Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #1801
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Anybody else thought Joffrey wanted Roz to stick that rod up that hooker's *****? I was kinda disappointed when she started whipping her with it
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #1802
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Anybody else thought Joffrey wanted Roz to stick that rod up that hooker's *****? I was kinda disappointed when she started whipping her with it

That's exactly what I thought she was supposed to do with it
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #1803
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Man...going back to the Dany...I hope Strong Belwas gets to make an appearance. I cant remember if the part in the book where he turns into a goat is before or after Qarth.

I was hoping to see it on TV though. Awesome part in the book.

It's after.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #1804
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Man...going back to the Dany...I hope Strong Belwas gets to make an appearance. I cant remember if the part in the book where he ****s that guy up in a fight is before or after Qarth.

I was hoping to see it on TV though. Awesome part in the book.

I'm pretty sure I've spotted Strong Belwas in some of the extended trailers.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #1805
rezznor
Nosetradamus

i have a feeling that they might combine the different cities that Dany conquers to condense the story a bit as well as for budget reasons
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #1806
SuperPippen
What can I do for you?

I've just heard that A Storm of Swords will possibly be split into 2 seasons. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

I wouldn't mind that, but if it's true, and they choose to the most pivotal event of Book 3 to divide the seasons (everyone who has read the books knows what I'm talking about), then that's just ****ing heartless.

Regardless, that scene is gonna simultaneously make millions of people shed tears, shit bricks, and blow minds.
SuperPippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #1807
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPippen
I've just heard that A Storm of Swords will possibly be split into 2 seasons. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

I wouldn't mind that, but if it's true, and they choose to the most pivotal event of Book 3 to divide the seasons (everyone who has read the books knows what I'm talking about), then that's just ****ing heartless.

Regardless, that scene is gonna simultaneously make millions of people shed tears, shit bricks, and blow minds.
yea, they are dividing the next book. i'll be so pissed if they split it with the RW as a cliff hanger
Old 04-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #1808
rezznor
Nosetradamus

another thing they changed was the fact that arya was made tywin's cupbearer. in the book, she worked for bolton
Old 04-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #1809
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
i have a feeling that they might combine ...

I totally agree. I can see them dumping all of slaver bay into one city. It can't be Qarth though.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:44 PM   #1810
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPippen

I think it's the perfect place for the split.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #1811
SuperPippen
What can I do for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero

Artistically, I actually agree with you, but it's just going to be such a brutal cliffhanger for millions of viewers. To have that be the final scene of Game of Thrones that everyone will watch for a whole year, or however long the hiatus will be, is definitely going to blow the mind of many a viewer.

They though Ned Stark's death was tough; they haven't seen anything yet.
SuperPippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #1812
RidonKs
NBA Legend

man, the bran chapters are killing me. i'm still on audiobook so i'm not flying through it or anything, but every single time i hear his name to open a chapter, i cringe. the last three have been the exact same thing; boo hoo i wish i could be a knight, boo hoo they're all looking at me, boo hoo i can't remember why my legs don't work, etc etc etc

every so often there's an interesting side story from lewin and it's good for fleshing out winterfell, but compared to the constant action and politics and scheming of the other characters, the cripple's a snoozefest. i know there's a lot to come but i pray it comes quick. i can't put up with any more of this.

last night's episode was great, probably the best of the season. agreed they spent too much time on jof's tormenting but i think all of that is just foreshadowing for the eventual showdown between him and tyrion. plus it had naked whores on screen so why complain? lol

casting for stannis is perfect, that actor's face is so forgettable it's almost sad, especially contrasting with renly. the ending... yeah. no idea but that seems to be the point. we knew the red witch had powers ever since she drank that poison wine (btw, the book's rendition of the maester's poisoning was waaaaay better).

ghost skeletons emerging from her v@g seems a bit much but im glad that stannis now has a real 'element' to wage his war. everybody else seems to have an x-factor, lannister's sit on the crown plus they have wealth, baby stark has his animorph wolf connection, renly's got his massive army, dany has her dragons. and greyjoy is a cunning prune who gets to attack while everybody else wages war down south. stannis seemed like the odd man out with no army or gold or anything. now he has...

the opening was great btw with the fart gag, i definitely lol'ed

and yeah, shame we didn't get to see snow but i guess that just means he'll be a feature for next week.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #1813
RidonKs
NBA Legend

btw... king IN the north? wtf is that bs?
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #1814
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
yea, it is perfect...but it's gonna suck for people who don't know what happens next
Old 04-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #1815
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
man, the bran chapters are killing me. i'm still on audiobook so i'm not flying through it or anything, but every single time i hear his name to open a chapter, i cringe. the last three have been the exact same thing; boo hoo i wish i could be a knight, boo hoo they're all looking at me, boo hoo i can't remember why my legs don't work, etc etc etc

every so often there's an interesting side story from lewin and it's good for fleshing out winterfell, but compared to the constant action and politics and scheming of the other characters, the cripple's a snoozefest. i know there's a lot to come but i pray it comes quick. i can't put up with any more of this.

last night's episode was great, probably the best of the season. agreed they spent too much time on jof's tormenting but i think all of that is just foreshadowing for the eventual showdown between him and tyrion. plus it had naked whores on screen so why complain? lol

casting for stannis is perfect, that actor's face is so forgettable it's almost sad, especially contrasting with renly. the ending... yeah. no idea but that seems to be the point. we knew the red witch had powers ever since she drank that poison wine (btw, the book's rendition of the maester's poisoning was waaaaay better).

ghost skeletons emerging from her v@g seems a bit much but im glad that stannis now has a real 'element' to wage his war. everybody else seems to have an x-factor, lannister's sit on the crown plus they have wealth, baby stark has his animorph wolf connection, renly's got his massive army, dany has her dragons. and greyjoy is a cunning prune who gets to attack while everybody else wages war down south. stannis seemed like the odd man out with no army or gold or anything. now he has...

the opening was great btw with the fart gag, i definitely lol'ed

and yeah, shame we didn't get to see snow but i guess that just means he'll be a feature for next week.

yea, Bran doesn't really get interesting until later on. even then, he's not compelling as tyrion, jon, dany, etc

Last edited by rezznor : 04-23-2012 at 08:51 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: