Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #1606
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
Still moving too slow (didn't read the books), and they did a piss-poor job of casting and introducing this new "Stannis" character. So bland. You kill off your best actor and character and expect people to keep watching without replacing him? Come on now.

Hope this new leaked episode moves a little faster.

Stannis is kind of a slow and bland character but he builds up to be really interesting.

I still don't like the casting, but the guy is doing a pretty good job as Stannis. I had a different picture of him in my head when I read the books. The scene in the first episode where he is going over his letter, where he talks about never loving robert and making sure Sir Jaime Lannister the Kingslayer got his appropriate title was really good at showing you exactly who Stannis is.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #1607
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Stannis is kind of a slow and bland character but he builds up to be really interesting.

I still don't like the casting, but the guy is doing a pretty good job as Stannis. I had a different picture of him in my head when I read the books. The scene in the first episode where he is going over his letter, where he talks about never loving robert and making sure Sir Jaime Lannister the Kingslayer got his appropriate title was really good at showing you exactly who Stannis is.
Fair points.

Anyway, my new critique after having watched the leaked episode:

Still going too slow. Too long spent on John Snow's story. It should have been one episode to introduce the situation, and one to end it. I don't like the direction that is going. It should be finished, and they should be on to the goddamn zombies already.

Too much gratuitous "buzzwords." You know what I mean. Last season it was all incest! Buzzword. Necrophilia! Buzzword. Lesbian sex! Buzzword. Dwarves having sex! Old child nursing! Kind of annoying.

Thought they would tone it down this season, but nope. Guy ****ing his daughters! Buzzword. More incest! Greyjoy touches his sister's hoo-ha without knowing it's his sister! Incest!

Seriously, it looks like the guy who wrote the book (and the dude who is writing the adaptation for the screen) are middle aged fat men who have never had sex in their lives. It shows in everything that goes on in the story.

Also, it makes no sense that the Stark daughter doesn't just kill the new "King" in his sleep. She'd be able to escape knowing how many armies are building up to fight the dude. She needs to just do it.

Look, I want to like this show. I really do. My friend of almost 20 years is the guy who created the goddamn Dothraki language. But the show itself is just trying to be too edgy and it comes off as childish.

Also, Stannis is unattractive (says the wife) and having attractive males keeps female viewers.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #1608
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Fair points.

Still going too slow. Too long spent on John Snow's story. It should have been one episode to introduce the situation, and one to end it. I don't like the direction that is going. It should be finished, and they should be on to the goddamn zombies already.

Too much gratuitous "buzzwords." You know what I mean. Last season it was all incest! Buzzword. Necrophilia! Buzzword. Lesbian sex! Buzzword. Dwarves having sex! Old child nursing! Kind of annoying.

Thought they would tone it down this season, but nope. Guy ****ing his daughters! Buzzword. More incest! Greyjoy touches his sister's hoo-ha without knowing it's his sister! Incest!

Seriously, it looks like the guy who wrote the book (and the dude who is writing the adaptation for the screen) are middle aged fat men who have never had sex in their lives. It shows in everything that goes on in the story.

Also, it makes no sense that the Stark daughter doesn't just kill the new "King" in his sleep. She'd be able to escape knowing how many armies are building up to fight the dude. She needs to just do it.

Look, I want to like this show. I really do. My friend of almost 20 years is the guy who created the goddamn Dothraki language. But the show itself is just trying to be too edgy and it comes off as childish.

Also, Stannis is unattractive (says the wife) and having attractive males keeps female viewers.

Most of your these things you complain about happened in the book. I know there have been some minor changes and additions, but in general the show is staying true to the books.

I don't understand why they changed Asha Greyjoys name though.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #1609
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
Most of your these things you complain about happened in the book. I know there have been some minor changes and additions, but in general the show is staying true to the books.

I don't understand why they changed Asha Greyjoys name though.
Cause they thought people would confuse it with Osha, the wildling in service to Bran now, whose name has been uttered only once in the show so far
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #1610
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Cause they thought people would confuse it with Osha, the wildling in service to Bran now, whose name has been uttered only once in the show so far

That is true. And from what we've seen in the books so far, it won't be mentioned much more. Although she could pop back up later.

They also changed the name of Jon Arron's kid from Robert, to Robyn, because he was named after King Robert, same as Robb Stark, and they already had two Rob's to deal with, so making him Robyn they felt would help clear it up.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #1611
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

Geeez spoiler alerts every where right now.

This is my favorite series on TV since Lost.

WINTER IS COMING!!!

Sorry that all I have to add at the moment.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #1612
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Episode 2 is on torrent sites

Link?
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #1613
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
Link?
If you don't know how to search a torrent site, a link from here won't help you.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #1614
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Fair points.

Dude you don't have to love the series, nobody is forcing you here, and if you are looking for fast paced drama that is concluded at the end of the season you are gravely mistaken. I started reading the books 10 years ago and I'm still waiting on the last 2-3 books to be released while you have already lost all patience and demanding answers and conclusions at the beginning of the second season?
If you want to enjoy the show, just go with the flow and get in sync with the pace of the series, which is much more faster than the books, else you are due for more disappointment.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #1615
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Fair points.

lol this guy sounds so mad. All of what you described is in the books. Don't like it? Don't watch it.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #1616
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Dude you don't have to love the series, nobody is forcing you here, and if you are looking for fast paced drama that is concluded at the end of the season you are gravely mistaken. I started reading the books 10 years ago and I'm still waiting on the last 2-3 books to be released while you have already lost all patience and demanding answers and conclusions at the beginning of the second season?
If you want to enjoy the show, just go with the flow and get in sync with the pace of the series, which is much more faster than the books, else you are due for more disappointment.
I like some problems to be resolved. I like some over-arching storylines.

There is a happy medium that can be met.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #1617
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
That is true. And from what we've seen in the books so far, it won't be mentioned much more. Although she could pop back up later.

They also changed the name of Jon Arron's kid from Robert, to Robyn, because he was named after King Robert, same as Robb Stark, and they already had two Rob's to deal with, so making him Robyn they felt would help clear it up.
both asha and osha have supporting roles in later books.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #1618
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
both asha and osha have supporting roles in later books.

Osha does for sure, but Asha has been gone for a while.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #1619
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I like some problems to be resolved. I like some over-arching storylines.

There is a happy medium that can be met.
you wont like game of thrones then. most of the mysteries won't be answered any time soon. may as well enjoy the journey, because you won't reach the destination any time soon. if you are too impatient then you may wanna start a different show.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #1620
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Osha does for sure, but Asha has been gone for a while.
i'm not sure how far you have gotten with the books but she has reappeared.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: