Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 04-17-2011, 12:57 AM   #481
Hulk Hogan
Banned

Hulk Hogan is considered somewhat coolHulk Hogan is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Mavericks vs Trail Blazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
I actually totally agree. The refs just randomly started calling the game tightly which obviously favors the Mavs. The Mavs did make the big plays though. Kidd made the biggest shot of the game and Dirk earned most of his trips to the line and made some huge shots.

Fitting game given our discussion earlier. Dirk did everything you claim he doesn't. And its even more fitting that Dirk struggled most of the game and still won. Normally he doesn't have a teammate step up like Kidd did tonight. Kidd gave Dirk a chance in the 4th.....and Dirk stepped up in a way very few player currently can.

Give Dirk a chance late and its trouble.

LOL @ this fool. You don't randomly start calling the game tight in the last 4 mins in favor of the team who didn't have a field goal in the last 10 minutes.

Admit it, they got the phone call from stern and went to work!
Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:59 AM   #482
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
LOL @ this fool. You don't randomly start calling the game tight in the last 4 mins in favor of the team who didn't have a field goal in the last 10 minutes.

The exact same scenario happened for your Lakers in the 4th qtr in game 7. The exact same thing.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:01 AM   #483
mavsownage41
I airball my layups

mavsownage41 has decent reputation

Quote:

Dude, come on.

mavsownage41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:01 AM   #484
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
until stern made the phone call.

free throws =/= field goals
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:02 AM   #485
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Oh crap.

Somebody is very very mad.

LOL. Sorry bud. Dirk owned your smug ass tonight. Was Dirk not tough enough late? Was he not a great leader late?

Uber clutch performance from Dirk. Played terrible and then dominated late. Sign of a great player and a truly clutch player.

You act as if I said Dirk isn't clutch.

I even gave him props a couple post back, but of course you skimmed through that because you wanted to one up me from that other thread. Sometimes I forget I'm going back and forth with 'Lil kids and fanbois.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:05 AM   #486
OriginalNameGuy
Serious playground baller

OriginalNameGuy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Stern doesn't give a damn about the Mavs
OriginalNameGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:05 AM   #487
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
You act as if I said Dirk isn't clutch.

I even gave him props a couple post back, but of course you skimmed through that because you wanted to one up me from that other thread. Sometimes I forget I'm going back and forth with 'Lil kids and fanbois.

Nah. You just make it sound like Dirk doesn't routinely do stuff like this. In fact, he does all the time.

And you were trolling Dirk hard when he was struggling calling out his misses and calling him soft.

"Dirk do what Mavs do"....right?

LOL. I'm just spreading the word. Dirk is mother****ing clutch and routinely performs better when the game is on the line.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:07 AM   #488
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Nah. You just make it sound like Dirk doesn't routinely do stuff like this. In fact, he does all the time.

And you were trolling Dirk hard when he was struggling calling out his misses and calling him soft.

"Dirk do what Mavs do"....right?

LOL. I'm just spreading the word. Dirk is mother****ing clutch and routinely performs better when the game is on the line.

Maybe because he was missing and is soft? He was choking, like the Mavs were late in the 3rd quarter. Again, I never said he wasn't clutch or NOT one of the leagues best players down the stretch.

Keep doing your thing though. Dirk 4 life man!!!
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:07 AM   #489
thomaspynchon
Banned

thomaspynchon has not been impressing people

The only reason Portland was even in the game was because of the bullshit touch fouls they called on dallas for 3 quarters and all the hacking of dirk that wasn't called (and was mentioned by the announcers)
thomaspynchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:11 AM   #490
ThaSwagg3r

This series could still go either way. I doubt Kidd will be making shots like that all series long though.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:12 AM   #491
Hulk Hogan
Banned

Hulk Hogan is considered somewhat coolHulk Hogan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsownage41
Dude, come on.

B*tch please... Dirk pushed down wallace and they called nothing, then another defender came and touched dirk and they called a foul for touching dirk...

WTF? How do you explain that? EXPLAIN or GTFO!!
Hulk Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:12 AM   #492
thomaspynchon
Banned

thomaspynchon has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
lol. Dirk got hammered early in the game. Offense foul when he was clearly getting fouled. He hits the deck and everything in the 4th and people complain about the refs. Then Marion gets a foul for moving?? The refs were bad imo, but that was not the reason why the Mavs won.

Shit, I forgot about all the bullshit offensive fouls they called on Dirk in the first half. And zero FTs heading into the 4th. The refs were what kept Portland afloat all game long.
thomaspynchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:15 AM   #493
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Maybe because he was missing and is soft? He was choking, like the Mavs were late in the 3rd quarter. Again, I never said he wasn't clutch or NOT one of the leagues best players down the stretch.

Keep doing your thing though. Dirk 4 life man!!!

How do you choke in the first 3 qtrs? Do you know the definition of just playing poorly?

That is my problem with people like you. Dirk plays a bad game and he's a choker. Why can't he just play like ass. I just don't think you know the actual definition of the word choke.

Dirk isn't soft. He battled on the boards all night real hard actually. Only Mav in double figures rebounding.

Dirk has all the qualities you claim he doesn't. That is why its frustrating. He does shit like this all the freaking time. All the time.

But I'm just messing with you. I do respect your opinion, I just feel you and others are way too hard on Dirk as a player and seem to ignore a lot of these moments that Dirk has in favor of only focusing on the negative.

Mavs got lucky tonight that Kidd was on fire and that the refs called a few phantom fouls late.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:21 AM   #494
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:33 AM   #495
TaLvsCuaL
Bandwagoner 100%

TaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dallas received much help from the referees, but the Mavs also did pretty good game. Both teams played pretty well, especially on defense. There are a couple of facts that seem crucial in defeating Portland, Wallace terrible game on offense, and 2/16 three-point percentage.
TaLvsCuaL is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: