Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #1816
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
btw... king IN the north? wtf is that bs?

Back when Westeros was actually a combination of Seven Kingdoms-+1- the Starks held the Kingdom in the North so now they want to go back to the pre-targaryen conquer state of affairs.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #1817
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
yea, it is perfect...but it's gonna suck for people who don't know what happens next
They'll be rewarded for their patience at the end of the second half of the book/season 4
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #1818
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPippen
I've just heard that A Storm of Swords will possibly be split into 2 seasons. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

I wouldn't mind that, but if it's true, and they choose to the most pivotal event of Book 3 to divide the seasons (everyone who has read the books knows what I'm talking about), then that's just ****ing heartless.

Regardless, that scene is gonna simultaneously make millions of people shed tears, shit bricks, and blow minds.
It has always been my theory that they would have to split the book into two seasons eventually, but I would say the best course of action is to split it at say 70% then season 4 could pick up where they left and cover the whole AFFC. This way season 5 covers ADWD wholly plus the beginning of TWOW and so forth. HBO probably wants the whole thing finished in 6 seasons if Martin pulls off a miracle and manages to wrap everything up by the end of book 7.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #1819
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Back when Westeros was actually a combination of Seven Kingdoms-+1- the Starks held the Kingdom in the North so now they want to go back to the pre-targaryen conquer state of affairs.
lol, i know, but wasn't it 'king of the north' in the show? i watched that before i started reading and when i got to the 'king in the north' bit it sounded strange
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #1820
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
lol, i know, but wasn't it 'king of the north' in the show? i watched that before i started reading and when i got to the 'king in the north' bit it sounded strange
I recently reviewed season one and remember they said "King in the north"
Old 04-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #1821
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
I recently reviewed season one and remember they said "King in the north"
yeah? i must be misremembering then, i just know at the end of game of thrones (book) when they start chanting, the 'in' sounded really strange to me. maybe that's what they were saying in the show and i just heard 'of' because that's what i would've expected
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:15 AM   #1822
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
yea, they are dividing the next book. i'll be so pissed if they split it with the RW as a cliff hanger

Lmao that's exactly where they'll split it, it would be the most epic cliff hanger in the history of television I can also see.... *SPOILER ALERT* As an epilogue after the red wedding, Thanos and Dondarrion finding Catlyn and giving her the kiss of life, the last scene we see is Catelyns eyes opening up as she comes back to life.....roll credits *END SPOILER*
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:17 AM   #1823
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

And for the people talking about the shadow popping out of Melisandre's cooch is too much, come on now dragons.....

longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:46 AM   #1824
SuperPippen
What can I do for you?

SuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this board

The RW truly would be one of the greatest cliffhangers in dramatic television history.
SuperPippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:03 AM   #1825
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Lmao that's exactly where they'll split it, it would be the most epic cliff hanger in the history of television I can also see.... *SPOILER ALERT* [color="White"]snape kills melisandra
UnCat's introduction would be a GREAT epilogue!
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:07 AM   #1826
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
UnCat's introduction would be a GREAT epilogue!

I'm thinking that along with maybe a final scene of what they physically do to with 'parts' just to piss off the viewers even more.

However, seeing unCat is enough to piss me off.. I hate her in both incarnations

Last edited by Anti Hero : 04-24-2012 at 03:12 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #1827
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Not sure if BP'd but They killed his n*gga Ned
Old 04-24-2012, 11:11 PM   #1828
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Not sure if BP'd but They killed his n*gga Ned
Old 04-25-2012, 12:55 AM   #1829
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
For those of you that say that the show is boring well this is pretty much how Clash of Kings moves. It's Tyrion owning all of kings landing until the last 3/4 of the book where things really start to get interesting. In between there are some suprises, but the whole book is pretty much a setup for the final battle. I predict that by episode 4 or 5 people are gonna by like "whoa".

I really hope the Reeds are in the show, it would be stupid to disregard 2 major characters that are central to Bran's storyline.

Me too, two very important characters (and two of my favourites). But you have to think the Reeds have to show up at some point, if not season then next.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:22 AM   #1830
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragrant
Me too, two very important characters (and two of my favourites). But you have to think the Reeds have to show up at some point, if not season then next.
Bran won't have a story without the reeds. also, what really happened at summerhall will never be told with howland reed.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: