Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 04-14-2011, 04:01 AM   #31
thomaspynchon
Banned

thomaspynchon has not been impressing people
Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Mavericks vs Trail Blazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
That is quite possibly the worst comeback ever. DeShawn Stevenson is trash.

Not really. When he starts, the Mavs do not lose. You'll see this weekend, man.
thomaspynchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:10 AM   #32
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
That is quite possibly the worst comeback ever. DeShawn Stevenson is trash.

I dunno man. I've ripped Tommy about Stevenson before but if his three point shot is falling he is a pretty valuable player. He just needs to set a physical tone, defend hard early to keep Kidd fresh and hit a couple of 3s and that does a world of good for the Mavs.

and TP, I am guessing that b/c Roddy did not start the final game that it meant he was already in danger of losing the starting spot. I think him getting injured will assure Stevenson starts.

Now the question is going to be who gets left off the active roster?

Is Roddy hurt enough to shut him down or will they try to use him as a change of pace off the bench? Do the Mavs keep Mahinmi for moments when Chandler and Haywood are in foul trouble? Will they want Brewer for his high energy, defense and length to help defend the wing?

As I see it, these are the players assured of the active roster

Kidd/JJB
Stevenson/Terry
Marion/Peja
Dirk/Cardinal
Chandler/Haywood

that leaves two spots for the trio of Brewer, Mahinmi and Roddy.

this also ignores Caron Butler who I am assuming would not be available until the second round at best. I am not counting on him to make it back though.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:11 AM   #33
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
Nah, deshawn will take like 3 shots and make 1 or 2 and he will lock up whoever he is guarding.

Lol are you just joking? Brandon Roy owned him in the 4th. Not old Roy either, I'm talking about no knees Brandon Roy killed him down the stretch.

I don't know much about DeShawn other than his 3 point shooting, but his defense is overrated. The guy that writes for Blazersedge said that the key to Roy looking like his old self is to always have DeShawn Stevenson guard him. That can't be a good sign.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:54 AM   #34
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Lol are you just joking? Brandon Roy owned him in the 4th. Not old Roy either, I'm talking about no knees Brandon Roy killed him down the stretch.

I don't know much about DeShawn other than his 3 point shooting, but his defense is overrated. The guy that writes for Blazersedge said that the key to Roy looking like his old self is to always have DeShawn Stevenson guard him. That can't be a good sign.

haha, maybe Roy plays well against him, because Deshawn has locked up everyone else he has guarded this season.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:30 AM   #35
Wiirdo
I airball my layups

Wiirdo has an OK reputation so far

I think the Blazers may just edge this.
Wiirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:32 AM   #36
ODEN>DURANT
Local High School Star

ODEN>DURANT has no real reputation yet.

Please preform consistently in this series for 7 games or how ever long it takes. That's the key Blazers. We must pinch one of the first 2 games in Dallas, I'm confident of winning in Rip City.

Hope Roy turns it on a bit in playoffs, that would be huge for Portland.
ODEN>DURANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:32 AM   #37
ODEN>DURANT
Local High School Star

ODEN>DURANT has no real reputation yet.

At the moment I've got Dallas edging it in 7 games though, HCA is the key atm.
ODEN>DURANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:39 AM   #38
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODEN>DURANT
At the moment I've got Dallas edging it in 7 games though, HCA is the key atm.

Dallas is better on the road than at home. I expect Portland to win 1 of the first 2 games.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:13 AM   #39
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

this should be a fun series. i can easily see it going 7 games and i'm a bit torn on who will win but i'm going with portland. coaching, momentum, hunger...and a bench that plays defense. dallas could use caron's versatility.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:09 AM   #40
plokmz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

plokmz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Not really. The Blazers now have Gerald Wallace, and since his arrival we've beaten Dallas twice. Now Dallas beat Portland twice, but they had Caron Butler in their building. We had Joel Pryzbilla and Cunningham instead of Wallace.

So this is Portland +Gerald Wallace vs. Dallas -Caron Butler.

The huge edge that Dallas has is home court advantage, and Dirk is the best player on either side offensively.
butler will be back? sure?
here are what i think about dallas
the only one who can attack the rim is dirk, he can still play good games, scoring the highest marks in the last quarter. but can u imagine that there is nobody else except him can drive inside? u can see there are three 3point shooters in the starting, what can u expect them to do in the last quarter??
jason kidd is a great pg, he can see every shooting chance and pass the ball sweatly, but he cannot creat the chances!
terry-dirk linkage is awesome, once they have pick and roll, they will bring others trouble,then whats next?? who is gonna help if the linkage doesnt work?
defense is the most serious problem that dallas has. i will say they can play excellent defense in some of the matches, like what they had in the first 30 games of this season. but the question is can they remember how to have such defense??
finally, i am a fan of kidd, hope that he can enjoy the match up with andrew miller!
plokmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:38 AM   #41
AI3Anthony
A New Era Begins

AI3Anthony is considered somewhat coolAI3Anthony is considered somewhat coolAI3Anthony is considered somewhat cool

Blazers WILL upset in 6 or 7.
AI3Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #42
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

while I would like Dallas to win do they realistically even have a chance against Portland, the team is just to big. And they matchup well with Dallas.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #43
MELOgamaniac
High school junior varsity star

MELOgamaniac has an OK reputation so far

Lamarcus gonna prove why he is better than Dirk this year
MELOgamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #44
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faiCIR9P1Ns
We fight... AS MAVERICKS!
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #45
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Something like 75% of the time, when a road team wins a playoff series, it's in 6 games.

So, Blazers in 6 to play the numbers.

(FYI, home teams mostly win in 5 or 7)
Droid101 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: