Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #1816
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
When does episode 8 air in USA?

In less than 2 hours.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #1817
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
In less than 2 hours.
Damn, I'll be asleep before i get to dl and watch. Guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow...
jamal99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:38 PM   #1818
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Good episode. Robb finally got to tap that.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #1819
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Anybody know if it's on Demonoid yet?
Its up already. About 5 torrents so far.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:33 AM   #1820
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Is book 4 really that bad? I see its only 3 stars on amazon.Still gonna get it because im almost done with book 3 which has been my favorite so far.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #1821
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
i have no problem saying the chick who plays arya will be a total hottie in bare minimum TWO YEARS,

What's the age of consent where you live?

Quote:
also; im unhappy jon is already with the wildlings in the show. (SLIGHT SPOILERS, WHITED CUZ I RESPECT DA FOLKS) Are we ever going to see Ygritte's tits?

There are several scenes in the last 2 episodes that are from book III and several that aren't in any of the books. I understand it to a degree because a lot of books II, IV and V don't flow as well episodically as I and III. Still I was expecting the scene you mention to be exactly like the book.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #1822
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Is book 4 really that bad? I see its only 3 stars on amazon.Still gonna get it because im almost done with book 3 which has been my favorite so far.

It has it's moments but I found it the most tedious to get through. Book III is my fave so far too.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #1823
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
i have no problem saying the chick who plays arya will be a total hottie in bare minimum TWO YEARS, might take as long as three but no more than that. you won't admit that, you're probably insecure about your own pedophilic urges

why does commenting on a clearly beautiful child automatically mean you want to kidnap them in a van and bend them over? its not like what she looks like now isn't a perfect indication of how she'll look when she's of age. jesus christ, same thing as racist implications, its usually the one making the call who actually has the unsettling thoughts in their mind.

also; im unhappy jon is already with the wildlings in the show. (SLIGHT SPOILERS, WHITED CUZ I RESPECT DA FOLKS) wtf? Jon Snow gets killed by Dumbledorf!!!

jesus where the hell is that draper/betty white gif from...

In reference to your spoiler:

I still see no reason why Jon Snow can't kill Quorin Halfhand. In the book he does it in front of Rattleshirt, after prodding from Halfhand to do it to prove to them that he's turned. And since Quorin is in captivity with him, it seems reasonable that they'll wisper their plan to each other, Jon will have his reservations, but go through with it. It always seemed that a large part of the Jon story was how it juxtaposed with Theon. Both sort of playing double agents, but one appearing far more noble than the other while doing it. Is it because we root for Jon's side more than Theon's? Is it because we know what each character was thinking, their motivations, and view Theon as selfish while Jon struggles with his choices, over Halfhand, then again over Ygritte, and where he stands on the Nightswatch? It's like it's purpose is to point out that the process is at least as important as the endgame.

Masie Williams who plays Arya will be an attractive woman someday. That actually became clear to me when they were trying to pass her off as a boy. Those big doe eyes are way to feminine.

I really enjoy what they've done with the Jeyne Westerling character. She's way way more appealing here than she is in the books. It really makes it seem like Robb just couldn't help it. She's just too ... awesome, I suppose. It doesn't hurt that Groucho Marx's granddaughter is smoking hot either I guess, but it's much more than that. I still find it odd that she's not a Westerling. It always seemed of some import that she was a highborn lady, albeit to a minor family, that was traditionally loyal to the Lannister's.

When Jamie is taunting Brienne, he says there are two, maybe three men in the entire kingdom who would stand a chance against him in fair single combat. Who do you reckon he was implying? Barriston Selmy, seems like a lock? Loras, who we know he's lost to in tournaments? Maybe The Mountain?

I felt it was important they throw in that small bit with Stannis last night. They had sort of lost him in the shuffle for a few weeks and it was important to move him back into the picture before he steps to the forefront again.

Weird that they cut out all of Tyrion's sneaking to Shea that led up to the capture of the whore, who wasn't the one they showed last night. That sort of reinforced his relationship with Varys.

I can't even remember where Haranhall stands with the books at this point. I look forward to seeing Dondarrion, The Red Priest, Lem, and the bard.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #1824
Thorpesaurous

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
It has it's moments but I found it the most tedious to get through. Book III is my fave so far too.

I think because I read book IV as a part of one giant sequence, it didn't bother me as much as it did others. I can see where if you'd been reading the series as it came out, and had built up all this tension waiting to find out to all these characters you'd now created a bond with, and then they essentially disappear for 500 plus pages, I wouldn't be too happy.

But because I read the whole series in one shot, it almost felt like a bit of a fleshing out. I especially liked all the Dornish stuff. I wasn't fond of the Sam stuff, and it's definitely just not as good a read top to bottom. In addition, it doesn't provide the closure one would be hoping for from book III, in fact the big stuff from III just sort falls off the face of the earth a bit. But it is essential to the overall story because of what it tells about the Dornish's background.

For me III is the best book because it has the best moment in the series. And it's good otherwise to boot.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #1825
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
It doesn't hurt that Groucho Marx's granddaughter is smoking hot either

She's Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter. And yes she's quite hot.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #1826
bballnoob
Local High School Star

Agree on how the Westerling character is better portrayed in the show than the book (IIRC it was presented from Cat's POV which doesn't really leads the reader to sympathize with Robb's decision).

Kind of disappointed to see the weasel soup situation and Jaquen's coin being left out but hopefully it leads to the meeting of Beric being presented more quickly.

Glad to see the Jaime storyline starting to progress. The actor playing him really seems talented (the show absolutely nailed the casting of every Lannister) so it's nice that he's becoming more of a focal point.

This season has really had a feel similar to The Wire in the lack of a real central character but still managing to do good job creating characters from each angle that you can sympathize with (except Catelyn ). Even the references to "the game" are giving me flashbacks.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #1827
Thorpesaurous

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
Agree on how the Westerling character is better portrayed in the show than the book (IIRC it was presented from Cat's POV which doesn't really leads the reader to sympathize with Robb's decision).

Kind of disappointed to see the weasel soup situation and Jaquen's coin being left out but hopefully it leads to the meeting of Beric being presented more quickly.

Glad to see the Jaime storyline starting to progress. The actor playing him really seems talented (the show absolutely nailed the casting of every Lannister) so it's nice that he's becoming more of a focal point.

This season has really had a feel similar to The Wire in the lack of a real central character but still managing to do good job creating characters from each angle that you can sympathize with (except Catelyn ). Even the references to "the game" are giving me flashbacks.

Yeah, really disappointed to lose The Weasel sequence. Frankly I wasn't even sure where it fit in anymore I'm so confused over who's where in Haranhall. Don't they need to re-establish Haranhall for Brienne and Jamie ... they can't leave that out I wouldn't think.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #1828
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

[quote=Thorpesaurous]Yeah, really disappointed to lose The Weasel sequence. Frankly I wasn't even sure where it fit in anymore I'm so confused over who's where in Haranhall. Don't they need to re-establish Haranhall for

I would think: they'd at least have a scene of someone fighting a bear in a pit before it happens to Brienne.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #1829
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
W/Tywin leaving they'll probably just have Roose and his forces come and take over. Either at the end of this season or the beginning of next.

Spoiler
Special guest appearance by Clay Aiken! /Spoiler

Has Ramsay made an appearance yet?
Old 05-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #1830
rezznor
Nosetradamus

http://teamcoco.com/content/the-only...u-ll-ever-need
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: