Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #181
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypox
Spoiler?
i just skimmed through the thread twice but i have no idea what i was responding to.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:22 PM   #182
monkeypox
National High School Star

monkeypox has a terrific reputationmonkeypox has a terrific reputationmonkeypox has a terrific reputationmonkeypox has a terrific reputationmonkeypox has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki

I disagree still on the Lady Stark taking the imp, more the way they portrayed it like she couldn't be seen. I don't really get that, like she isn't allowed to leave her keep? even with a made up excuse of maybe visiting friends where she grew up? It just seemed sort of odd to me how that all unfolded.

It sort of goes along with everyone thinking Arya is a boy. Modern sensibilities say that it's no big deal to see someone's wife far away from home or a girl to run around in pants and be dirty like that. But think about even the united states not that long ago. If a man saw someone wearing pants from behind he'd probably assume it was a man. Sort of like how Hank Hill thinks only women should have long hair or whatever.

It was a rash move to take Tyrion for sure, but she was in genuine danger based on the information she had. You saw how the barmaid almost crapped her pants and tried to curtsy when she found out Lady Stark was in her joint. (She even says the last time she was there she was still just a Tully.) It's a huge deal, and word is going to spread in general not to mention Tyrion the head conspirator now knowing she's sneaking around.

If she takes Tyrion she figures 1. slows word getting back (in the book I think she actually tells everyone in the inn not to spread word) 2. she now has her prime suspect already in custody and 3. she now has a hostage to keep the Lannisters from trying to kill anyone important to her.

Someone tried to already kill her crippled son and she's pretty sure it was Tryion Lannister. From her perspective the shit has already gone down and the Lannisters have made their move so she's making her move. From our perspective it seems bad because it seems like everyone could have just left the inn happy and none of this would have started.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:24 PM   #183
monkeypox
National High School Star

monkeypox has a terrific reputationmonkeypox has a terrific reputationmonkeypox has a terrific reputationmonkeypox has a terrific reputationmonkeypox has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
i just skimmed through the thread twice but i have no idea what i was responding to.

Post #170 to be specific. I'm pretty sure that hasn't been revealed yet.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:28 PM   #184
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypox
Post #170 to be specific. I'm pretty sure that hasn't been revealed yet.
ahh gotcha. your right it hasn't been revealed yet. my bad.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:56 PM   #185
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like the Borgias, but I LOVE Game of Thrones. What an episode.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:33 AM   #186
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ending = Fatality
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:40 AM   #187
al814
Can barely lace up my sneakers

al814 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Ending = Fatality

It was pretty badass. Can't wait, things are definitely set in motion.
al814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:19 AM   #188
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love how every good line from the novel is brought out in the episodes.. Thats the reason why Tyron is such a great hilarious character. All his best material is displayed without much of the extra dialog found in the book. Despite the 'cliff-note' translation from book to show, it still hits all the major points and fully reveals all the needed characterization. Even when they change things, it all remains in accordance with the overall essence of the Ice and Fire story.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #189
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Great episode.

I'm plugging away through the book(s). I'm somewhere in the 150 page range of the first book, which means I'm right about where the show is at the moment, at least on a lot of the story archs. I find the reading goes pretty well having a face to associate with most characters.

I'm surprised at how close to the books the story has been so far. Except for a few minor changes, it's been pretty true. Some things have been watered down, like the relationship with the wolves, particularly Jon Snow's, but for me there's been enough there to introduce them when the need arrives.

I'm still a little surprised I was able to flat out pick up on that big twist a month ago after like episode two. It was much easier to notice visually than in the books I think.

Shit is definitely starting to hit the fan. I did not sign onto HBO go to check out next weeks episode. Not yet anyway.
Good layout by the way for that gimmick, because with this coming weekend being a long one, Sunday night may not be as TV centric as it often is.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #190
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Can someone post a picture or a youtube of the Dragon Skull? I missed it like a dumbass missing 2 minutes of that episode and not rewinding.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #191
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Can someone post a picture or a youtube of the Dragon Skull? I missed it like a dumbass missing 2 minutes of that episode and not rewinding.

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #192
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Anyone know what's up with PirateBay? Haven't been able to access them now for a few days. Thus, No Game of Thrones for me.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #193
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Anyone know what's up with PirateBay? Haven't been able to access them now for a few days. Thus, No Game of Thrones for me.
http://www.icefilms.info/ip.php?v=133236&
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #194
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Whoa...
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #195
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
It's been down for me as well.use kick ass torrents
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: