Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 06-25-2008, 04:11 PM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Default NW arms race- russell westbrook

every year i have hopes of the nuggets going after the perfect fit- of course it never works for me as the players ive wanted always seem to get picked before the nugs pick- josh smith, jr smith, & hakim warrick were my hopes in their year- they went 3,2,&1 pick before the nuggets

(easy for anyone to say now, but) i really wanted amare, and from watching the mcdonalds game i also really wanted monta ellis- the nuggets only had their hands on 3 differen picks in the 15 or so spots leading up to ellis being picked in rd 2 (anybody remember ricky sanchez?)

anyway my point is, i was excited for a while with hopes that the nuggets would think like me and be able to grab the PERFECT future nug- RUSSELL WESTBROOK- 6-4 pg ucla

westbrook will be a (imo) great pg in the nba- he will be one of if not the top defensive pg in the league from day 1- his offense is also misunderstood as he may not be the prototype set-it up with the dribble type point- he is a ball pusher and ball mover- westbrook is also a world class athlete and imo the only gaurd that compares athletically to rose- westbrook is very good at getting to the basket and is a great finisher

russell westbrook would be the perfect point gaurd for the nuggets, weather he is lining up next to jr & carmelo, or even as an iverson sidekick- the guy doesnt need the ball all the time, doesnt force his own shots, and has a perfect attitude & work ethic- i can only picture westbrook running the fastbreak w guys like jr, melo& kleiza- how could anyone keep up w that?

westbrook is the player we need to compete for championships against guys like tony parker, cp3,& d williams

here is my concern- i believe that both seattle and portland would both love to get westbrook- hopefully seattle goes w bayless, but then there is another pg to deal w

what about pick 5? 6? 8? could westbrook be available there? could denver trade into one of those picks? is memphis really trading 5 for david lee and to get rid of cardinal? why shouldnt we want cardinal & the pick- najera isnt coming back to this circus- could cardinal actually fill the najera role for us? a perfect trade imo would be iverson & 3 future 1sts for cardinal, mike miller and #5- even if nugs add klieza im not sure memphis does that deal(though they should) would martin & klieza get cardinal & #5? would camby & kleiza be enough? too much?

because of our #1 i still think of denver as the best team in our division- but is it time to fill the pg hole? yes, and it should be westbrook

all westbrook would be in charge of for the nugs is covering parker, paul, williams, & probobly roy, durant, kobe & also possibly bayless & mayo- that seems fairly important to me- unless you want melo and a carter to split those duties

imo westbrook is worth denvers next 3 1st round picks- of course i though rodney stucky was too- (and admit that i thought shaun livingston was too) how much would you give up for westbrook or another player that you see perfect for the nugs? (ps rose may be worth 6-8 picks but the limit is 3) what do you expect the nugs to get over the next 4-5 years in the draft anyway at picks 20-25 or higher?

im a huge believer tha you shouldnt let the draft order dictate what you get- you have to find the right player, and then figure out a way to make it happen

utah is solid and in good position for the future- portland seems to be in great position for the future, and seattle & minnisota both have something going- it is time for the nuggets to face reality that this current team will not win it all- imo the next nugget team (if done right) will be a championship contender

sorry for the rant and for the 100th time throwing out westbrooks name- i just know that there is a really really good chance that my westbrook to the nugs dream will end tomorow- i just hope portland doesnt make a move to grab him, & i really dont want westrook to go to those rotten bastards from oklahoma

2010 nba champs
-westbrook
-jr smith
-carmelo
-bargnani
-nene

oh yeah and they would keep winning chips for a while
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Default Re: NW arms race- russell westbrook

Westbrook is for REAL man, I've never seen him play in person before, but I've watched a lot of UCLA games to know what he is capable of doing and he is the truth from California. He can be the rookie of the year for any team in the NBA because of his skills offensively and defensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub

here is my concern- i believe that both seattle and portland would both love to get westbrook- hopefully seattle goes w bayless, but then there is another pg to deal w

what about pick 5? 6? 8? could westbrook be available there? could denver trade into one of those picks? is memphis really trading 5 for david lee and to get rid of cardinal? why shouldnt we want cardinal & the pick- najera isnt coming back to this circus- could cardinal actually fill the najera role for us? a perfect trade imo would be iverson & 3 future 1sts for cardinal, mike miller and #5- even if nugs add klieza im not sure memphis does that deal(though they should) would martin & klieza get cardinal & #5? would camby & kleiza be enough? too much?

because of our #1 i still think of denver as the best team in our division- but is it time to fill the pg hole? yes, and it should be westbrook

I feel ya man. The Nuggets are in a dire need for a pg, that can play both ends. I think to get to one of the top ten picks we gotta give up Iverson, Camby, Kleiza, and our 20th pick.

Has Westbrook worked out with the Nuggets?

If we don't get Westbrook who would you like to see the Nuggets get?

I want either Brandon Rush, Mario Chalmers, Robin Lopez, Roy Hibbert, Alexis Ajinca, or even Josh Duncan.

If we get one of those guys I would be happy.

In this years draft we need to go big or go home with this one. Get the top player or say goodbye to a wasted draft.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:52 PM   #3
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

mayo , westbrook, & bayless all coming to the NW?? bad news

as a westbrook fan i think its a shame that he has to go to those dirty okie owners-

bayless trade for portland is a great move- they just got alot better today

mayo in minnisota also gives them a great fit- i see their future with mayo at point and corey brewer as the starting 2 gaurd/ defender role with foye as the sixth man- or foye/mayo, either way they have also improved

we are now the worst team in our division at pg and if jr gets away we are completly outmaned in the backcourt by every single team in the division

dwill/ brewer
westbrook/durant
bayless/ roy
oj mayo/ brewer

ave point gaurd height is now 6-4 and average 2 gaurd is 6-8- we go what? 6-1 5-11
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:04 AM   #4
el gringos
Decent college freshman

Westbrook is not a differance maker in the nba- you could use 2 really good 2nd/3rd string typ pg's and it would be just as good as a westbrook
-------
Its unfair because I'm a ucla fan but I was hyping westbrook from the point where ish was calling me crazy because he wasn't a first round talent, then he for sure wasn't a lottery pick, then he wasn't worth 3 nugs 1st rounders
--------
Nugs still in search for a starting pg for the future- I was hoping it was westbrook, then hoping it was holiday, then hoping it was avery bradley (keep watching and by the time the celtics trade rondo you will see)- now we have to see another ucla guy- get a mid 1st pick for malcom lee
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:15 AM   #5
canyoufeelit?
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Westbrook is not a differance maker in the nba- you could use 2 really good 2nd/3rd string typ pg's and it would be just as good as a westbrook
-------
Its unfair because I'm a ucla fan but I was hyping westbrook from the point where ish was calling me crazy because he wasn't a first round talent, then he for sure wasn't a lottery pick, then he wasn't worth 3 nugs 1st rounders
--------
Nugs still in search for a starting pg for the future- I was hoping it was westbrook, then hoping it was holiday, then hoping it was avery bradley (keep watching and by the time the celtics trade rondo you will see)- now we have to see another ucla guy- get a mid 1st pick for malcom lee

this post is full of fail. ty lawson?
canyoufeelit? is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: