Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-18-2011, 12:31 AM   #541
juju151111
Very good NBA starter

juju151111 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Thunder vs Nuggets preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
He isn't on Rose's level.. Rose has moves man.. Speed stops on a dime uses footwork and turns and throws up a floater over some bigs... That is great stuff right there..
I never said he was, I said Westbrook has been clutch in gms this season.
juju151111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:33 AM   #542
crounsa810
National High School Star

crounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected poster

This is why my love of the NBA has basically disappeared the past few years. Every game is about the refs making shitty calls and not allowing the teams to just play and get upset when they make bullshit calls. "Oh you called me out on a bad call? Technical. Oh you wanna be mad about that? Goodbye!"

These refs need to be fired. But seriously, how bad is it when you're Stern, and people are watching your league, and the first thought on about 90% of people's minds are "Fixed. Fixed. Bet Stern called that in. Fixed"

NBA=WWE
crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:38 AM   #543
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by crounsa810
This is why my love of the NBA has basically disappeared the past few years. Every game is about the refs making shitty calls and not allowing the teams to just play and get upset when they make bullshit calls. "Oh you called me out on a bad call? Technical. Oh you wanna be mad about that? Goodbye!"

These refs need to be fired. But seriously, how bad is it when you're Stern, and people are watching your league, and the first thought on about 90% of people's minds are "Fixed. Fixed. Bet Stern called that in. Fixed"

NBA=WWE
Sadly this is slowly how I'm becoming. Even when LeBron was in Cleveland I felt he got a ton of bullshit calls. The amount of touch fouls that are called these days are ridiculous. I miss the 90s.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:41 AM   #544
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Pretty sure I'm stating the obvious that if the refs would've got that goal tending call right, the game would've gone to quintuple OT.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:53 AM   #545
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Cowboy Thunder has not been impressing people

Thunder Up!!!
Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:47 AM   #546
O_City_Thunder
THUNDER UP!

O_City_Thunder has decent reputationO_City_Thunder has decent reputation

Man, I just got back from the game and I'm still feeling it. The atmosphere was crazy. I'm not gonna say our fans are the best, but I think we are at least in the top 10. I had an incredible time. THUNDER UP!!!
O_City_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:18 AM   #547
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_City_Thunder
Man, I just got back from the game and I'm still feeling it. The atmosphere was crazy. I'm not gonna say our fans are the best, but I think we are at least in the top 10. I had an incredible time. THUNDER UP!!!
I think our fans are TOO excited. I wish kats would sit the **** down. It's like every time something remotely exciting happens everyone stands up, so if you want to see you have to stand up, then we don't sit down until Russ turns the ball over again or Denver scores. Then KD gets a break and throw an outlet to Russ and everybody stands up again because they think something is about to happen and Russ just pulls it back out, but we're still standing up.

Plus I was made I was on the jumbotron screen like 100x. I was in the 4th row next to this female fan who had on a huge fairy dress and heels and was extra into it, standing on chairs and shit and so the cameramen were always over there filming all superclose to her and our face and I'm like "dude, go somewhere."

If you saw the big fat superhero FT distractor dude with the coconut bra and wrestling mask on, I was on that side.

Oh yea, out in Thunder alley I was watching the Boston game on the big screen, then I turned around and realized KD's mom and dad were right next to me. She had on heels but she's still a legit 6'3.
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:25 AM   #548
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this board

Great game, and I don't have a huge problem with the result.

I felt like the Nuggets played very good ball, and I think we can take the Thunder.. Durant and Westbrook had major games and we could have easily won this game.. It will be tough, but I think we can do it

And to everyone that said that Perk would shut down Nene... HA

Last edited by kurple : 04-18-2011 at 06:28 AM.
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:27 AM   #549
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this board

kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #550
ThunderKat
High School JV MVP

ThunderKat has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple

I felt like the Nuggets played very good ball, and I think we can take the Thunder.. Durant and Westbrook had major games and we could have easily won this game.. It will be tough, but I think we can do it

Denver played a great game. Denver couldn't miss a shot at first, but they started missing FT's the further the game went on. Trust me, I'm very aware that Denver is a dangerous team that has a super deep bench. I think this is going to be a great series.

Last edited by ThunderKat : 04-18-2011 at 08:09 AM.
ThunderKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:10 AM   #551
ThunderKat
High School JV MVP

ThunderKat has an OK reputation so far

Oh.. Purple Chuck, I thought Durant sucked in playoff games.
ThunderKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:18 AM   #552
PBJ_Time
Blue Alliance OKC Capt

PBJ_Time has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
I think our fans are TOO excited. I wish kats would sit the **** down. It's like every time something remotely exciting happens everyone stands up, so if you want to see you have to stand up, then we don't sit down until Russ turns the ball over again or Denver scores. Then KD gets a break and throw an outlet to Russ and everybody stands up again because they think something is about to happen and Russ just pulls it back out, but we're still standing up.

Plus I was made I was on the jumbotron screen like 100x. I was in the 4th row next to this female fan who had on a huge fairy dress and heels and was extra into it, standing on chairs and shit and so the cameramen were always over there filming all superclose to her and our face and I'm like "dude, go somewhere."

If you saw the big fat superhero FT distractor dude with the coconut bra and wrestling mask on, I was on that side.

Oh yea, out in Thunder alley I was watching the Boston game on the big screen, then I turned around and realized KD's mom and dad were right next to me. She had on heels but she's still a legit 6'3.

HAHA, I know who you are talking about and yeah, they were on the big screen several times. I also hate that the dude that was in front of my wanted to stand most of the game. He also passed a bunch of gas, which sucked. To top it off, somebody ripped off the shirt on my seat during half time. Other than that, good times.
PBJ_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #553
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple

i think the best thing that came out of that game is you are seeing who is a keeper and who is not, and the players it's better for you to keep, shined more.

Lawson>Felton
Gallo>Chandler
Nene>all (Seriously wtf. If he wasn't injury prone sometime id say give him whatever he asked. SICK performance.)

JR Smith is the only one who would worry me. He makes one fantastic play, one stupid ass play almost on cue.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #554
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Nuggets own stupidity down the stretch is what hurt them. Kenyon long range jumper. Felton stupid shot after stupid shot. Sucks.

Can't believe they allowed that bucket tho. Just boggles my mind how the refs would allow something so blatant and obviously in favor of the Thunder. Makes you wonder. It was clear as day, had about 10 players pointing at the rim. I get you can't review it but it shouldn't need to reviewed, if anything they could have called a few seconds late. Just makes zero sense to allow that.

I'd understand if it was an offensive foul, defensive 3 seconds. Anything that was ARGUABLE but offensive interference? That shit get's called with ease in rec leagues let alone the f*cking NBA.
Pierce and Melo killing each other, Pierce holding him, Melo pushes off, THEN the refs call foul. After letting them both fight for 15 seconds they decide Melo fouled him. ****ed up our whole game.

You are suprised refs missed the call? How many calls did they get right? In the first quater when OKC was getting blitzed by Denver they got EVERY call. When OKC came back and Denver's defense went to total shit they were getting loose ball fouls all over. (Remember the sequence with loose ball foul, denver missed two free throws, they gave them ANOTHER loose ball foul, missed two free throws, and then they gave you ANOTHER foul. WTF...)

Then they **** up that call at the end of the game. As fantastic as that game was, and as much as i don't think the referees decided it (i though Felton launching a 50 ft 3 instead of handing off to Gallo on his left was bad) the refereeing was HORRENDOUS.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #555
OKCThunderUP
Thank you Based Presti

OKCThunderUP is considered somewhat coolOKCThunderUP is considered somewhat cool

I understand Nuggets fans are upset about the no-call on Perkins tipping the ball in but you can't sit here and cry about ONE call ruining the game. For one, Denver was getting a shit load of calls against OKC for an absurd number of loose ball fouls and other nonsense. And your team had FIVE straight opportunities to score and didn't take advantage of a single one of them. Oh and the team shot what, 50% on FTs for the night? The no-call sucks but Denver's execution (or lack thereof) down the stretch is what killed them, not the officiating.

That being said, this is going to be a great series.
OKCThunderUP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: