Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #1786
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:

They may have to do an entire season of people just sitting around campfires telling stories in order to flesh out the history of the kingdom the way they do in the books, so I'm afraid a lot of that stuff will be left by the wayside, but they should be given more of a chance before I try to flesh it out for you I think.

They should do offseason minisodes like True Blood did to keep the series in peoples minds. Set them up as flashbacks and so on. Maybe 5 or so 8-10 minute long cllips once a month before episodes of True Blood this summer or something.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #1787
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Funny enough these were the two changes that bothered me the most. The first because the Joffrey scene was an absolute waste of time, it added nothing to the plot and didn't develop the character. And Little Finger meeting up with Catlyn and proposing his idea leads me to believ\*
The whole Catelyn thing is now too messed up to become worse than it is so I gave up on that part. Another thing that bothered me is that they are replacing Cersei/Jaime jokes with Renly/Loras jokes, I know those two were Lannister soldiers but the fact of the matter is they are taking the whole homosexuality theme too far. Westeros is being shaped like a goddamn utopia now with all the tolerance and open mindedness the inhabitants exhibit
The books already have a racist (stereotypical) tone to them when you compare Westrosi life and morality to that of the Eastern kingdoms, combine it with the level of tolerance the inhabitants of westeros from common soldiers to the loyalty show towards homosexuality and you have a typical white man product on your hands.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #1788
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ok I haven't read the books.....

But what the F8CK was that at the end? That was beyond creepy. Dragons I can accept, but wtf?
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #1789
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
Ok I haven't read the books.....

But what the F8CK was that at the end? That was beyond creepy. Dragons I can accept, but wtf?

Melisandre has powers.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #1790
simcjt
The bodyguard

simcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
They should do offseason minisodes like True Blood did to keep the series in peoples minds. Set them up as flashbacks and so on. Maybe 5 or so 8-10 minute long cllips once a month before episodes of True Blood this summer or something.

If you have hbo go each episode comes with +5 hours of extra content that go into detail about everything you should pay attention to.
simcjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #1791
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

it was a pretty good i guess, i was surprised at the fantasy ending, didn't expect that much blatant fantasy at the end. wtf was that shit, i was expecting like a green baby like in V or something, but a ghost?

i don't know why she didn't show them the dragons to get into that town. would've made that a lot easier, and they'd probably drop to their knee's worshipping her.

tyrion was great as usual.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #1792
simcjt
The bodyguard

simcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
i don't know why she didn't show them the dragons to get into that town. would've made that a lot easier, and they'd probably drop to their knee's worshipping her.
No need to show your hand when you are already completely defenseless. If they had agreed to see her they should have done so.
simcjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #1793
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
it was a pretty good i guess, i was surprised at the fantasy ending, didn't expect that much blatant fantasy at the end. wtf was that shit, i was expecting like a green baby like in V or something, but a ghost?

rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #1794
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
I'm pretty sure the guy doing the interrogation was the Tickler. Hoat has his trademark lisp which provides unintentional comedy. Good to see Ser Polliver in there too. I think they could cut out Hoat all together and have the mountain play his role at Harrenhal although it would be nice to see Hoat even in a minor role. Its interesting that Arya is now Tywins cupbearer which would make her privy to certain information hmmmm..........

I think you're right. I noted the cockney'd accent as perhaps being a poor playon the lisp, but you're right, it's probably the Tickler ... particularly because as I'm thinking about it, wasn't one of the queries he was pressing was "do you know where the companions are?" which would be Vargo.

I hope he's in it if only so they can play out his ending. But frankly, the entire Haranhal run with Arya goes back and forth so many times and gets so confusing it could really warrant some editing. The trimming they did last week with her was helpfull I felt.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #1795
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

She resists showing them the dragons mostly because she's weak and they could simply take them from her if they wanted, and they're all sort of scumbag traders. Once the Dragons are stronger she becomes less hesitant to show them off.
Also ... I think whoever is in charge of the CGI budget may have had a hand in her keeping those Dragons under wraps.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #1796
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm hoping Qarth is like the book.

White text: Danerys walking around with one breast exposed. I'm shallow, I know.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #1797
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I'm hoping Qarth is like the book.

Like you haven't been getting your fill with all the prostitutes and everyone in general? Does your wife know that's why you watch the show?

Best episode of the season thus far, can't wait until next week.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #1798
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Like you haven't been getting your fill with all the prostitutes and everyone in general? Does your wife know that's why you watch the show?

Best episode of the season thus far, can't wait until next week.

She watches the show too. Yeah nothing wrong with the parade of tittays but there's just something about Danerys.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #1799
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
She watches the show too. Yeah nothing wrong with the parade of tittays but there's just something about Danerys.

Hmmmm, I see your point. Well argued
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #1800
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Man...going back to the Dany...I hope Strong Belwas gets to make an appearance. I cant remember if the part in the book where he ****s that guy up in a fight is before or after Qarth.

I was hoping to see it on TV though. Awesome part in the book.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: