Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 04-17-2011, 05:41 AM   #511
thomaspynchon
Banned

thomaspynchon has not been impressing people
Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Mavericks vs Trail Blazers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODEN>DURANT
Well, what can you do? Tight ball game and the refs take over. There's nothing we can do. It was a good game and the Blazers got up by 6 with 5:47 left, but in the last quarter the refs give dallas a win. Nothing we can do. Dirk gets 15 FT's in 1 quarter and Dallas has 19-2 overall. Are you kidding me?

Let's just sit and pray that they let the players play ball in Game 2 and not decide the game again.

Series score : Refs 1, Mavs 0, Blazers 0.

If you can show me one instance of a Blazers player being aggressive in the 4th and not getting the call, I would love to see it.

Also tell me about the bullshit away from the play call foul on Marion with 2 minutes left.
thomaspynchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:45 AM   #512
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
even the announcers said he got hacked by 3 other Blazers on the play, including Wallace grabbing him by the jersey before the charge on Camby. Then there was a bullshit offensive foul on Aldridge when they were merely being "physical" as you put it. In the second quarter the refs called back to back fouls on Barea on Miller when the play was 20 feet from the basket. Blazers by far got the calls until the 4th.

In the 4th Dirk put his head down and earned his FT attempts except 1 or 2 ticky tack fouls. Aldridge was fading and doing baby hooks and scoring off of alley oops. Hard to advocate for him there. Dirk was being doubled on every possession while the Mavs guarded Aldridge 1 on 1 the entire game.

The game wasn't lost because of the refs. it was lost because your team didn't go hard when it mattered while Dirk was getting hammered each time he went hard at the basket.

If the Mavericks do advance, they are going to probably lose a game at some point. In one of these games, they will get totally raped by the refs. It's not going to feel good. So you will know where I'm coming from.

Either way, Portland should have played a lot better, the Mavs made tough shots. I can live with that. The homecourt did what is was suppose to. Both teams being equally aggressive, Mavs got the calls.

I think when Portland gets home court calls, we're going to see a bunch of pissed of Mavs fans posting.
RoseCity07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:48 AM   #513
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
If the Mavericks do advance, they are going to probably lose a game at some point. In one of these games, they will get totally raped by the refs. It's not going to feel good. So you will know where I'm coming from.

Either way, Portland should have played a lot better, the Mavs made tough shots. I can live with that. The homecourt did what is was suppose to. Both teams being equally aggressive, Mavs got the calls.

I think when Portland gets home court calls, we're going to see a bunch of pissed of Mavs fans posting.

I agree, if the Mavs would have lost, I would have blamed in on the refs as well. Just like every fan would do.

Here's the biggest grain of the truth here: Blazers got ticky tack fouls called on the perimeter against the undersized Mavs and Dirk at the end got some ticky tack fouls because your team decided to guard him with smaller players. Thats just the way NBA officiating works. I'd rather let the refs allow the boys to play but you can't complain when what goes around comes around in the end.

The bullshit fouls called on terry hurt dallas a lot more than a bullshit foul on batum or wallace or whoever because your team has a lot more depth
Old 04-17-2011, 05:50 AM   #514
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspynchon
If you can show me one instance of a Blazers player being aggressive in the 4th and not getting the call, I would love to see it.

Also tell me about the bullshit away from the play call foul on Marion with 2 minutes left.

I didn't even see that play because they didn't show it on my local broadcast that I switched over to from ESPN. It probably was a terrible call. I have no idea why the refs would call such trash in a playoff game. I have no idea how a team could shoot 19 free throws in a game during a huge drought.

That tells me a lot of fouls were being called. Fouls that weren't called earlier in the game. Portland didn't all of a sudden change playing style from the 3rd to 4th.

Whatever though, good luck game 2. Forget this game. Mavericks deserved to win this game outright for the rapage that Kidd did to Andre Miller with those 6 threes.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:51 AM   #515
ODEN>DURANT
Local High School Star

ODEN>DURANT has no real reputation yet.

15 FT's, 15.
ODEN>DURANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:52 AM   #516
ODEN>DURANT
Local High School Star

ODEN>DURANT has no real reputation yet.

Still we shoot 2-16 from 3, and leave Kidd open all night, we can't do that. I still want the refs to settle down in Game 2, because we must win that. I know we can and then take it back to the Rose garden.
ODEN>DURANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:56 AM   #517
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
I didn't even see that play because they didn't show it on my local broadcast that I switched over to from ESPN. It probably was a terrible call. I have no idea why the refs would call such trash in a playoff game. I have no idea how a team could shoot 19 free throws in a game during a huge drought.

That tells me a lot of fouls were being called. Fouls that weren't called earlier in the game. Portland didn't all of a sudden change playing style from the 3rd to 4th.

Whatever though, good luck game 2. Forget this game. Mavericks deserved to win this game outright for the rapage that Kidd did to Andre Miller with those 6 threes.

As mentioned, a sizable portion of the Blazers' points in the paint were off of alley oops (I think close to 25 points), so there's really no way to get a foul called there. Blazers were fouling Dirk throughout the game.

I could easily say that it is ridiculous that Dirk shot ZERO Free throws the entire game up until the 4th, given the way the Blazers were guarding him, and that in the 4th the refs decided to calls a foul a foul.

I can already tell you what will happen in game 2. Blazers will start out attacking the basket and all sorts of bullshit calls will be made against Dallas putting them into the penalty within the 9 minute mark of the first quarter. It's the same shit that happened in the San Antonio series last postseason after Popovich whined about fouls.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:08 AM   #518
JBull
THE CHAMP IS HERE

JBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJBull is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What happened to Roddy Beaubois? I just noticed he was inactive, is he injured? I didn't hear anything about it yall.
JBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:09 AM   #519
nbastatus
Doodle

nbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Jason Kidd continues to score like this, it could be the end to the Blazers.
nbastatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:10 AM   #520
thomaspynchon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbastatus
If Jason Kidd continues to score like this, it could be the end to the Blazers.

he won't.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:10 AM   #521
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoartthou
are you even watching the ****ing game? Those are actually legit fouls. Dirk got hammered on the layup... andre miller hacked the shit out of terry

are you fcking kidding me idiot? Dallas shot 18 free throws in the 4th quarter, Portland shot 1. are you telling me that portland fouled dallas 18x more in that quarter? or are the refs full of 18x bullshit? yeah dirk got hammered on a some plays, wallace, roy and aldridge got hammered all quarter and didnt go to the line once.

sure, dirk had 18 points in the 4th... 13 of them were free throws. the next time i hear a mavs fan crying about how they were wronged by "d whistle" i am going to take a shit in their mouth. if it wasnt for the refs the mavs would have lost by 10+ tonight.

kenny mauer is a piece of shit slimy ass guido motherfcker.

Last edited by KeylessEntry : 04-17-2011 at 07:23 AM.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:20 AM   #522
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
are you fcking kidding me idiot? Dallas shot 18 free throws in the 4th quarter, Portland shot 1. are you telling me that portland fouled dallas 18x more in that quarter? or are the refs full of 18x bullshit?

sure, dirk had 18 points in the 4th... 13 of them were free throws. the next time i hear a mavs fan crying about how they were wronged by "d whistle" i am going to take a shit in their mouth.

kenny mauer is a piece of shit slimy ass guido motherfcking ref.

I'm mad at the refs, but I think we really need to not make that the issue.

Portland blew this game. Dallas was begging to be put out of its misery. A chance to go up 8 with all the momentum, Wallace throws away a two on one fast break. Roy shouldn't have been in the game, and Camby's amazing rebounding was missed.

Why wasn't Camby in? Why wasn't Matthews in? Nate failed in game 1.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:21 AM   #523
OriginalNameGuy
Serious playground baller

OriginalNameGuy has an OK reputation so far

Shut that bullshit up about Stern and the Refs
Where were they when the Maverick's lost to NOLA and Golden State in the 1st round?????? The Mavs don't get preferrential treatment
OriginalNameGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:24 AM   #524
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalNameGuy
Shut that bullshit up about Stern and the Refs
Where were they when the Maverick's lost to NOLA and Golden State in the 1st round?????? The Mavs don't get preferrential treatment

how is 18-1 not preferential treatment? did you watch the game? the amount of contact was identical on both sides of the floor in that quarter.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:25 AM   #525
bettalaylow
I hit open 5-footers

bettalaylow has no real reputation yet.

I will feel a lot better if Dallas heads to Portland up 2 instead 1 and 1. So I think next game should be viewed as a must win.
bettalaylow is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: