Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #1726
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
No shyt sherlock. Thats not what i asked. Arya pointed out the kid they killed as the bastard they were looking for. But will they take the body back to the queen and/or reveal his hair color? It doesnt match King Roberts at all.
ahh, i gotcha. i thought it was too stupid a question to answer, guess i was right. yeah my guess is they bring the body back and discover the truth. gendry and arya make a good duo on the run, it wouldn't do to have everybody stop looking for them. lol
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #1727
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
ahh, i gotcha. i thought it was too stupid a question to answer, guess i was right. yeah my guess is they bring the body back and discover the truth. gendry and arya make a good duo on the run, it wouldn't do to have everybody stop looking for them. lol

Yeah thats what I'm hoping for. Those two go on the run. Perfect personalities.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #1728
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Truthfully, that's now diverged enough from the text, that even book people can't spoil it for you, but Gobb's guess of them returning the boy and then being told it's not the right kid would make sense to get things back on track to some degree.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #1729
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As someone who's read them now, I find it a fascinating way to guage how well written these things are just by looking at people who haven't read's opinions on what's going to happen, and what should happen. The people they should like they do. The people they shouldn't they don't. They people they like but feel like they shouldn't they have those mixed feelings toward. The things that interest them but they want to see more happen are heading in ways they'll appreciate.

You can almost feel people being pulled in exactly the way they're supposed to be pulled.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #1730
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
As someone who's read them now, I find it a fascinating way to guage how well written these things are just by looking at people who haven't read's opinions on what's going to happen, and what should happen. The people they should like they do. The people they shouldn't they don't. They people they like but feel like they shouldn't they have those mixed feelings toward. The things that interest them but they want to see more happen are heading in ways they'll appreciate.

You can almost feel people being pulled in exactly the way they're supposed to be pulled.

Yeah I feel the same way. Its going to become even more interesting to see what people are saying when the show gets up to Jaimie's story..

I know i've been using alot of white text but I'm not trying to ruin even the smallest things or give any hints to anyone who hasn't read the books. Anyone who may quote this try not to include the white text, or change it to something hilarious again.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #1731
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Yeah I feel the same way. Its going to become even more interesting to see what people are saying when the show gets up to The part where we find out Bruce Willis has been dead all along..

I know i've been using alot of white text but I'm not trying to ruin even the smallest things or give any hints to anyone who hasn't read the books. Anyone who may quote this try not to include the white text, or change it to something hilarious again.

Yeah. My boss watches the show, and he and I talk about it every Monday. And I try extremely hard to give him insight, and try to flesh things out for him, even willing to give up a bit of what's upcoming if I don't think it'll affect his enjoyment, without screwing anything up. It's a tough balance.

White Text:
Brujesino's questions a page ago almost seem like he's read the things to have questions so dead nuts. If not, then that's a perfect example of the show leading it's audience like a horse to water. People are already overly into Renly. And Ridonks' opinions about him being "the good king" are exactly what they're going for. When what will happen happens, and it's gonna be in what, two weeks tops, people are gonna be floored. Almost more so than in the books, because in the books hundreds of pages go by, and it doesn't seem as sudden, but the way they've paced out the show, people are already getting attached and/or intrigued by the Terrell Barratheon pairing. And the killer is that when it does go on, it'll probably make people feel safe, and that's when the most grueling moment in the series will take place. And right after Renly when he'll be the most likable king.
The only sad thing is that that is the peak of the books by a wide margin in my opinion. And it's too bad it's coming to a head so soon. This is by far the best book.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #1732
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yeah. My boss watches the show, and he and I talk about it every Monday. And I try extremely hard to give him insight, and try to flesh things out for him, even willing to give up a bit of what's upcoming if I don't think it'll affect his enjoyment, without screwing anything up. It's a tough balance.

White Text:
When it is revealed that Hodor is Tyrion's bastard son.
Yeah, I kinda envy the people who have no idea what's in store for them, especially if they haven't learned (white)yet by Ned's beheading that GRRM has crafted a cruel, bleak world. Bad things are going to happen. Noone is safe. Death comes suddenly and unexpectedly for so many people, it doesn't matter who the character is, if he's a "good guy", a "bad guy", or a fan favorite. You think the book is building up someone just to have the rug pulled out from under you later. It pisses off alot of fans but I love it because there's a real sense of danger for these characters. I remember when I first read the RW chapter, I was in shock. I couldn't believe Martin wrote what he did. Much like Ned's death, I had to read it again to make sure I didn't miss something.

I also love how GRRM can turn a character you loathed into someone you can respect or even feel sorry for.

Last edited by rezznor : 04-16-2012 at 09:58 PM.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #1733
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

White Text:
Especially because I don't want to lose my job. Wars have been started for less.

I think people's reactions to what happens with Renley will be much different from mine because when I read the situation and what wound up happening to Renley I was just like....wait...what? I wasn't really like F*CK like I was with the Red Wedding.

I think that was because I was more emotionally drawn with the characters in the Red Wedding, but as far as Renley went I only wondered how he could help get revenge on the Lannisters.

I agree that that event will have people who watch in more shock then I was when I read it

On another note...last night after the episode I decided I would think about in my head everything important that happened in the novles...basically replay it in my head.

I literally got up to "Well Ned Stark gets a visit from the King and is asked to be hand, but doesn't want to do it. Then he gets a letter from Lysa, who suspects Jon Arryn's death to be a murder and decides to go....wait....nah this is going to be too much." And I just stopped.

I might try again when I'm bored one day.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #1734
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

you guys are really working me up with all this "whats in store" jazz. i just reached the point in the first book where viserys gets his crown.

somebody above said so far its been boring and i agree, right now everybody is pushing for alliances, gearing up for their run, etc. clearly in preparation for something big in the next few episodes. there just hasn't been a real catalyst to get the ball rolling and everybody acting so far this season. i expect something big in the next two episodes that will spark everybody into action. in the first season it was bran's fall, the murder plot, and eventually tyrion being taken prisoner that launches all of the action.

so what's it gonna be this time? with power struggles wreaking havoc with the lannisters, they seem to be preoccupied... and i guess they can afford to be with greyjoy potentially attacking and distracting the north. that might tie in with jaime still prisoner, have we even seen him this season? the captured kingslayer has to play an important role in the upcoming war and i doubt he just gets traded back for sanza... who doesn't appear particularly happy. lol

we also didn't see any rob or stannis this episode, i wanna have light shed on the red headed witch who seems rather sure of herself and her king
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #1735
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
you guys are really working me up with all this "whats in store" jazz. i just reached the point in the first book where viserys gets his crown.

somebody above said so far its been boring and i agree, right now everybody is pushing for alliances, gearing up for their run, etc. clearly in preparation for something big in the next few episodes. there just hasn't been a real catalyst to get the ball rolling and everybody acting so far this season. i expect something big in the next two episodes that will spark everybody into action. in the first season it was bran's fall, the murder plot, and eventually tyrion being taken prisoner that launches all of the action.

so what's it gonna be this time? with power struggles wreaking havoc with the lannisters, they seem to be preoccupied... and i guess they can afford to be with greyjoy potentially attacking and distracting the north. that might tie in with jaime still prisoner, have we even seen him this season? the captured kingslayer has to play an important role in the upcoming war and i doubt he just gets traded back for sanza... who doesn't appear particularly happy. lol

we also didn't see any rob or stannis this episode, i wanna have light shed on the red headed witch who seems rather sure of herself and her king

John's story north of the wall was my favorite part of this book, but the next to last episode (which has nothing to do with John) is going to be crazy. they blew most of the season's budget on that one episode and GRRM himself directed it.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #1736
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Loved the last episode. Dinklage is doing an amazing job like always, and Tyrion is just a bad ass character. I really want to see more of Dany and how her side of the story develops. Makes me angry that they sometimes have episodes where they leave things out.

And also, one quick question. On that letter that Theon wrote out to Robb, was he talking about what his father was planning to do? Didn't catch it, but I know he burned it.

I'm on page 105 of the first book btw, at the part where Bran has just "fallen".
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:55 AM   #1737
I.Malcolm
Serious playground baller

I.Malcolm has decent reputationI.Malcolm has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
Loved the last episode. Dinklage is doing an amazing job like always, and Tyrion is just a bad ass character. I really want to see more of Dany and how her side of the story develops. Makes me angry that they sometimes have episodes where they leave things out.

And also, one quick question. On that letter that Theon wrote out to Robb, was he talking about what his father was planning to do? Didn't catch it, but I know he burned it.

I'm on page 105 of the first book btw, at the part where Bran has just "fallen".

That letter is Theon warning Robb about his fathers plans. That scene was created specifically for the TV show. In the books, initially at least, Theon has no reservations when he turns his cloak.
I.Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:12 AM   #1738
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid

Old 04-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #1739
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jesus' jumping shitballs, Margaery Tyrell might have just taken Ned Stark's place as my second favorite character of the series behind Tyrion. One scene with Renly and she was great, and not just because of the exquisite naked chest. She always felt so extraneous in the books...just a bride that gets constantly scorned. Given where she will go, I'm excited for the way they could use her character in future episodes. I seem to recall seeing the actress who played her in The Tudors on Showtime and she was great there, too.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #1740
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

For those of you that say that the show is boring well this is pretty much how Clash of Kings moves. It's Tyrion owning all of kings landing until the last 3/4 of the book where things really start to get interesting. In between there are some suprises, but the whole book is pretty much a setup for the final battle. I predict that by episode 4 or 5 people are gonna by like "whoa".

I really hope the Reeds are in the show, it would be stupid to disregard 2 major characters that are central to Bran's storyline.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: