Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #1771
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Tywin and Arya trading witty remarks is the most hilarious deviation yet
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #1772
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Cersei does have her moments in the books where you feel sympathetic towards her (Robert calling out Lylanna on their wedding night, loving her children, knowing that Sansa hates Joffery and offering advice and some more). Last nights episode did a good job at showing that side of her. She is part of Sansa's learning experience about being a Lady/Queen. What to do what not to do. For all the Sansa haters out there, she gets better imo.
Sansa is a dumb little bitch.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #1773
mika
Made that high school varsity squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Sansa is a dumb little bitch.

it pissed me off when her direwolf had to die because she's stupid.

i just finished the first three books, starting on the fourth today. looking forward to the next two books.
mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #1774
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

well at least Sansa isn't all obsessed with joffrey anymore, and she seems to slowly be turning more against him. that in itself makes her less annoying. i used to hate her, especially when she didn't stick up for Arya accusing Joffrey
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #1775
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Fair enough, but her story gets better.
Yea fortunately because of events surrounding her.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #1776
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

That which has been seen cannot be unseen.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #1777
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mika
they aren't following the book as close as last season, but i'm liking the stuff they're doing with arya and lord tywin.
yes, this has been the best change of the season. he was a real ass in the books, this fleshes him out much more and almost makes him likable. it kinda bugs me that he hasn't dug more into who arya really is though. i could understand if he thought she was a simple lowborn girl, but he has obviously noticed that there is much more to her then she appears. a man like Tywin would not just leave that alone without investigating her.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #1778
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Did Jaime Squire for Barriston Selmy in the books? I know he did for the Black Fish but I don't remember anything about Barriston Selmy. Anyone know?
i'm not sure if he squired but i do recall he had great respect for barriston
Old 05-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #1779
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
so Tywin was telling the truth of how Arya is supposed to address him? i just don't really get what part of that exchange proved Arya was highborn i was thinking he was trying to trick her into saying it how he said she was supposed to say it, and if she did, he'd know she was lying about being a lowly girl. altho either way it does seem like he's on to her.
a lowly girl wouldn't speak correctly. she would say m'lord...kinda a lazy way to speak. a high born girl would be taught to speak correctly and say my lord.

m'lord is like westeros ebonics
Old 05-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #1780
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:

Roose's bastard?

i thought someone else actually handled the bitches though i guess they could condense it to just roose. good observation.

if that is roose however, then they should have showed the scene where he gives theon the wolfshead pins.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #1781
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
a lowly girl wouldn't speak correctly. she would say m'lord...kinda a lazy way to speak. a high born girl would be taught to speak correctly and say my lord.

m'lord is like westeros ebonics

that makes sense
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #1782
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
well at least Sansa isn't all obsessed with joffrey anymore, and she seems to slowly be turning more against him. that in itself makes her less annoying. i used to hate her, especially when she didn't stick up for Arya accusing Joffrey
she starts off as an annoying spoiled brat, but as events unfold around her she becomes more jaded and stronger in her own way. she basically grows up and stops acting like a petulant child.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #1783
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Roose has already mentioned that he has a bastard that is going to march on winterfell from the dreadfort. I don't think they're going to make it just one character.
yeah i remember that but in the books he is already shown by now and is a confidant to theon
Old 05-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #1784
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
yes, this has been the best change of the season. he was a real ass in the books, this fleshes him out much more and almost makes him likable. it kinda bugs me that he hasn't dug more into who arya really is though. i could understand if he thought she was a simple lowborn girl, but he has obviously noticed that there is much more to her then she appears. a man like Tywin would not just leave that alone without investigating her.

I think Tywin just treats it as a game for now. Tywin clearly recognised that Arya was hiding something when she first worked for him, but I think he viewed it more as a interesting side project to figure out who Arya really is. He doesn't think Arya might be a Stark because, well, what are the odds! But that's probably why he hasn't bothered to really investigate Arya, because he sees the verbal banter as a break from the soldiers and the war.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #1785
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Does anyone who read the books know if Arya's Direwolf makes an appearance anytime in the future? Like even if not Season 2 of the TV Show

If thats a spoiler, no need to answer, don't wanna jade it for the other folks.

It sucks that there's only Robb's, Jon's and Bran's left right now, those things are awesome. Robb's looks the biggest, but I don't think I've seen Jon's in perspective yet. Robb actually rides his (according to the tales being told in the North), so that ****er must be huge, and the first scene when its intimidating Jaime it looked monstrous, and bad ass!!
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: