Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #556
GoldNugg21
Good High School Starter

GoldNugg21 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Thunder vs Nuggets preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
I understand Nuggets fans are upset about the no-call on Perkins tipping the ball in but you can't sit here and cry about ONE call ruining the game. For one, Denver was getting a shit load of calls against OKC for an absurd number of loose ball fouls and other nonsense. And your team had FIVE straight opportunities to score and didn't take advantage of a single one of them. Oh and the team shot what, 50% on FTs for the night? The no-call sucks but Denver's execution (or lack thereof) down the stretch is what killed them, not the officiating.

That being said, this is going to be a great series.

Ironically, I'm fairly certain that's what almost every Nuggets fan in here said. I didn't see the game myself, but I imagine you're right. Still a terrible no call- for anyone who questions it, watch the espn recap.
GoldNugg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:32 PM   #557
liquidrage
Banned

liquidrage has decent reputationliquidrage has decent reputation

A few ways to look at this one:

From a Denver perspective:

Nene was unstoppable. It took Westbrook and Durant going off and a bad call to lose this one. Should be somewhat confident going forward.

From an OKC perspective:

Not likely Denver will hit, basically, their first 20 shots again. They were contested and still went in. Harden and Ibaka missed a ton of open looks they usually knock down and that won't likely happen again.

I think OKC played a crap game except for Durant and Westbrook (most of the game), Denver played a near perfect game for about 90% of the game, and still didn't get the W. Still think OKC wins the series in 5 or 6.
liquidrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #558
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bullshit no-call basically takes the game, worst way to see it end. I am not a Nuggets fan or anything but they got robbed.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:24 PM   #559
ChandlerParsons
38th pick to Rockets!!

ChandlerParsons has an OK reputation so far

I wanted Denver to win too. Oh well. Maybe Portland will win their next game.
ChandlerParsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #560
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I understand Nuggets fans are upset about the no-call on Perkins tipping the ball in but you can't sit here and cry about ONE call ruining the game. For one, Denver was getting a shit load of calls against OKC for an absurd number of loose ball fouls and other nonsense. And your team had FIVE straight opportunities to score and didn't take advantage of a single one of them. Oh and the team shot what, 50% on FTs for the night? The no-call sucks but Denver's execution (or lack thereof) down the stretch is what killed them, not the officiating.

That being said, this is going to be a great series.

I agree this call alone didn't seal the game exactly. However that call could have changed OKC being up 1 to Denver being up 3-4 points. That's HUGE. That changes the outcome of the game entirely.

Does Denver still lose? Could still happen easily. However I'd rather lose that way than lose because of something so obvious in favor of the Thunder.

Ruined a GREAT game and great performances by Durant\Russel. Pretty sure Westbrook got 2 points for that
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #561
OKCThunderUP
Thank you Based Presti

OKCThunderUP is considered somewhat coolOKCThunderUP is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I agree this call alone didn't seal the game exactly. However that call could have changed OKC being up 1 to Denver being up 3-4 points. That's HUGE. That changes the outcome of the game entirely.

:

I can agree with that. Not only because it put them up one but the momentum it gave OKC and the fans.
OKCThunderUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #562
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I can agree with that. Not only because it put them up one but the momentum it gave OKC and the fans.

I'm just happy Felton was an idiot and Gallo had that turnover and Denver's play down the stretch offensively wasn't any good. You could blame it on the momentum switching but that's far too subjective. If Denver played great down the stretch and OKC matched it, and the only thing that seperated them was that one bucket It would have ruined the series for me. Atleast this way you can look beyond that awful call(that did change the game) and look at Denver's late game execution.

Ball needs to be with Lawson and not Felton imo. Lawson probably would have got something for Nene where as Felton kinda forced those 2 shots for himself.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:14 PM   #563
OKCThunderUP
Thank you Based Presti

OKCThunderUP is considered somewhat coolOKCThunderUP is considered somewhat cool

Yep, 6 straight empty possession for Denver is not how you close a playoff game and this is the problem some have been pointing out prior to the playoffs starting: Who takes the team on his back in crunch time?
OKCThunderUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:14 PM   #564
Ghostfacethrill
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Ghostfacethrill has an OK reputation so far

there should be an asterisk next to this zombie sonic win.
Ghostfacethrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #565
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27FyFHWpCCI

video sucked because my phone was dying so it slows down the shutter speed and turns flash off
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:44 AM   #566
garubu
Kids at the park dunk on me

garubu has an OK reputation so far

Hey 50inchvertical since you were at the game, i have a question for you. Does the Thunder have a fight song? After that game last night i had a dream where i was at the Thunder vs Nugget game. after it ended with the thunder winning, all these thunder fans starting singing some Thunder fight song. I didn't remember the lyrics much something about thunder up nugget down we are the champs hand us the crown. It was a stupid dream, but im curious do you guys have a fight song?lol
garubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:26 AM   #567
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

No not an official one. There used to be some Thunder themed raps but they were all crap so now DJ Boom just plays whatever. Sometimes, well a lot of the time, they come out to to TI "Bring'em Out" when they are coming out of the tunnel and bring introduced; a lot of Lil Wayne and DJ Khaled radio edits. KD and James Harden have a crapass rapper named Privaledge they are always hyping up who made a Thunder rap and they played it like 2wice then scrapped it Besides being garbage, like most rappers, he just couldn't stay on topic without the swearing, drug and sex references.

But short answer, no there is no fight song.

Pregame prayer, national anthem, road team intro, home team intro, basketball
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: