Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #1576
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yeah I think its about time I get into the books.
I got the first book couple of days ago.Pretty good so far even knowing whats gonna happen.I hope to finish it halfway through season 2 and then buy book 2.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #1577
Cangri
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Means a lot, big part of the plot of the second book regarding Bran. No spoilers from me though
Ok I appreciate that

It just seemed random and they didn't explained anything after that...guess i'll just wait for episode 2
Cangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #1578
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cangri
For those who read the books, did Brandon's dream of the him being a wolf and watching his reflection in the puddle of water means anything at all?? Or should i just wait for the next episode?
it is very significant. if you remember last season, bran had weird dreams back then too...i can give a few hints if you want, but don't wanna spoil it for others.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:10 AM   #1579
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yeah I think its about time I get into the books.
you really should. they are excellent.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #1580
"Jesus"
Short & Sweet

Almost done the first book, hopefully I could finish it before next week so I can get started on Clash of the Kings.

And apparently, episode 2 is already leaked?
"Jesus" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:05 AM   #1581
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Almost done the first book, hopefully I could finish it before next week so I can get started on Clash of the Kings.

yeah i just downloaded it. wont play on my nook android so i am converting it, might watch tomorrow.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:07 AM   #1582
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus

i thought that was an april fools joke
Old 04-03-2012, 03:12 AM   #1583
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

game of thrones turned me into

just a little bit more!!!
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #1584
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
For those who read the books, did Brandon's dream of the him being a wolf and watching his reflection in the puddle of water means anything at all?? Or should i just wait for the next episode?

Let's just say that his dreams are very vivid.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #1585
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

You can also note the amount of control Rob has over his direwolf, who looked appropriately large to me.

Finally watched it last night after a Sunday of finishing out all the season finales for the lesser shows that I watch.

I was pretty pleased. The Stannis, Davos, Melisandre group appears to be perfectly cast and perfect in tone for my head already.

It was a little by the numbers presentation wise the way they bounced around to each character of consequence, but that's probably to be expected from a season premier. Get everyone caught back up, reestablish the important story lines and catch everyone up with each of the characters.

I feel like it's gonna be really great this year. The best of the source material to use.

The kid playing Joffrey is maybe doing too good of a job, to the point where he'll never be able to play anything but a petulant sadist for the rest of his life. Maybe they'll remake all those Billy Zabka movies and he can just play that role in a decade. The world is probably ready for a remake of Just One of The Guys.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #1586
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
You can also note the amount of control Rob has over his direwolf, who looked appropriately large to me.

Finally watched it last night after a Sunday of finishing out all the season finales for the lesser shows that I watch.

I was pretty pleased. The Stannis, Davos, Melisandre group appears to be perfectly cast and perfect in tone for my head already.

It was a little by the numbers presentation wise the way they bounced around to each character of consequence, but that's probably to be expected from a season premier. Get everyone caught back up, reestablish the important story lines and catch everyone up with each of the characters.

I feel like it's gonna be really great this year. The best of the source material to use.

The kid playing Joffrey is maybe doing too good of a job, to the point where he'll never be able to play anything but a petulant sadist for the rest of his life. Maybe they'll remake all those Billy Zabka movies and he can just play that role in a decade. The world is probably ready for a remake of Just One of The Guys.

yep. in fact all of the kids have an exceptional connection to each of their wolves...it's almost like they are more then mere pets...
Old 04-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #1587
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
yep. in fact all of the kids have an exceptional connection to each of their wolves...it's almost like they are more then mere pets...
LMFAO!
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #1588
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=CrQsRSNqGLQ#!
Old 04-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #1589
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

Looks good!
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #1590
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

I just finished AFFC and apart from the white text below it was a hard read. I'm hoping it sets a good stage for ADWD.

Spoiler alert: Catelyn Stark rising from the dead to rule a band of outlaws and string up as many Freys and Lannisters as they can is pretty badass. I did feel sorry for Brienne and Podrick though.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: