Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 04-17-2011, 01:36 AM   #496
thomaspynchon
Banned

thomaspynchon has not been impressing people
Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Mavericks vs Trail Blazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLvsCuaL
Dallas received much help from the referees, but the Mavs also did pretty good game. Both teams played pretty well, especially on defense. There are a couple of facts that seem crucial in defeating Portland, Wallace terrible game on offense, and 2/16 three-point percentage.

Refs handed the Blazers the game for 3 quarters. get out of here with that bullshit.

2 quick fouls on Terry, touch fouls on barea, offensive fouls on dirk, no calls for dirk on offense.
thomaspynchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:42 AM   #497
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
This.

20 free throws in the 4th quarter? GTFO! Blazers with only 13 in the ENTIRE game!

Three games already stern has precisely engineered. I hope he stays the fcuk out the Lakers game tomorrow!

According to your standards the refs made the Lakers NBA champs last season. Thanks for admitting.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:53 AM   #498
TaLvsCuaL
Bandwagoner 100%

TaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
Refs handed the Blazers the game for 3 quarters. get out of here with that bullshit.

2 quick fouls on Terry, touch fouls on barea, offensive fouls on dirk, no calls for dirk on offense.
Your fanaticism keeps you from being fairly objective, at no time have said that the action of the refs was scandalous. But Dallas got help from the referees is obvious, as well as probably will the Blazers in the Rose Garden.
TaLvsCuaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:56 AM   #499
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLvsCuaL
Your fanaticism keeps you from being fairly objective, at no time have said that the action of the refs was scandalous. But Dallas got help from the referees is obvious, as well as probably will the Blazers in the Rose Garden.

They didn't. Portland got all the calls for three quarters. I'm not a fanatic. I love my Mavs but I call it objectively.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:32 AM   #500
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dallas won fair and square...STFU about refs

Dallas has had a whole Finals win taken away from them by refs...I don't want to read that shit...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:45 AM   #501
Rajondo
I airball my layups

Rajondo has an OK reputation so far

Ths is the only thing I don't like about the playoffs... People around the world join and fight battles against other fans about who got screwed by the refs more.
Rajondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:56 AM   #502
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Dirk owning all of his haters as usual. Brans and Hulk and Kuniva looking like idiots as uaual.

What happened? For once Dirk had a teammate step up and keep us in the game while Dirk was struggling.

What did Dirk do? Just closed that game out and completely dominated the game in the 4th like he often does.

28/10/2....and a great 4th qtr. Just a normal playoff game for Dirk.

7/20

6 TOs

^ Only stats that matter according to most people, including yourself, on this site.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:16 AM   #503
TaLvsCuaL
Bandwagoner 100%

TaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajondo
Ths is the only thing I don't like about the playoffs... People around the world join and fight battles against other fans about who got screwed by the refs more.
The refs always help the paper, this is a shame, against the scissors was always fair. Im stone.

Last edited by TaLvsCuaL : 04-17-2011 at 03:21 AM.
TaLvsCuaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:23 AM   #504
opps
Banned

opps is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Good finish by Dirk...
opps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:56 AM   #505
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
7/20

6 TOs

^ Only stats that matter according to most people, including yourself, on this site.

We were discussing clutch play. Not overall play. I would never say Dirk played a great game tonight. He just owned the critics calling him a choker as usual.

Brans and Hulk just can't admit Dirk is clutch. Hilarious.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:01 AM   #506
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
Portland got raped by the refs. Touch fouls for Dallas all night, no touch fouls for Portland except for that mystery one on Marion. Every time Dirk touched the ball it was a foul. Yeah, he got hit on some of the plays, but Portland's guys were getting hit the same way and not getting calls.

This is how I feel about the game, but we had our chance and blew it.

What was frustrating to me, is we were the team making baskets from the field. While Dallas was getting those points back at the free throw line. Working hard for points and never getting anywhere it's like fighting in quicksand.

Frustrating 4th. I expected that Nate would speak up about the refs after the game, and he rarely does say anything. Some will say he's a sore loser, but it has to be said. You don't let two teams beat the hell out of each other all game, and then just stop letting one team get away with it.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:07 AM   #507
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
This is how I feel about the game, but we had our chance and blew it.

What was frustrating to me, is we were the team making baskets from the field. While Dallas was getting those points back at the free throw line. Working hard for points and never getting anywhere it's like fighting in quicksand.

Frustrating 4th. I expected that Nate would speak up about the refs after the game, and he rarely does say anything. Some will say he's a sore loser, but it has to be said. You don't let two teams beat the hell out of each other all game, and then just stop letting one team get away with it.

What about the 1000 touch fouls they called on terry/barea and the offensive fouls on Dirk?

I guess it only counts when your team isn't getting the calls.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:15 AM   #508
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
What about the 1000 touch fouls they called on terry/barea and the offensive fouls on Dirk?

I guess it only counts when your team isn't getting the calls.

Lol wtf, Camby was in front of Dirk, set up, clearly outside the paint and went down. They had to call a charge.

I'm wondering what touch fouls you're talking about seeing as Barea only got called for 1 foul, and Terry got called for 3.

You're being a homer.

Both teams were getting away with murder, and you think that Dallas was good enough to get a 19-2 free throw advantage in the 4th? I find it a little odd that the one game I see Dirk shoot so badly, he gets 9 free throws in the 4th.

Like Portland would suddenly start fouling a guy that had shot that poorly.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:27 AM   #509
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Lol wtf, Camby was in front of Dirk, set up, clearly outside the paint and went down. They had to call a charge.

I'm wondering what touch fouls you're talking about seeing as Barea only got called for 1 foul, and Terry got called for 3.

You're being a homer.

Both teams were getting away with murder, and you think that Dallas was good enough to get a 19-2 free throw advantage in the 4th? I find it a little odd that the one game I see Dirk shoot so badly, he gets 9 free throws in the 4th.

Like Portland would suddenly start fouling a guy that had shot that poorly.

even the announcers said he got hacked by 3 other Blazers on the play, including Wallace grabbing him by the jersey before the charge on Camby. Then there was a bullshit offensive foul on Aldridge when they were merely being "physical" as you put it. In the second quarter the refs called back to back fouls on Barea on Miller when the play was 20 feet from the basket. Blazers by far got the calls until the 4th.

In the 4th Dirk put his head down and earned his FT attempts except 1 or 2 ticky tack fouls. Aldridge was fading and doing baby hooks and scoring off of alley oops. Hard to advocate for him there. Dirk was being doubled on every possession while the Mavs guarded Aldridge 1 on 1 the entire game.

The game wasn't lost because of the refs. it was lost because your team didn't go hard when it mattered while Dirk was getting hammered each time he went hard at the basket.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:39 AM   #510
ODEN>DURANT
Local High School Star

ODEN>DURANT has no real reputation yet.

Well, what can you do? Tight ball game and the refs take over. There's nothing we can do. It was a good game and the Blazers got up by 6 with 5:47 left, but in the last quarter the refs give dallas a win. Nothing we can do. Dirk gets 15 FT's in 1 quarter and Dallas has 19-2 overall. Are you kidding me?

Let's just sit and pray that they let the players play ball in Game 2 and not decide the game again.

Series score : Refs 1, Mavs 0, Blazers 0.
ODEN>DURANT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: