Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #1561
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

That makes sense, I errored in thinking season two a signicant time gap passed which is why I'm like how could he had knocked someone up if he died a long time ago. But not that much time passed and its definately possible he knocked up chicks prior to his death.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #1562
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I'm a little lost with the northeners. The sicko f*cko who bones his daughters made mention how the North is banding together to make a push down South. Which means war. I get that. What I dont get is who makes up the North and will we see much of them this season? My guess is those weird things (guys going around decapitating people) are one group, the rest are pretty much outlaws from the South. People that want to be free, rebellious and not under any rules. Oukasts. Am I right? Just uncertain what kind of structure they have to know who is the leader and so forth. Is this just a collection of flunkies that are large in number vs the South?

the people north of the wall are not part of the kingdom. they are called wildlings and are hated by everyone south of the wall. the wildlings consider themselves free people and dont follow the king's law, they are always raiding the lands south of the wall for women, weapons, and supplies. they were traditionally just a bunch of random tribes that fought amongst themselves as much as they did the south, but Mance (a former night'swatch) has managed to band them all together under his leadership which makes them much more dangerous and organized now. even though they have combined, the leadership structure is still loose though, not as organized as it is in the south. the wildlings joined forces out of a necessity that will be revealed later this season.

wall is kind of analogous to hadrian's wall in britain or the great wall of china.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #1563
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

the people north of the wall are not part of the kingdom. they are called wildlings and are hated by everyone south of the wall. the wildlings consider themselves free people and dont follow the king's law, they are always raiding the lands south of the wall for women, weapons, and supplies. they were traditionally just a bunch of random tribes that fought amongst themselves as much as they did the south, but Mance (a former night'swatch) has managed to band them all together under his leadership which makes them much more dangerous and organized now. even though they have combined, the leadership structure is still loose though, not as organized as it is in the south. the wildlings joined forces out of a necessity that will be revealed later this season.

wall is kind of analogous to hadrian's wall in britain or the great wall of china.

That's a really good map. Simple and clean. The various regions cut up by color with the applicable sigil on them. Prominent landmarks on there but not so much that you can't read them.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #1564
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
The beauty of Littlefingers character is that you never know his true allegiance (until the latest books). Implementing a scene like that which marks clearly which side Littlefinger is NOT fighting for sort of upsets what is so cool about his book representation.

Littlefinger? name is not bringing a face up in my head. pic please?

nevermind... its who I thought.

Last edited by heavensdevil : 04-02-2012 at 03:15 PM.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #1565
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
So we havent met this guy yet.

I was confusing him with the guy who went missing. Think he was Snow's uncle.

Benjen Stark is the ranger of the Night's Watch who went missing. Mance Rayder hasn't been formally introduced in the story but that doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't been seen yet.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #1566
I.Malcolm
Serious playground baller

I.Malcolm has decent reputationI.Malcolm has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavensdevil
Littlefinger? name is not bringing a face up in my head. pic please?

nevermind... its who I thought.
Yeah, I was gonna call him Petyr but figured Littlefinger is more known. He's my favorite character, not in terms of being good/bad, but just really interesting.

Robb was a badass last night.
I.Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #1567
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Benjen Stark is the ranger of the Night's Watch who went missing. Mance Rayder hasn't been formally introduced in the story but that doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't been seen yet.

I think I mentioned that a few hundred pages ago in this thread, and if they did what they may have done, I'd be flabbergasted.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #1568
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Mance Rayder is such an awesome character. He's just

I cant wait to see him in the show.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #1569
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

Ahhhhh thats who it was. Benjen Stark. I was thinkin he was Mance Rayder for some dumb reason (because I forgot his name was Benjen Stark lol). Thanks.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #1570
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Mance Rayder is not Benjen Stark.

A lot of people seem to think Coldhands (those who haven't read all the books won't know who this is) may be Benjen, who is still MIA, but nothing has been confirmed.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #1571
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Ahhhhh thats who it was. Benjen Stark. I was thinkin he was Mance Rayder for some dumb reason (because I forgot his name was Benjen Stark lol). Thanks.
Try reading the second book, just start with the prologue, after that you will know if you want to read the books or not. ACOK's prologue is among the best.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:48 PM   #1572
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Inside the Episode: The North Remembers
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #1573
Cangri
National High School Star

Cangri has not been impressing people

For those who read the books, did Brandon's dream of the him being a wolf and watching his reflection in the puddle of water means anything at all?? Or should i just wait for the next episode?
Cangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #1574
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cangri
For those who read the books, did Brandon's dream of the him being a wolf and watching his reflection in the puddle of water means anything at all?? Or should i just wait for the next episode?

Means a lot, big part of the plot of the second book regarding Bran. No spoilers from me though
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #1575
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Try reading the second book, just start with the prologue, after that you will know if you want to read the books or not. ACOK's prologue is among the best.

Yeah I think its about time I get into the books.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: