Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #31
PBJ_Time
Blue Alliance OKC Capt

PBJ_Time has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Thunder vs Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
Not even close, he probably has like 5 techs in his career. He has a pouty demeanor when things aren't going his way though but he doesn't take it off on refs. He just walks off the court with his head down kind of shaking it. To refs, most he'll do is say one thing then walk off.

I think we take this one, 6 or 7. Either way, I got my tickets ready and got some extras (OKC ISHers hit me up, 105$ for a pair)

I'm not looking forward to the game being so late though 8:30pm? WTF? People have to work and go to school the next day, I won't end up getting home until like 1am
Where are the seats at?
PBJ_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #32
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Cowboy Thunder has not been impressing people

Thunder in 5

Explaination: RW, JH, KD, Air Congo and Beaumont, Tx
Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:49 PM   #33
KDthunderup
Decent college freshman

KDthunderup has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugzFan
never a fan of the position by position analysis however, did you say the benches are equal? not sure if im reading that right. maybe you are subtracting them?
Thunder bench has outright owned the Nuggets bench each time they have played. They also have the leading scorer off the bench since the all star break, James Harden.
KDthunderup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:38 PM   #34
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ_Time
Where are the seats at?
314L My season ticket is 102QQ so I'm good. However, 100$ while it might seem outrageous is actually far less than what people are asking on these tickets sites and CL. I bought these off ebay for this price, just wanna break even
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #35
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDthunderup
Thunder bench has outright owned the Nuggets bench each time they have played. They also have the leading scorer off the bench since the all star break, James Harden.

that's nice. Denvers bench is the deepest in the league
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #36
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Are Nene, Gallo, Afflalo, Mozgov, etc. going to be healthy for this series?
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:54 PM   #37
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Are Nene, Gallo, Afflalo, Mozgov, etc. going to be healthy for this series?

From what I remember reading Karl said if we played today Nene\AA wouldn't go but Gallo probably would. Nene himself said he's ready to go for the first game pretty sure. Ty Lawson is expected for game 1. I'm sensing we won't hear alot of definitive things and Karl doesn't want OKC to know what the word is. I think in general tho Denver's just really banged up and we won't truly know how bad until the first or second game. Mozzy I think is expected to be available later in the series I think. Don't quote me on this, just off the top of my head after reading a few things.

Also heard Felton\Lawson starting could be an option? Interesting to see the least. Leads me to believe AA is nowhere near gameshape witch isn't very good for Denver tho.

On a completely separate note, people always say in the playoffs It's all about matchups and having a player down the stretch etc. I think one side of the argument people fail to realize is that when you have 2 guy's like Durant\Westbrook you know exactly who's shooting the majority of the shots and you can decide how to go about it. OKC however is going to have to take a stab at it and try to shut down certain area's. Maybe's it's Nene's post up or Ty Lawson's penetration. Either way gotta be tough to not know who's going to be going off against the team your facing. Than again those player's don't have the same ability so that's where the massive edge for stars come into play I guess. Food for thought.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:58 PM   #38
KDthunderup
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Obviously that didnt help them when they were playing us.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #39
The Bird
I airball my layups

The Bird has an OK reputation so far

I'll avy bet any Thunder fan the Nuggets win this series.
The Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:27 PM   #40
KDthunderup
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bird
I'll avy bet any Thunder fan the Nuggets win this series.
Deal
Old 04-14-2011, 10:28 PM   #41
The Bird
I airball my layups

The Bird has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Deal

Great.
The Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:49 PM   #42
bstickq1
I brick open layups

bstickq1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
They also have the leading scorer off the bench since the all star break, James Harden.

JR Smith has been doing well since the allstar break too -

25 games since allstar break -

25.8 Min
14.5 PTS
45.2 FG%
45.5 3P% (on 5.4 attempts per game o_O)

Interestingly he literally disappeared in the two games against OKC.

Last edited by bstickq1 : 04-15-2011 at 12:01 AM.
bstickq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:12 AM   #43
OKCThunderUP
Thank you Based Presti

OKCThunderUP is considered somewhat coolOKCThunderUP is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Which is why OKC's bench absolutely dismantled the Denver bench in both match-ups, right?
OKCThunderUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:34 AM   #44
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
Which is why OKC's bench absolutely dismantled the Denver bench in both match-ups, right?

Quit being silly. Two games head to head doesn't determine what team has a better bench. That's like implying by the Cavs beating the Knicks there the better team.

OKC's bench got the better half of Denver's in two games. I'd love to see how the numbers for the rest of the season matches up. Or does that not count?. Just a random question here but if Denver's bench outplays Portland's bench and OKC's bench out play's Denver's bench annnnd Portland's bench outplays OKC who has the best bench? . Fact is 2 game same size is ridiculously small.

Now am I saying OKC's bench can't outplay Denver bench again through out the series? Of course not. In general terms tho I don't understand how you couldn't understand that Denver has the better bench.

Felton
J.R
Chandler\Harrington
Birdman\Harrington
Mosgov\Koufos
(when fully healthy, Chandler has started quite abit with all the injuries).
or

Maynor
Harden
Cook
Collison
Nazr

Your honestly going to say you feel more comfortable with OKC's bench through out a 7 game series?. If that's the case than you might as well go ahead and call the sweep because you've already got the 2 best players by far in the series and now you have the best bench. Why is Denver even going to keep a game close?
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:42 AM   #45
OKCThunderUP
Thank you Based Presti

OKCThunderUP is considered somewhat coolOKCThunderUP is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Quit being silly. Two games head to head doesn't determine what team has a better bench. That's like implying by the Cavs beating the Knicks there the better team.

OKC's bench got the better half of Denver's in two games. I'd love to see how the numbers for the rest of the season matches up. Or does that not count?. Just a random question here but if Denver's bench outplays Portland's bench and OKC's bench out play's Denver's bench annnnd Portland's bench outplays OKC who has the best bench? . Fact is 2 game same size is ridiculously small.

Now am I saying OKC's bench can't outplay Denver bench again through out the series? Of course not. In general terms tho I don't understand how you couldn't understand that Denver has the better bench.

Felton
J.R
Chandler\Harrington
Birdman\Harrington
Mosgov\Koufos
(when fully healthy, Chandler has started quite abit with all the injuries).
or

Maynor
Harden
Cook
Collison
Nazr

Your honestly going to say you feel more comfortable with OKC's bench through out a 7 game series?. If that's the case than you might as well go ahead and call the sweep because you've already got the 2 best players by far in the series and now you have the best bench. Why is Denver even going to keep a game close?

What happened throughout the season is irrelevant. You're not playing anyone else. Maybe OKC's bench isn't the best in the league, but if two games in the same week are any indication, they at least match up very well against Denver's bench. Considering they outplayed Denver's bench pretty drastically a couple of weeks ago, yes I'm very comfortable with them in a 7-game series. Without them, OKC likely loses both of those games to Denver.
OKCThunderUP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: