Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-15-2011, 01:49 AM   #46
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Thunder vs Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
What happened throughout the season is irrelevant. You're not playing anyone else. Maybe OKC's bench isn't the best in the league, but if two games in the same week are any indication, they at least match up very well against Denver's bench. Considering they outplayed Denver's bench pretty drastically a couple of weeks ago, yes I'm very comfortable with them in a 7-game series. Without them, OKC likely loses both of those games to Denver.

How is it irrelevant? So were suppose to base everything on these two teams based on two games in one week? Ok. So if Gallo matches Durant in the first game would it be fair for me to assume till the next game that Gallo = Durant? Hypothetical of course.

Whatever doesn't much matter. Never said OKC bench couldn't hang. Just said Denver had the better bench and I'd trust that over a 7 game series. Just like I'd trust the better team to win most of the time, much like I predicted OKC in 6.

OKC with the two best players on the floor and the comparable\better bench. Denver's only advantage coming into this thing was there depth\bench so guess were looking at a SWEEP!
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:51 AM   #47
OKCThunderUP
Thank you Based Presti

OKCThunderUP is considered somewhat coolOKCThunderUP is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
How is it irrelevant? So were suppose to base everything on these two teams based on two games in one week? Ok. So if Gallo matches Durant in the first game would it be fair for me to assume till the next game that Gallo = Durant? Hypothetical of course.

One game isn't a trend. Two may not be either but it's a good indication of where things may be going.

Quote:
Whatever doesn't much matter. Never said OKC bench couldn't hang. Just said Denver had the better bench and I'd trust that over a 7 game series. Just like I'd trust the better team to win most of the time, much like I predicted OKC in 6.

I wasn't necessarily saying they weren't better. Maybe they are better but they don't match up well against OKC? I'm not trying to discredit your bench because Denver is deep as a team but in both of those matchups, Maynor and Harden absolutely killed your bench.
OKCThunderUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:53 AM   #48
jawkam
I airball my layups

jawkam has an OK reputation so far

Very exciting match-up. Must catch a game or two!
jawkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:49 AM   #49
bstickq1
I brick open layups

bstickq1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
One game isn't a trend. Two may not be either but it's a good indication of where things may be going.

I wasn't necessarily saying they weren't better. Maybe they are better but they don't match up well against OKC? I'm not trying to discredit your bench because Denver is deep as a team but in both of those matchups, Maynor and Harden absolutely killed your bench.
Don't forget that Afflalo was out for those two games, and he should be playing Sunday.
bstickq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:21 AM   #50
D-nugz
Kids at the park dunk on me

D-nugz has an OK reputation so far

Denver in 6...
We will make it to the finals and shock the world !!!

OKC will choke..

hell yeah !!!

D-nugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:19 AM   #51
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

I'll bet the hooker I mutilated last week that the Knuggicks win game 8.
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:28 AM   #52
PBJ_Time
Blue Alliance OKC Capt

PBJ_Time has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
314L My season ticket is 102QQ so I'm good. However, 100$ while it might seem outrageous is actually far less than what people are asking on these tickets sites and CL. I bought these off ebay for this price, just wanna break even
No, that's a fair price man. They are going for more than that. I may get them from you if you haven't sold them by tomorrow. We have 6 season tickets split between family members. I'm sure I'll get a ticket or two, but I don't know to what games yet, so I'm trying to find out. If I don't get one for Sunday, I'll hit you up for yours if you haven't sold them yet.
PBJ_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #53
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

George Karl is a little ***** btw. Heard him and every two seconds he dropped a subliminal at Anthony. Nice guy, must be great to play for. (And don't think it's just Anthony, he called Ray Allen a barbie doll once, etc. He just got a big mouth). I get it the week after but now? Still? Right before your playoff series?

And for everyone saying how great the Denver system is, no team without an all-star has ever won a title, and no team in the last 30 years outside of the 2004 pistons without a grade A superstar has won a title, and those pistons had 2 future HOF caliber players in Chauncey and Rasheed.

I'll take Durant/Westbrook over greatness by committee.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:33 AM   #54
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ_Time
No, that's a fair price man. They are going for more than that. I may get them from you if you haven't sold them by tomorrow. We have 6 season tickets split between family members. I'm sure I'll get a ticket or two, but I don't know to what games yet, so I'm trying to find out. If I don't get one for Sunday, I'll hit you up for yours if you haven't sold them yet.
Hit me up. There's 1 on the Thunder ticketexchange right now 313L for 33 (about 45 after ticketmaster rapes you with random fees). I'm thinking about grabbing it because I anticipate cashing in big on my 102QQ, selling the pair I mentioned, and still needing a ticket for myself. I might risk it though and wait til gametime and try to catch one of the scalpers outside or last minute change of plan type guys.

Even if I don't get a ticket, for the playoff they do the "Thunder Alley" thing where they put the big screen up on the Cox Convention Center next door, have $1 longnecks, and all types of games and things including the pregame/postgame going on right outside the arena so that's still always fun.

NM on that 313L, just went ahead and jumped on it. But the game on Sunday is at 8:30 which kind of sucks for people like me who have a long frive also to get there because you figure we won't be getting out until about 11:00-11:15, then I got another 1.5hrs or so before I get home, even longer though because I always stop at Chikasha Wal Mart and get groceries then go to Dairy Queen and get a peanut buster parfait

Last edited by 50inchvertical : 04-15-2011 at 10:37 AM.
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #55
kurple
NBA All-star

kurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation here

Niko: What did he say?

And i can't believe people are trying to even argue that the Thunder bench is better than the Nuggets
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #56
kurple
NBA All-star

kurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
And for everyone saying how great the Denver system is, no team without an all-star has ever won a title
Why even say this? NO ONE is seriously thinking the Nuggets even have a shot at the championship (other than Hollinger)

How many teams have won without defense? And Knicks fans actually believe they have a shot at a championship
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #57
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Homer prediction (4-0)
Realistic prediction (4-2)
Nuggetz have a very good team, they gotta be the deepest team 1-12 wise, but they lack a star or two to carry them through a series. We got a Superstar and a borderline superstar to go with a sweet presence in the paint via Perkins, Ibaka and Nazr. Our 6th man has been playing fantastic since the trade which makes the scale go down to OKC's side even more.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #58
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
Why even say this? NO ONE is seriously thinking the Nuggets even have a shot at the championship (other than Hollinger)

How many teams have won without defense? And Knicks fans actually believe they have a shot at a championship
Nope, i don't think that either. There are as many people saying Denver will win this year as NY will win btw. So if you want to say everyone is delusional, i'm in.

George Karl said this new team is better because the new players are more proffesional, because they work harder, because they listen to him, etc. Basically everything he said implied the team before did not. He was being asked what makes this team special and every answer was a veiled shot at the last team. It was uncalled for. Denver fans i'm sure won't care as much (nor should you) because Melo wanted out, so why care. BUT there were so many subliminals - i didn't get it.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #59
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

He has always been like that though, beefs and defers blame to players after they leave. He's not as bad as Larry Brown in that regard, but it's a pattern of his.
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #60
alanLA92
No More Bandwagoners

alanLA92 has decent reputation

Thunder in 6. This will be a fun series but Denver is missing that scorer down the stretch that can do it on a nightly basis. But then again I could be wrong this is one of those 50/50 playoff series.
alanLA92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: