Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #1651
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

yeah, renley was the guy i wasn't impressed with in the first season. they only barely established him as robert's brother, most of the interaction had to do with the politics of the kingdom, and the only claim he made was his spur of the moment "i could be king" to stark before he rode off. now he's suddenly got 100,000 men and could be an indispensable ally. there wasn't much fleshing out but i suppose his role later on might only be as a minor bidder on the throne. then again, what thorpe just said suggests he may be more important than that.

like most people i'm quite pleased with tyrion's outlook, and especially what'll happen with bronn as head of the guard. the lannister in-fighting is obviously going to be a focal point of the season... i'm just curious who daddyo will side with if things come to a head. i'm still not sure whether or not tyrion really means it when he says he cares about is his family more than anything. lol

agreed on stannis and his right hand man, they're doing a great job contrasting each of their apprehensions to different degrees with the enthusiasm for the claim and all this red haired witch mumbo jumbo which i hope (and at this point, expect) will turn into something unbelievably awesome.

the comet was also a nice touch last episode in transitioning between scenes.

i'm kind of wondering why they limited themselves to only ten episodes per season for such a giant project when so many others go as many as twelve or thirteen, but i guess there's no sense talking about that.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #1652
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
How so? I haven't seen it go away from what the book has done much at all so far. What do you mean?

From what I remember I know for sure Jon didn't see Craster offering his baby to the white walkers and Stannis wasn't outright boning Melisandra although it was implied. I'm also pretty sure that Rakho didn't get his head chopped off although I could be wrong about that. I know the Jon snow scene might outright change his story since there's no way that Mormont won't find out.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #1653
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
yeah, renley was the guy i wasn't impressed with in the first season. they only barely established him as robert's brother, most of the interaction had to do with the politics of the kingdom, and the only claim he made was his spur of the moment "i could be king" to stark before he rode off. now he's suddenly got 100,000 men and could be an indispensable ally. there wasn't much fleshing out but i suppose his role later on might only be as a minor bidder on the throne. then again, what thorpe just said suggests he may be more important than that.

like most people i'm quite pleased with tyrion's outlook, and especially what'll happen with bronn as head of the guard. the lannister in-fighting is obviously going to be a focal point of the season... i'm just curious who daddyo will side with if things come to a head. i'm still not sure whether or not tyrion really means it when he says he cares about is his family more than anything. lol

agreed on stannis and his right hand man, they're doing a great job contrasting each of their apprehensions to different degrees with the enthusiasm for the claim and all this red haired witch mumbo jumbo which i hope (and at this point, expect) will turn into something unbelievably awesome.

the comet was also a nice touch last episode in transitioning between scenes.

i'm kind of wondering why they limited themselves to only ten episodes per season for such a giant project when so many others go as many as twelve or thirteen, but i guess there's no sense talking about that.

I think the show better explained Renleys motives than the book did. And you'll see exactly how he got 100000 forces in his army when him and Stannis meet face to face. I think they did 10 episodes because the 2nd book is pretty slow until the last few chapters, else they'd risk dragging out the whole season. Looks like Daenarays may get the short end of the stick as far as storyline again. Seems like they'll trim the filler from the book and have more characters cross paths I don't expect things to really get moving until the 4th or 5th episode.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #1654
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
I think the show better explained Renleys motives than the book did. And you'll see exactly how he got 100000 forces in his army when him and Stannis meet face to face. I think they did 10 episodes because the 2nd book is pretty slow until the last few chapters, else they'd risk dragging out the whole season. Looks like Daenarays may get the short end of the stick as far as storyline again. Seems like they'll trim the filler from the book and have more characters cross paths I don't expect things to really get moving until the 4th or 5th episode.
"the knights of Summer"
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #1655
I.Malcolm
Serious playground baller

I.Malcolm has decent reputationI.Malcolm has decent reputation

Quote:
From what I remember I know for sure Jon didn't see Craster offering his baby to the white walkers and Stannis wasn't outright boning Melisandra although it was implied. I'm also pretty sure that Rakho didn't get his head chopped off although I could be wrong about that. I know the Jon snow scene might outright change his story since there's no way that Mormont won't find out.

Yup, I was bummed out by all of those changes. Rakho is a badass in the books and him getting killed off so early sucks. Didn't like that Jon saw Craster in the show because it HAS to change how the season plays out.. So I'm betting we're going to get a shortened adventure North of the wall rather than what all they went thru in the books.
I.Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #1656
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

I remember the Jon Snow following Craster with the son in the books but I remember Craster giving them to the wolves...not the others. (white text) If anything him getting caught will be a good transition for being sent with Qouhrin Halfhand...maybe the show will see it as a punishment.

As far as the Stannis and Melisandre thing...im 99% sure that did happen because...(white text **dont read if you dont want to know anything coming up in season 2* major spoiler*) Im pretty sure she used the pregnancy to give birth to the Shadow Assasins

Im pretty sure one of those 3 she sent out in the books died, but I dont think he was sent back, I think he just never came back from the red waste. I think they were just trying to establish that Dany isn't considered a Khalissi by other Khals. And I know for a fact there are only 2 blood riders in the rest of her story...."It is Known"
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #1657
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Loved the first episode of the season, but episode 2 was by far the worst of the shows short life. Found myself bored and it couldn't have been any more dull. It's like they used titties and sex to make up for the steaming pile of crap they put together. Still going to watch it because it is just one bad episode, but damn.

agree with this altho GoT bad isn't as bad as other shows bad....
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #1658
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
I thought the first episode was the worst one and this one was pretty good.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #1659
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs

i'm thinking about launching into the books, though i'm a little wary after hearing about readers dropping off like flies midway through the 4th one. i just don't know if i want to put myself through the agony of waiting to see the story unfold when it's all there right in front of me... spread over 5000 pages...

You should definitely check out the books. They are so well put together that it doesn't even matter that you know whats going to happen. The relationships become so much more real and the characterization is on a whole different level.

The first 3 books are fantastic. A Feast For Crows is bad only because of the high level of storytelling that you will have become use to. But it still holds a lot of stuff that is critical to the story. Seeing Cersei become a raving mad lunatic should be reason enough to read it.

Right now, Im about 200 pages into A Dance With Dragons and its a really enjoyable read. Most of the characters are ones that we were waiting to read about and the intertwining tales seems to be heading in a rather interesting direction. I think ill end up liking it alot because I dont carry any expectations of receiving any type of resolution. Its a build up novel and Im cool with that. Plus, finally the story seems to be building up to something good, which should be enough for you to want to go through with reading the series.. The wait on the last couple of novels will be hell im sure, but it does seem to look like well receive and ending that will placate our building anger and satisfy with a resolute conclusion.. or so I hope.. Lol
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #1660
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

a little late but..

rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #1661
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When is the dragon chick story going to develop more? End of seasn into season 3?

I hate that fat kid on the Nights Watch. He's gonna get killed acting like a lame. Why is he all obsessed over those females dispite them being nasty? Then again he hasnt seen any poon and hormones must be racing.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #1662
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
When is the dragon chick story going to develop more? End of seasn into season 3?

I hate that fat kid on the Nights Watch. He's gonna get killed acting like a lame. Why is he all obsessed over those females dispite them being nasty? Then again he hasnt seen any poon and hormones must be racing.
Well your gonna be full of anger...lol...dragon chicks situations hasn't even been resolved in the books yet... And fat kid is gonna be around long enough to make his presence felt .
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #1663
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Well your gonna be full of anger...lol...dragon chicks situations hasn't even been resolved in the books yet... And fat kid is gonna be around long enough to make his presence felt .

So tell me she atleast rallies up an army or will her story be just wandering around with his dragons talkin about she wants the throne?

As for the fat kid. He's such a big puss, how can he survive those times.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #1664
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
So tell me she atleast rallies up an army or will her story be just wandering around with his dragons talkin about she wants the throne?

As for the fat kid. He's such a big puss, how can he survive those times.

watch or read it stupidass otherwise take your dumb questions asking for spoils to PM's...and pay attention next time since if you paid attention or recorded it so you could watch it 3 times, you'd probably get what most people understand after 1 viewing.

btw chubby kid reminds me of greatgreg
Old 04-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #1665
millwad
Banned

millwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
watch or read it stupidass otherwise take your dumb questions asking for spoils to PM's...and pay attention next time since if you paid attention or recorded it so you could watch it 3 times, you'd probably get what most people understand after 1 viewing.

btw chubby kid reminds me of greatgreg

Go kill yourself, turtle dikk fgt.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: