Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #1756
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Hate how white text shows up in quotes. Bit about Hodor would have been a nice surprise...
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #1757
I.Malcolm
Serious playground baller

I.Malcolm has decent reputationI.Malcolm has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
It's actually Stannis' wife who innitially turns to the R'hollor, the god of light, and he winds up being lured over to it. They don't explicitly say that he's lured to it by the "clear the table and get it on" sexual approach of Melisandre, but it is somewhat implied. I also don't recall specifically if it's because of this, but I think it's also implied that it's due to her seeking resolution for their ill daughter, neither of whom we've met yet. And the fact that she worships Stannis nearly as much as she does her red god may have something to do with his conversion.
Stannises daughter was sadly not written for the show. Great summary btw.
I.Malcolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #1758
Cangri
National High School Star

Cangri has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
It's actually Stannis' wife who innitially turns to the R'hollor, the god of light, and he winds up being lured over to it. They don't explicitly say that he's lured to it by the "clear the table and get it on" sexual approach of Melisandre, but it is somewhat implied. I also don't recall specifically if it's because of this, but I think it's also implied that it's due to her seeking resolution for their ill daughter, neither of whom we've met yet. And the fact that she worships Stannis nearly as much as she does her red god may have something to do with his conversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.Malcolm
They never say explicitly why he seeks out Melisandre (I'm halfway done with the newest book) but from what is inferred he understands that he has no real support in Westeros so she seems to offer him his only real hope.

Thanks guys
Cangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:44 AM   #1759
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The show is turning into a god damn soap opera that pathetically and transparently strives to please everyone and attract all types of viewers while sacrificing all the little touches that made these books great. Watching GOT is turning into something that I just gotta do, **** Benioff and Weiss with their compromises and stupid personal interpretations.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #1760
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
The show is turning into a god damn soap opera that pathetically and transparently strives to please everyone and attract all types of viewers while sacrificing all the little touches that made these books great. Watching GOT is turning into something that I just gotta do, **** Benioff and Weiss with their compromises and stupid personal interpretations.

I don't fault HBO for their interpretation. This is a colossal work to condense into a series and they have to keep the drama level up to entertain the viewer. I kinda like the tweaks so far. It would be tedious to watch a strict interpretation of the books.

I haven't read the Sookie Stackhouse books but I suppose it's the same for True Blood. I assume the producers throw a morsel from the books out every now and then for the diehard fans like they do in GOT.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #1761
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I don't fault HBO for their interpretation. This is a colossal work to condense into a series and they have to keep the drama level up to entertain the viewer. I kinda like the tweaks so far. It would be tedious to watch a strict interpretation of the books.

I haven't read the Sookie Stackhouse books but I suppose it's the same for True Blood. I assume the producers throw a morsel from the books out every now and then for the diehard fans like they do in GOT.

The Sookie Stackhouse stories have very little to do with the True Blood show at this point. They veered way off the track once they kept Lafayette alive. I only ready a couple of them, and the change in character tone alone is a much different perspective even on the stuff that remains accurate to the plot points in the books.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #1762
Cangri
National High School Star

Cangri has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
That's the main reason I haven't read the books, I know that once I read them I won't be able to enjoy the series as much as I do now. Lucky for me
Cangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #1763
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Its starting...
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #1764
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Some weird ass shit going on in this episode.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #1765
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here

anyone know of a live stream? so I dont have to wait until tomorrow to download it?
mrpuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #1766
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpuente
anyone know of a live stream? so I dont have to wait until tomorrow to download it?
Demonoid will have it up tonight.. within an hour of the first showing.

That's to dload, don't know of any streams
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #1767
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Demonoid will have it up tonight.. within an hour of the first showing.

That's to dload, don't know of any streams
thats fine, ive never used it tho. Do i need a registration to dload?
mrpuente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:43 PM   #1768
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

What the **** happened in this episode?! Honestly. Some crazy ass shit going on.

No wonder the people in the 1400's and 1500's wanted to burn witches to death.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #1769
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
What the **** happened in this episode?! Honestly. Some crazy ass shit going on.

No wonder the people in the 1400's and 1500's wanted to burn witches to death.

Lmao it only gets better. Anyways for the posters who have read the books what do you think of the changes they made to it? Personally I think they spent entirely too much time with that stupid Joffrey scene. We get it the kid is a psycho, that time could have been better spent extending the what happens at the end of the show
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #1770
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Lmao it only gets better. Anyways for the posters who have read the books what do you think of the changes they made to it? Personally I think they spent entirely too much time with that stupid Joffrey scene. We get it the kid is a psycho, that time could have been better spent extending the what happens at the end of the show

Shit. Sucks that I'm still reading the first book.

Anyway, I wonder what role Arya will play in this. Hopefully it's something cool.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: