Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #1546
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Malcolm
Have you read the books?

The beauty of Littlefingers character is that you never know his true allegiance (until the latest books). Implementing a scene like that which marks clearly which side Littlefinger is NOT fighting for sort of upsets what is so cool about his book representation.

Not a nitpick. It was a badass scene, but cheapens his character a little bit.

*note to self*

Self? Dont ever question those who actually read the books. Just stfu and enjoy the tv series and miss out on a more in depth story within the books. Poof be gone.

How many books are there? And are they ongoing as we speak?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #1547
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Im starting to really like King Joffrey.
That kid plays the character perfectly
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #1548
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
*note to self*

Self? Dont ever question those who actually read the books. Just stfu and enjoy the tv series and miss out on a more in depth story within the books. Poof be gone.

How many books are there? And are they ongoing as we speak?
5 and at least 2 more to come
Old 04-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #1549
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Im starting to really like King Joffrey.

Why? He's an asshole who gets owned by his mama and the pIMP.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #1550
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

What was the point of them slaughtering babies?
Old 04-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #1551
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Malcolm
Very entertaining first episode. Love the casting for Davos, Stannis, and Melisandre. Enjoyed pretty much everything. But the one scene I don't recall from the books is where Littlefinger and Cersei have their little confrontation in the hallway. Definitely liked the scene, but I'm not sure it jives with the books.
Last season they tried to present a more sympathetic and savvy Cersei than the books so she would not look like an evil bitch from a fairy tale, now they are making her look like an idiotic child with no vision. Cersei is a fairy tale bitch who is immature and selfish and is prone to make idiotic mistakes but fact of the matter is that she is also a smart tactician. She never misses an opportunity and is good at making opportunities out of threats which is the good thing about ASOIAF as the characters are flawed just like everyone while possessing unique and strong suits of their own.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #1552
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Cersei is tracking down all the bastards of Robert to tie any loose ends that could be used to prove her children are not Robert's. In the books they don't go around killin kids and infant though, they just search for them and it is not clear what they do to them.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #1553
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Cersei is getting rid of all of Robert's bastards, except Gendry who is heading for the Wall with Arya.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #1554
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Cersei is tracking down all the bastards of Robert to tie any loose ends that could be used to prove her children are not Robert's. In the books they don't go around killin kids and infant though, they just search for them and it is not clear what they do to them.

But one of them was a newborn baby. Has the Kings death been atleast 9 months? I dont know the time period. Maybe it was possible he knocked up someone before he died. Thats the only thing that threw me off. I can understand the kids that may have been a result of the Kings peter. Thats one of the reasons that dude with the crazy helmet is being sought after.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #1555
I.Malcolm
Serious playground baller

I.Malcolm has decent reputationI.Malcolm has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Last season they tried to present a more sympathetic and savvy Cersei than the books so she would not look like an evil bitch from a fairy tale, now they are making her look like an idiotic child with no vision. Cersei is a fairy tale bitch who is immature and selfish and is prone to make idiotic mistakes but fact of the matter is that she is also a smart tactician. She never misses an opportunity and is good at making opportunities out of threats which is the good thing about ASOIAF as the characters are flawed just like everyone while possessing unique and strong suits of their own.
She's also feircely loyal to her children. Spoilers up to book 4:

Which is why I'm surprised they are planting the seed of her doubt of Joffrey so early in the season. I'm definitely down with it but I don't think she started to realize Joffreys insanity until closer to his death scene.

Anyway, definitely glad the show is back on the air. After I saw the first season I read all of the books.
I.Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #1556
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I'm a little lost with the northeners. The sicko f*cko who bones his daughters made mention how the North is banding together to make a push down South. Which means war. I get that. What I dont get is who makes up the North and will we see much of them this season? My guess is those weird things (guys going around decapitating people) are one group, the rest are pretty much outlaws from the South. People that want to be free, rebellious and not under any rules. Oukasts. Am I right? Just uncertain what kind of structure they have to know who is the leader and so forth. Is this just a collection of flunkies that are large in number vs the South?
Old 04-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #1557
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
But one of them was a newborn baby. Has the Kings death been atleast 9 months? I dont know the time period. Maybe it was possible he knocked up someone before he died. Thats the only thing that threw me off. I can understand the kids that may have been a result of the Kings peter. Thats one of the reasons that dude with the crazy helmet is being sought after.

He has lots of bastards of varying ages. One being an infant isn't unlikely for his amount of whoring around.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #1558
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
I'm a little lost with the northeners. The sicko f*cko who bones his daughters made mention how the North is banding together to make a push down South. Which means war. I get that. What I dont get is who makes up the North and will we see much of them this season? My guess is those weird things (guys going around decapitating people) are one group, the rest are pretty much outlaws from the South. People that want to be free, rebellious and not under any rules. Oukasts. Am I right? Just uncertain what kind of structure they have to know who is the leader and so forth. Is this just a collection of flunkies that are large in number vs the South?
Yes, there are people from south of the wall (and some from the wall itself (oath breakers)) called wildlings. Asha, the chick hanging with Bran is one of them that is escaping south. Mance Rayder, a former Nights Watch is gathering up all the wildlings (no small feat) to attack the wall to get away from the others/wights and winter in general.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #1559
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Yes, there are people from south of the wall (and some from the wall itself (oath breakers)) called wildlings. Asha, the chick hanging with Bran is one of them that is escaping south. Mance Rayder, a former Nights Watch is gathering up all the wildlings (no small feat) to attack the wall to get away from the others/wights and winter in general.

So we havent met this guy yet.

I was confusing him with the guy who went missing. Think he was Snow's uncle.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #1560
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
2 reasons.

1. the babies are a threat to joffrey's claim to the throne since they are robert's bastards. and

2. the babies all look like robert (dark hair) joffrey doesn't. the babies are further evidence that joffrey isn't robert's son.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: