Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #1741
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
the captured kingslayer has to play an important role in the upcoming war and i doubt he just gets traded back for sanza... who doesn't appear particularly happy. lol

we also didn't see any rob or stannis this episode, i wanna have light shed on the red headed witch who seems rather sure of herself and her king

I don't think I'm giving anything away by saying that Robb and the Kingslayer don't actually appear in book 2, but play major rolls in the 3rd book. I'm not sure if the show will stick with that or put them in a few scenes so we don't forget about them.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #1742
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
As a person who hasnt read all the books(I only a couple of chapters away from finishing the first book) this last episode was frustrating not because it sucked but because i want more!

Some thoughts no spoilers just speculation and stuff like that.

1.Renly Baratheon.I want to see this huge army of his and exactly which houses are committed to him is it only half baratheon and the rest tyrell?

Is he gonna accept letting the starks become become their own kingdom and not part of the 7 if he takes the throne?I wonder how much his wife is gonna play in his confidence.It seems to me he lacks confidence.How is he gonna react to his brother stannis and robb.

2.I really like Tyrion but i hate the lannisters i kinda want tyrion to lose for some reason but i dont want him to die so iam not sure how its gonna play out.

3.Im wating for ser barristan to make an appearance and pledge himself to one of the many kings.

Really getting into this shit.

Very astute observations.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:30 AM   #1743
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
As a person who hasnt read all the books(I only a couple of chapters away from finishing the first book) this last episode was frustrating not because it sucked but because i want more!

Some thoughts no spoilers just speculation and stuff like that.

1.Renly Baratheon.I want to see this huge army of his and exactly which houses are committed to him is it only half baratheon and the rest tyrell?

Is he gonna accept letting the starks become become their own kingdom and not part of the 7 if he takes the throne?I wonder how much his wife is gonna play in his confidence.It seems to me he lacks confidence.How is he gonna react to his brother stannis and robb.

2.I really like Tyrion but i hate the lannisters i kinda want tyrion to lose for some reason but i dont want him to die so iam not sure how its gonna play out.

3.Im wating for ser barristan to make an appearance and pledge himself to one of the many kings.

Really getting into this shit.

I'll answer your questions one by one.

1. Renly's army is so big because he has the storm lords that should have declared for Stannis and the Tyrells another rich n powerful family like the Lannisters backing him up. As far as robb stark he has a lot of sympathy for Catelyn n what happened to Ned, all we know is that he's willing to give the girls back once he takes Kings landing.

2. Tyrion is an interesting character in that he's very loyal to his family, but also sees that they are snakes and he shows an uncharacteristic compassion for a Lannister. You'll be absolutely floored with what happens in his story.

3. Good call on Ser Barriston. All I'm going to say is you'll be very surprised what role he plays in all this.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #1744
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hate how white text shows up in quotes. Bit about Hodor would have been a nice surprise...
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #1745
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Old 04-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #1746
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Hate how white text shows up in quotes. Bit about Hodor would have been a nice surprise...
Tyrion and Hodor preparing for battle in the season finale

rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #1747
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Ever wonder what ISHiots would be good in the male roles on Game of Thrones? Please add to the list.

Sam Tarley: mbell
Theon Greyjoy: Nick Young
Joffrey Baratheon: Hawker
Hodor: Godzuki
Danerys Stormborn: DeuceWallaces
Old 04-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #1748
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Danerys Stormborn: DeuceWallaces
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #1749
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN

I couldn't resist.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #1750
Cangri
National High School Star

Cangri has an OK reputation so far

I got a question for those knowledgeable Game of Thrones fans out there,
Why did Stannis decided to seek a new religion(god of light or whatever it is) in the first place??? I don't remember them saying anything about that.
Cangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #1751
I.Malcolm
Serious playground baller

I.Malcolm has decent reputationI.Malcolm has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cangri
Why did Stannis decided to seek a new religion(god of light or whatever it is) in the first place??? I don't remember them saying anything about that.
They never say explicitly why he seeks out Melisandre (I'm halfway done with the newest book) but from what is inferred he understands that he has no real support in Westeros so she seems to offer him his only real hope.
I.Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #1752
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I don't think I'm giving anything away by saying that Robb and the Kingslayer don't actually appear in book 2, but play major rolls in the 3rd book. I'm not sure if the show will stick with that or put them in a few scenes so we don't forget about them.
yeah... that's giving something away. i think i'm just going to stay away from this thread and wikipedia pages from here on out. i've spoiled myself with some seemingly awfully important tidbits just by browsing the internet. mostly surrounding tyrion (in white) saw his marriage to... sanza, which makes sense as a super duper surprising yet somewhat foreshadowed twist.... and i also stumbled upon a map of westeros with what seemed to be updated sigils... and a lannister lion covering the north

sigh... almost finished the first book, but not too pleased about knowing those details. yours isn't particularly bad though i still would've rather not known. i think i wrote earlier i was expecting the kingslayer trade to be a big deal this book. ah well lol i'm sure there will still be plenty of surprises for me down the road
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #1753
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
yeah... that's giving something away. i think i'm just going to stay away from this thread and wikipedia pages from here on out. i've spoiled myself with some seemingly awfully important tidbits just by browsing the internet. mostly surrounding tyrion (in white) that he is Luke Skywalker's father!

sigh... almost finished the first book, but not too pleased about knowing those details. yours isn't particularly bad though i still would've rather not known. i think i wrote earlier i was expecting the kingslayer trade to be a big deal this book. ah well lol i'm sure there will still be plenty of surprises for me down the road

Sorry dude, didn't mean to ruin it for you. Just because these characters don't physically appear doesn't mean they're not part of the story and like I said HBO might put them in anyway.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #1754
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Sorry dude, didn't mean to ruin it for you. Just because these characters don't physically appear doesn't mean they're not part of the story and like I said HBO might put them in anyway.
no worries, like i said with the spoilers already in my head (assuming i saw right, i'll be quite pleased if i didn't but don't say anything - edit: clearly if you changed the white text, i wasn't mistaken lol), yours is small fish. plus i'll likely be through the second book before the second season begins to round out anyway.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #1755
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cangri

It's actually Stannis' wife who innitially turns to the R'hollor, the god of light, and he winds up being lured over to it. They don't explicitly say that he's lured to it by the "clear the table and get it on" sexual approach of Melisandre, but it is somewhat implied. I also don't recall specifically if it's because of this, but I think it's also implied that it's due to her seeking resolution for their ill daughter, neither of whom we've met yet. And the fact that she worships Stannis nearly as much as she does her red god may have something to do with his conversion.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: