Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-23-2012, 12:57 AM   #1771
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

What the f*ck at that ending.Shit just got real.

I already started the 2nd book im 150 pages in.Damn this episode just made me want to read that book super fast.

Seriously what the f*ck at that ending.
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:11 AM   #1772
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Lmao it only gets better. Anyways for the posters who have read the books what do you think of the changes they made to it? Personally I think they spent entirely too much time with that stupid Joffrey scene. We get it the kid is a psycho, that time could have been better spent extending the what happens at the end of the show
yea, the joffrey + whores scene was not needed. i would have rather seen some jon snow. tyrion's ownage of Lancel was great.

also, it looks like they combined (white) both instances of the shadow assassin into one scene so i guess edric storm won't be on the show. i don't really mind because as of right now he is a fairly minor plotpoint. the shadow birth played out pretty much exactly how i imagined it.

Last edited by rezznor : 04-23-2012 at 02:13 AM.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:11 AM   #1773
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
What the f*ck at that ending.Shit just got real.

I already started the 2nd book im 150 pages in.Damn this episode just made me want to read that book super fast.

Seriously what the f*ck at that ending.
the night is dark and full of terrors
Old 04-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #1774
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

at that ending

Does this show have supernatural? It seems they have werewolf in that show.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:05 AM   #1775
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
yea, the joffrey + whores scene was not needed. i would have rather seen some jon snow. tyrion's ownage of Lancel was great.

also, it looks like they combined (white) They're not going to introduce Cersie's pet chupacabra.

I agree about the white text portion of your thinking. They kind of smushed the two instances together. I started wondering about that earlier in the season, because if I'm not mistaken, the second instance gains Stannis access to Dragonstone, and there's nothing to imply up to this point that he doesn't hold Dragonstone since the opening sequence where he is in Dragonstone.
I too don't think it's a major consellation, but this shit will start to add up and make things seem a little more disjointed over time. I don't think it's impossible that they add Edric Storm yet still. I mean he's only a ward of Dragonstone. There's no reason he can't still be there.

I'm a little surprised they cut where they did. They could've let the shadow baby do it's thing, and cut immediately after, and it still would've been quite a cliffhanger, and it would have felt like things really pushed along a lot further, but it's sort of a six of one half dozen of the other argument.

For the non-book people out there, a couple of introductions that were somewhat glossed over that should be noted, in which I will keep any spoiling out of:
The guy who implies to Robb Stark that he can get information from his captives if Robb allows him to torture them. Robb tells him that torture is forbidden in the north, at which point he points out that they are not in fact in the north. That's Roose Bolton. His sigil which was somewhat visable on his chest last night is The Flayed Man, and he has a history of flaying people. He plays a large part as the books move forward, so he's worth noting.
Also, the guy doing the interrogation at the spot where Arya is, eating the apples and with the funny voice, I believe (I'm not 100% positive about this) to be Vargo Hoat. He is the commander of a group called The Brave Companions, who are really a mish mosh collection of scumbag sell sword criminals. They've been hired by Tywin Lannister to sort of do the dirty work Tywin wants done, but isn't willing to be 100% associated with, things like torture that seem to be below his noble but brutal standing. Hoat is not a huge part of the story, and just by the way things are going, it's not impossible he could be written down significantly to the point where he's never even given a name, but if they hold true to the books form, he's significant enough to keep a mental note of who he is.
Also, that location as well that Arya is at. That is Harrenhall. It's worth mentioning if only because it's been promised to both Janos Slynt, and Littlefinger at this point. It's massive. I believe it's the biggest castle in the seven kingdoms. It has an elaborate history that in the books we learn about through flashbacks and story telling. I won't go into it because it would be nice if the show can fill it up, although it's one of those things that as I'm reading I'm not sure how the show will handle. They may have to do an entire season of people just sitting around campfires telling stories in order to flesh out the history of the kingdom the way they do in the books, so I'm afraid a lot of that stuff will be left by the wayside, but they should be given more of a chance before I try to flesh it out for you I think. But as Arya points out when they approach, legend has that it's haunted, which is why it doesn't have much of a community, and it's in such disrepair. Remember Tyrion suggested Littlefinger tare it down and start from scratch with it.

The entire Joffrey scene with the whores is totally an add on by the showrunners, and while I thought it was really well done in what it's trying to establish, that Joffrey is a sociopath, I'm not sure it was necessary. I think it's pretty clear that Joffrey is a sick little bastard already. And I agree that the time could've been better spent elsewhere. But it gave them an excuse to add a little nudity, which seems to be on a checklist somewhere for these episodes.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #1776
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Harrenhall was just how I pictured it. The "shadow birth" was cool and now ties into the sex scene between Stannis and Melisandre, which wasn't in the book. So much for Robb not appearing this season.

I like the changes because it gives those who have read the books something to look forward to, i.e. to see what changes are going to be made, for good or bad.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #1777
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundress
at that ending

Does this show have supernatural? It seems they have werewolf in that show.
the show has magic and supernatural elements, but it is not as obvious as LoTR. The Magic in GoT is alot more subtle. However, magic in this world has been getting stronger ever since the birth of the dragons. In the books, people who could previously only perform illusions start to gain real abilities.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #1778
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

Still think they should have cut out Joffrey and let us see what happened with the shadow baby. They robbed the viewers of the best cliffhanger of the season. I think we'll still see Edric Storm, just that they cut out one part at dragonstone which was pretty much a display of Melisandra's power. Edric Storm plays a pretty integral part to the plot.
longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #1779
longtime lurker

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

Also, the guy doing the interrogation at the spot where Arya is, eating the apples and with the funny voice, I believe (I'm not 100% positive about this) to be Vargo Hoat. He is the commander of a group called The Brave Companions, who are really a mish mosh collection of scumbag sell sword criminals.

I'm pretty sure the guy doing the interrogation was the Tickler. Hoat has his trademark lisp which provides unintentional comedy. Good to see Ser Polliver in there too. I think they could cut out Hoat all together and have the mountain play his role at Harrenhal although it would be nice to see Hoat even in a minor role. Its interesting that Arya is now Tywins cupbearer which would make her privy to certain information hmmmm..........
Old 04-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #1780
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This episode was the best so far but still the deviations managed to be useless again instead of contributing. Super melodramatic Joffrey scene with the whores was long and cheap, having Baelish propose the idea to Catelyn in order to make her sympathetic was another bullshit compromise. I really want to know if these modifications are per HBO's instructions or they are actually Benioff and Weiss' personal interpretations? Either case is messed up imo.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #1781
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
This episode was the best so far but still the deviations managed to be useless again instead of contributing. Super melodramatic Joffrey scene with the whores was long and cheap, having Baelish propose the idea to Catelyn in order to make her sympathetic was another bullshit compromise. I really want to know if these modifications are per HBO's instructions or they are actually Benioff and Weiss' personal interpretations? Either case is messed up imo.

Spoiler in white: Do you think the HBO people are worried that if a character disappears for too long (Littlefinger, Robb, etc.) that the audience will forget who they are? If I recall correctly Littlefinger isn't around much in book 2 but plays a major roll in book 3.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #1782
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Spoiler in white
I would be surprised if they took people for dumb morons with extreme cases of Alzheimer but hey they changed Asha's name to Yara cause some minor character in season one whose name was uttered once had a similar name to her.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #1783
longtime lurker

Quote:

Funny enough these were the two changes that bothered me the most. The first because the Joffrey scene was an absolute waste of time, it added nothing to the plot and didn't develop the character. And Little Finger meeting up with Catlyn and proposing his idea leads me to believe *SPOILER* That she will just cut Jaimie loose for no reason, not after believing that Bran and Rickon are dead. Which will make her look like a complete tool, instead of showing the emotion and reason behind her decision *END SPOILER*
Old 04-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #1784
longtime lurker

Quote:
I would be surprised if they took people for dumb morons with extreme cases of Alzheimer but hey they changed Asha's name to Yara cause some minor character in season one whose name was uttered once had a similar name to her.

To be honest there are so many characters in the show that its hard for people that didn't read the book to keep track of who's who. I watch the show with a couple of friends and I'm constantly reminding them who characters and explaining back stories. The whole Asha Osha thing is stupid though and I agree with you on that. I know there needs to be changes but only where it makes sense and is integral to the plot.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:09 PM   #1785
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Funny enough these were the two changes that bothered me the most. The first because the Joffrey scene was an absolute waste of time, it added nothing to the plot and didn't develop the character. And Little Finger meeting up with Catlyn and proposing his idea leads me to believe *SPOILER* That Metta World Peace will be suspended for the first series of the playoffs. *END SPOILER*

God I hope that's not what happens.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: