Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #16
OKCThunderUP
Thank you Based Presti

OKCThunderUP is considered somewhat coolOKCThunderUP is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Thunder vs Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
You have to be strong to guard KD?

No but he has the most trouble with strong players.
OKCThunderUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #17
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this board

And I hope the Nuggets make Perkins run, A LOT.. He's one of the slowest guys in the L and we have to use our dept to our advantage
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:35 PM   #18
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

EllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this board

This looks to be the best 1st round matchup in the west or the east. If I were betting, I would go with OKC, but the Nuggets can be pretty scrappy. Looking forward to these games.
EllEffEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #19
Thunder_Up
I airball my layups

Thunder_Up has an OK reputation so far

I keep bouncing between OKC in 5 or 6. I'm gonna go with 5. The last two games plus the injuries the Nuggets had make me think the Thunder are gonna win this series. I think the games will be close but the Thunder will edge out 4/5 times.
Thunder_Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:58 PM   #20
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllEffEll
This looks to be the best 1st round matchup in the west or the east. If I were betting, I would go with OKC, but the Nuggets can be pretty scrappy. Looking forward to these games.

+1

Both teams have similar styles, play mostly perimeter ball, defending is always key, and they are deep as hell, and athletic and love to run.

If Nene is healthy he will be the key, the only guy on either team who can score down low. But he has to battle Perkins who is the best low post defender in the league.

I think Denver will go with Lawson and Felton together a lot and run like wild horses. Don't think nether guy can check Westbrook who will be the reason OKC wins this series. I see him averaging 25/9/7 over the course of the series.

I think George Karl saying 45/55 he would rather see Dallas is going to show its ugly head, and Felton talking smack will get him smacked up by Westbrook.

This is a can't miss series for me, Im gonna try and watch every game
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #21
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hey Kurple i already lost an avi bet so if you win this bet (OKC in 7 or Denver wins) you'll need to wait a month until i finish this lost bet.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #22
garubu
Kids at the park dunk on me

garubu has an OK reputation so far

I have a question for thunder and wesrbrook fans. Is westbrook a crybaby when it comes to getting calls. Because the last game i watched when they were in denver he seems to whine alot. Especially when he was getting frustrated since lawson was owning him. My prediction is thunder in 7. HC is whats going to be huge in this series. Ill say it will end in 6 if refs bail westbrook and durant out.
garubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #23
garubu
Kids at the park dunk on me

garubu has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
Denver doesn't have anyone strong enough to stop Durant and no one fast enough to stop Westbrook. The OKC bench is deep and was one of the biggest keys to their two victories over Denver a couple of weeks ago.

OKC is one of the few teams fast enough to prevent Denver from playing their run and gun game. It doesn't speak well to Denver, historically, that they don't have a shuper star player to get the ball to come crunch time.

It will be a good series but I have OKC in 6.
lol wtf? Westbrook fast but lets not say no one can stop him. Hopefully ty goes apeshit on him like the third game this season when they went head to head. Westbrook was crying for fouls all night. Ref bailed him out at least twice. Maynard was big fir you guys though. Hopefully durant doesnt come out shooting hot or nuggz are ****ed.
garubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #24
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
I wonder how good the nuggets team when they get time to gel.. Since people love talking about the Knicks needing time to gel
The difference is the Knicks team IS the Knicks team. We are not retooling next year. The Nuggets got all these pieces to trade, sign who they want (you have a bunch of FA's remember), etc. Your whole team is auditioning for roles. Next year you are not doing the 10 man, 2 sents of 5, everyone is starting. I think people think this is the way the Nuggets will play from now on.

OKC in 5, 6 at worst. In the playoffs there are always a bunch of players you find out can't hack it and that's when you dump the ball to your star and ask them to bail you out. For Denver, that is who exactly? Gallo? Lawson? Nene in the post? Game tied, 3 minutes to go, OKC goes to Westbrook/Durant, Denver all stares at each other.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #25
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDthunderup
Thunder in 7

Westbrook > Lawson
Sefalosha < Affalo
Durant > Gallinari
Ibaka > Martin
Perkins < Nene

Thunder bench - Denver Bench

Homecourt will be the deciding factor.

never a fan of the position by position analysis however, did you say the benches are equal? not sure if im reading that right. maybe you are subtracting them?
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #26
ATL_Bball_King
Decent playground baller

ATL_Bball_King has not been impressing people

This is prolly the most difficult series to predict...On one hand you have a team with two superstars and a complete starting five...And on the other you have a team with two starting five groups with out any superstars...I dont know what combination is more deadly...I guess that is what we are gonna see...

I say it comes down to straight up defense...Who ever plays the better defense in series wins it...

I say thunder in 7...Its gonna come down to a Durant or Westbrook clutch shot...I feel Durant has it in him...But if westbrook takes it (not likely) they will lose...

Damn.....Such great matchups...
ATL_Bball_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #27
MeloMike
Nugz/Melo/Habs/Jays

MeloMike has decent reputationMeloMike has decent reputation

With this recent slew of injuries, it appears the Denver bench and depth will be tested. We are deep, but Nene and Ty are probably our two most important players right now. Not to mention AAs health. Jesus, if both teams were healthy, this would really be close to a coin flip.

It comes down to Denvers depth vs OKCs stars. Not to say OKC has no depth, but Denver 1-12 is as deep as anyone in the L.

I wanna say Denver as a homer pick, and it wouldn't be outrageous. If they can steal one in OKC, then I think they will win this series.

That's quite the big if though. OKC certainly has the advantage in close games with closers like Durant and Westbrook. And I think this series (whether it's 4 or 7 games) will have all close contests.

I will go with OKC in 7, but I really think Denver could pull it off with their depth and desire to play D. Will be a great series. Home court will be a factor.
MeloMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #28
canyoufeelit?
I brick open layups

canyoufeelit? has an OK reputation so far

Denver in 4

jk lol. probably okc in 6. either way, going to be more entertaining than any other series.
canyoufeelit? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #29
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board

Posted in my thread:

no doubt the most exciting of all first round matchups. Despite splitting the season series 2-2, the Thunder easily won the last two after the Nuggets traded Melo, so this means the Nuggets cannot take their post-trade success for granted. They are by far the deepest team in the league, going 10 deep, and will come at the Thunder in waves after waves of athletes and high powered scoring predicated on ball movement. However, they lack that go-to scorer like Kevin Durant, which might cost them a couple of games. The Thunder has everything: interior defense, size, chemistry, hunger, and homecourt. Thunder in 7
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #30
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by garubu
I have a question for thunder and wesrbrook fans. Is westbrook a crybaby when it comes to getting calls. Because the last game i watched when they were in denver he seems to whine alot. Especially when he was getting frustrated since lawson was owning him. My prediction is thunder in 7. HC is whats going to be huge in this series. Ill say it will end in 6 if refs bail westbrook and durant out.
Not even close, he probably has like 5 techs in his career. He has a pouty demeanor when things aren't going his way though but he doesn't take it off on refs. He just walks off the court with his head down kind of shaking it. To refs, most he'll do is say one thing then walk off.

I think we take this one, 6 or 7. Either way, I got my tickets ready and got some extras (OKC ISHers hit me up, 105$ for a pair)

I'm not looking forward to the game being so late though 8:30pm? WTF? People have to work and go to school the next day, I won't end up getting home until like 1am
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: