Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #1831
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

i really feel the last few episodes have mostly been boring...like everything trying to develop without anything really occurring. i keep waiting for a culmination of events, but its like constant development from episode to episode where it feels thats all i've watched in the last three. i was hoping Jon Snow was finally going to be involved in something but just more of the same yappin with another dude while being prisoner now. last episode it was sort of in reverse with him yappin to the girl they caught.

i thought the first episode for this year was epic, but it seems the show has gradually gone downhill from there. Just so much stuff seems to take forever to develop into something. i would've swron i'd see Daenyrs go into the Warlocks tower or whatever its called this episode but its still more yappin about it

i like most of Tyrions scenes tho, for some reason even if he's just yappin its interesting because he's so clever. and now that Tywin left with no more Arya/Tywin dynamics anymore, i really hope they start going somewhere and stuff happens with these events the last few episodes
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #1832
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #1833
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
i would've swron i'd see Daenyrs go into the Warlocks tower or whatever its called this episode but its still more yappin about it

Yeah they are dragging that out. She's not getting the best dialogue either:

"Where are my dragons?"
"I want my dragons!"
"Find my dragons!"
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #1834
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

"Where are my dragons?"
"I want my dragons!"
"Find my dragons!"
her character stinks in the show imo, inconsistent, whiny, constant devil's advocacy to portray how 'bold' and 'confidant' shes become, etc

not impressed... tho im finding a lot more characters flimsy like cardboard in the show now that i've read the books, which i guess is somewhat of a universal phenomenon lol
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #1835
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Cant wait for next weeks episode....Blackwater....and Dany hopefully finnally makes it to the House of the Undying.

SPOILER QUESTIONS

Will Rhaeger be in the visions. If so...who's going to play him.Also...what are they going to do about Tyrion's nose?I have a feeling it wont be cut in half for convience with make-up. I think he'll just wind up being stabbed

/
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #1836
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

"Where are my dragons?"
"I want my dragons!"
"Find my dragons!"
yeah, even in the books dany was always the most annoying main character for me. i really don't give a shit about her.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #1837
rezznor
Nosetradamus

bano:

I'm not sure they will do anything about his nose. remember, in the books he is already hideous and has mismatched color eyes. if they won't even put him in contacts for the show, i doubt they will make him put on prosthetics for the rest of the series.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #1838
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
i like most of Tyrions scenes tho, for some reason even if he's just yappin its interesting because he's so clever. and now that Tywin left with no more Arya/Tywin dynamics anymore, i really hope they start going somewhere and stuff happens with these events the last few episodes

Supposedly the next episode is when shit goes down.

jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #1839
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
I just watched it few minutes ago. Looks like some major stuff is going down, seems like almost all previous episodes were build up for this battle. They hired Neil Marshall (Dog Soldiers, Centurion) to direct this episode because he seems to make the most of the budget. Hope he did a good job...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #1840
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist

never thought of that theon/snow comparison before thorpe, i guess they are the outcasts of the stark clan though. interesting. (spoilers? might as well white em out). i actually garnered a ton of sympathy for theon reading the books. every time his face popped up in the midst of his attack on winterfell while watching the show with friends, they'd call him a d*uche or an assface or w/e and i'd have to play d.a. and defend him. and its not easy to feel sorry, his FATHER gives him away, rejects him as a son 10 years later, and invests all of his fatherly love and trust into his FRICKIN SISTER, and not in todays semi-sexually equal world but in male dominated bend-the-fk-over-whore WESTEROS. how would you feel going home expecting to be made lawful heir?

meanwhile snow's up his own ass with the honour he gets from taking vows which specifically renounce the most important aspects of honour

jk i still like snow

question: in the third book, like right off the bat, martin transitions a main character into a new role of POV character... this is in the first chapter, you guys should know who i'm talking about. for people who are done up to book five, does he keep doing this or are the new POV characters usually completely new to the story? i like his taking fmailiar characters and giving them new dimensions quite a bit, especially the one mentioned above
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #1841
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs

question: in the third book, like right off the bat, martin transitions a main character into a new role of POV character... this is in the first chapter, you guys should know who i'm talking about. for people who are done up to book five, does he keep doing this or are the new POV characters usually completely new to the story? i like his taking fmailiar characters and giving them new dimensions quite a bit, especially the one mentioned above

I actually don't recall who you're talking about in book three, because frankly I read them all in sequence and the line from book to book is very blurry for me.

But I can say that in Book four there are a ton of characters that enter the Perspective mix, many of whom are new, but a bunch who are well established characters who all of a sudden have their own perspectives. One in particular I can think of.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #1842
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
yeah, even in the books dany was always the most annoying main character for me. i really don't give a shit about her.

I see your Dany and raise you Sansa Stark....
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #1843
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I actually don't recall who you're talking about in book three, because frankly I read them all in sequence and the line from book to book is very blurry for me.

But I can say that in Book four there are a ton of characters that enter the Perspective mix, many of whom are new, but a bunch who are well established characters who all of a sudden have their own perspectives. One in particular I can think of.

He's talking about Jaime. And yes there are a few main characters that get their own POV as the books go on, actually to be honest a lot of them do. Some you wouldn't really expect too.

As far as the show I really hate what they're doing with Jon's storyline. The way they did it in the books makes way more sense since *SPOILER* There is no question where Jon's allegiances lie. He goes undercover at the urging of half hand while in the show I have a feeling Jon's just gonna snap and protect himself n kill half hand and people will be like wtf *SPOILER
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:49 PM   #1844
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
You're both wrong... Especially you LL.. C'mon those chapters in AFFC with Littlefinger were fantastic. Or maybe I am just a Littlefinger Stan.

Anyhow, I see your Dany and your Sansa and raise you Catelyn.
I see your bag of bitches.. And raise you a: who the fukk can care about Briene?..smh..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #1845
ZeN
Stormblessed

Quote:
That's a pretty good one.. What's Briene doing, oh she's wandering around.. Now what is she doing... still wandering around.. okay okay but what is she doing now... still wandering around.. and then her final chapter.. if she gets one of my favorite characters killed... I am gonna be soooo mad at her.
QFT
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: