Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #61
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs Round 1: Thunder vs Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDthunderup
Obviously that didnt help them when they were playing us.

obviously that wasnt our full bench.
NugzFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #62
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
One game isn't a trend. Two may not be either but it's a good indication of where things may be going.

one isnt enough but two is?

how about 1.5?

Quote:
I wasn't necessarily saying they weren't better. Maybe they are better but they don't match up well against OKC? I'm not trying to discredit your bench because Denver is deep as a team but in both of those matchups, Maynor and Harden absolutely killed your bench.

here you go again. you always backtrack. now you arent saying okc;s bench is better?
Old 04-15-2011, 01:59 PM   #63
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko

And for everyone saying how great the Denver system is, no team without an all-star has ever won a title, and no team in the last 30 years outside of the 2004 pistons without a grade A superstar has won a title, and those pistons had 2 future HOF caliber players in Chauncey and Rasheed.

I'll take Durant/Westbrook over greatness by committee.

oh wow...what a new post from you. youve never posted this before. its not like you havent said the exact same thing 1000000 times already.

i bet you have it copied and ready to paste into every denver thread. convenient!
Old 04-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #64
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
Why even say this? NO ONE is seriously thinking the Nuggets even have a shot at the championship (other than Hollinger)

How many teams have won without defense? And Knicks fans actually believe they have a shot at a championship

its niko man...nothing he says about denver has any credibility. he lost that a long time ago.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #65
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Nope, i don't think that either. There are as many people saying Denver will win this year as NY will win btw. So if you want to say everyone is delusional, i'm in.

George Karl said this new team is better because the new players are more proffesional, because they work harder, because they listen to him, etc. Basically everything he said implied the team before did not. He was being asked what makes this team special and every answer was a veiled shot at the last team. It was uncalled for. Denver fans i'm sure won't care as much (nor should you) because Melo wanted out, so why care. BUT there were so many subliminals - i didn't get it.

is the issue that hes brining this stuff up now (months after the trade)? because it is true.

he shouldnt have said it (i agree) but he isnt lying about it.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #66
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

I just bought a 4th row ticket for game 1 for 150$ Not bad at all for a playoff game. Now I just have to get rid of the 4 other tickets I have for this game.
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #67
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Cowboy Thunder has not been impressing people

50inch, would you guess that game 1 would be the cheapest?

Sounds like you've seen some cheap tix. I'd like to make one of the games this first series for $40 per seat or less. Think I'll have a shot?
Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #68
H.A.M.
Thunder U

H.A.M. has an OK reputation so far

Okccccccccccccccc
H.A.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #69
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

Why would someone say Denver win in 7?
I'm picking OKC, they got the 2 best players in this series, and homecourt.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:11 PM   #70
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Thunder
50inch, would you guess that game 1 would be the cheapest?

Sounds like you've seen some cheap tix. I'd like to make one of the games this first series for $40 per seat or less. Think I'll have a shot?
It's because it's closer, come Tuesday you should see game 2 coming down. I can give you this 313L single I bought for 42. That's face value of what I got it for off the exchange (33$ + fees). Like I said, bought the 120DD so don't need it anymore. I also have it listed on stubhub instant download so you can buy it that way if you don't trust me.

It's a risk but the closer to game time, the more likyl sometimes to find a steal from someone who just has to put aside their hopes of a big profit and take breaking even or whatever they can get on top of that for it.

Hell, I'd say just go to the game with no ticket and see what you catch outside. Even if you don't get one, they're doing Thunder Alley so you'll have plenty to do with the huge screen on the Cox Convention Center televising the game, $1 beer, BWW out there, Thunder Girls, games, ESPN RV for the games they're doing, all types of stuff going on and they're even shooting the pre and post games live for FSOK there with Brian Davis.
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #71
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Nope, i don't think that either. There are as many people saying Denver will win this year as NY will win btw. So if you want to say everyone is delusional, i'm in.

George Karl said this new team is better because the new players are more proffesional, because they work harder, because they listen to him, etc. Basically everything he said implied the team before did not. He was being asked what makes this team special and every answer was a veiled shot at the last team. It was uncalled for. Denver fans i'm sure won't care as much (nor should you) because Melo wanted out, so why care. BUT there were so many subliminals - i didn't get it.

As stupid as it might sound I think he does it to pump the team up. Ty Lawson had comments as well as Nene about how the ball moves now. Think Karl and co wants everyone to have a chip on there shoulder about Melo wanting out and now playing without an All-Star kinda thing. Atleast that's what I got from it.

Still wrong and a dick move. Not sure why players\coaches should be upset. Melo helped us get 4 players back from NY and we haven't skipped a beat and got better so nobody should be upset.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #72
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

Can't wait for this series it's going to be dare I say it ..... The Bomb
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #73
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugzFan
is the issue that hes brining this stuff up now (months after the trade)? because it is true.

he shouldnt have said it (i agree) but he isnt lying about it.
Its the bringing it up AGAIN. He said like 10 subliminals against ANthony when i heard him talking and not one question was even leading him for it. True or not, he came off as a dick.

as far as me being right or wrong, we'll know soon, no? Team with 2 stars vs. Team with no stars. Kurple is ready to give me my second straight month of avi hell.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:56 PM   #74
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Its the bringing it up AGAIN. He said like 10 subliminals against ANthony when i heard him talking and not one question was even leading him for it. True or not, he came off as a dick.

fair enough.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:42 AM   #75
O_City_Thunder
THUNDER UP!

O_City_Thunder has decent reputationO_City_Thunder has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
I just bought a 4th row ticket for game 1 for 150$ Not bad at all for a playoff game. Now I just have to get rid of the 4 other tickets I have for this game.
I have like 3 tickets I need to get rid of now. I bought 2 tickets off the exchange that I think I'm gonna use now in 120KK, but I'm still debating because the other 3 tickets I have are in 327H and I actually like sitting up there. I posted them on CL to see if anyone would bite, otherwise I'll just take them to the arena....I'm sure somebody will be looking for some after their name doesn't get drawn...lol
O_City_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: