Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-25-2012, 03:15 AM   #1831
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Season 2 is pretty weak. Ten episodes is way too little considering book 2 is about 1/3rd longer than book 1. Not to mention I can't stand what they need to Renly in the tv series. They made him such a homosexual stereotype. Renly in the novel would never have went OMG BLOOD!? like he did in season 1. They they made him such a ****ing p.ussy in the tv series. Oh well that won't matter much longer.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:14 AM   #1832
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just got to the part where Brann meets the reeds in the book.

Im starting to feel like i should stop reading it since the show is going on but at the same time i keep wanting to know more and continue reading.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #1833
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
Season 2 is pretty weak. Ten episodes is way too little considering book 2 is about 1/3rd longer than book 1. Not to mention I can't stand what they need to Renly in the tv series. They made him such a homosexual stereotype. Renly in the novel would never have went OMG BLOOD!? like he did in season 1. They they made him such a ****ing p.ussy in the tv series. Oh well that won't matter much longer.

Actually, while the gay scenes aren't in the book, I do recall the part when Renly was hunting w/ Robert & Co., and Robert basically implying that Renly was a sissy. I might be remembering wrong but I think that part was in the book. Renly was supposed to be less than manly.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #1834
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Not sure if BP'd but They killed his n*gga Ned
lol yea I saw that after the episode was aired last season since it's become an entertaining hobby for me to see how people who have not read the books react to the story.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #1835
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
Actually, while the gay scenes aren't in the book, I do recall the part when Renly was hunting w/ Robert & Co., and Robert basically implying that Renly was a sissy. I might be remembering wrong but I think that part was in the book. Renly was supposed to be less than manly.
Renly was a sissy going by Robert friggin Baratheon's standards, there are some clues in the books that suggest Renly was gay e.g. The Rainbow Guard and the Loras Tyrell/Sansa scene. But making it so public that commoners make jokes about it def pushing it too far.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #1836
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
i know there's a lot to come but i pray it comes quick. i can't put up with any more of this.

I felt this way pretty much through all of AFFC.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #1837
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Preview for next weeks episode
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #1838
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
I just got to the part where Brann meets the reeds in the book.

Im starting to feel like i should stop reading it since the show is going on but at the same time i keep wanting to know more and continue reading.
lol we're stride for stride right now. that was the first interesting bran chapter of the whole book so far and i'm almost halfway through. i love the dialogue between bran and the reed 'green seer', the reed kid is so methodical with his prodding.

you're only going to keep reading as far as the show has progressed? that's crazy, the reason i started reading the books in the first place was so that i didn't have to wait seven years to see the story unfold completely.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #1839
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Never seen that before. Hilarity
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #1840
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
lol we're stride for stride right now. that was the first interesting bran chapter of the whole book so far and i'm almost halfway through. i love the dialogue between bran and the reed 'green seer', the reed kid is so methodical with his prodding.

you're only going to keep reading as far as the show has progressed? that's crazy, the reason i started reading the books in the first place was so that i didn't have to wait seven years to see the story unfold completely.

You may be disappointed, because the last book may not make it out until the final season is just about to air.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #1841
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
You may be disappointed, because the last book may not make it out until the final season is just about to air.
that's a bummer but i can wait it out if the author hasn't even written the ending yet, i've done it with a bunch of series and eventually you just forget about the final release date until a month before it comes. but with four more books already out and spoilers just waiting to pounce on me... that's my rationale anyway.

plus i haven't read a good series like this where you get heavily invested in an entire universe probably since hp or maybe some of those sw extended universe books. and these novels are clearly on a different level than those.

@ "dey... dey jus killt larry ni66a ned..."
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #1842
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I was watching a couple of his interviews and he basically said the same thing. That he CAN write 1000 pages in a year.. but it's not normal for him. That would be considered a good year. And he wants to keep writing other books/short stories too.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #1843
SuperPippen
What can I do for you?

SuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this board

Quote:

I wonder how they're gonna react after seeing the RW.
SuperPippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #1844
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I was watching a couple of his interviews and he basically said the same thing. That he CAN write 1000 pages in a year.. but it's not normal for him. That would be considered a good year. And he wants to keep writing other books/short stories too.

Who gives a shit what that asshole wants ... tell him to write my book.

Actually, my fear is that the authoring of this book gets tied to the tv show's production.
They'll probably try to release the final book somehow tied into the release of the corresponding season. And worse yet would be if the network somehow started nosing their way into the writing of the book.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #1845
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Who gives a shit what that asshole wants ... tell him to write my book.

Actually, my fear is that the authoring of this book gets tied to the tv show's production.
They'll probably try to release the final book somehow tied into the release of the corresponding season. And worse yet would be if the network somehow started nosing their way into the writing of the book.

I don't think that will happen.. They don't have control over his books but they do have control over what gets put on air. What you are saying could happen but I doubt he would do that, having had this story in his dome for however many years (well before he started actually writing and sold the first book in '96). He says he likes writing books because he can put in them what he can't on air... so I am hoping at least he sticks with it.

But I am with you, f*ck all those other books and stories, pump this series out! And then write a prequel book about Roberts Rebellion!! (He said he won't because he's going to give us all that with the final books and started from early on in AGoT, I don't care though I still want a dedicated book or tv show or cartoon or flipbook... something!)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: