Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #2206
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Oh and I wouldnt imagine the dragons will ever do anything unless they make the movie go many years in the future. The dragons can live to be like 200. I doubt they are grown in 2-3 years. Just...bigger.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #2207
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
The hound isnt loyal to anyone. He was one of Roberts guards and he knows Joffrey isnt the real king like everyone else does. He just likes to kill people. He left the battle because hes afraid of fire. His brother put his face in a fire when they were kids remember? The only time he looked afraid all series was when the guy ran up on him burning and then he looked around at the water/people burning and left.

Also...

The Red Wedding was spoiled here for me like a year ago(and I curse the spoiler to my last day). Any chance thats the season finale? I read that some events that happened this season are from the 3rd book like Cat letting Jaime go.

So...should I go in expecting that?

Be a hell of a finale.

I would think that would be the climactic scene of next season.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #2208
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I would think that would be the climactic scene of next season.

I heard they're gonna split the third book into two seasons.
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #2209
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Didnt Tywin say he was giving jamie half their forces in the first season and that it was 60 thousand men?
In the show as I said they have increased the numbers, 60K is Lannisters' army at full strength i.e. that is including all their bannermen.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #2210
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The hound isnt loyal to anyone. He was one of Roberts guards and he knows Joffrey isnt the real king like everyone else does. He just likes to kill people. He left the battle because hes afraid of fire. His brother put his face in a fire when they were kids remember? The only time he looked afraid all series was when the guy ran up on him burning and then he looked around at the water/people burning and left.

Also...

The Red Wedding was spoiled here for me like a year ago(and I curse the spoiler to my last day). Any chance thats the season finale? I read that some events that happened this season are from the 3rd book like Cat letting Jaime go.

So...should I go in expecting that?

Be a hell of a finale.
The Hound left his home when his brother inherited House Clegane, he joined House Lannister and served under Tywin who then ordered Sandor to act as a personal bodyguard to Joffrey. He despises Knights, due to the fact that his ****ed up brother became one, so he was never an official member of Jofferey's Kingsguard.
The finale is named "Valar Morghulis" which makes me believe the finale is gonna be badass. And in case you meant that specific incident you were spoiled to could be included in the finale, I assure you it wont be featured as it is too early for that. My estimate is that it will be the main theme of Season 3 finale.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #2211
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Also...

The Red Wedding was spoiled here for me like a year ago(and I curse the spoiler to my last day). Any chance thats the season finale? I read that some events that happened this season are from the 3rd book like Cat letting Jaime go.So...should I go in expecting that?
Be a hell of a finale.

Well um thanks for mentioning that. WTF is the Red Wedding, and why the hell did you have to mention it?
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #2212
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wouldnt have mentioned it at all if it hadn ot already been done and referenced several times. But im not just gonna say what it is now and spoil it for you.

Trust me...knowing what it is will probably ruin what would otherwise have been one of the biggest "OMG!" moments in tv history. I didnt have a choice in the matter. You do. Choose to not look into it.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #2213
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

All right.

I felt that was exceptionally well done. I do have a few book items I wish they had included. The big one for me being Tyrion's giant chain. It added an extra dimension to that siege defense. And it since the wildfire was something Tyrion refined, it was really more Cersie's idea, so the chain really helps to play up Tyrion's importance in the battle.

I don't recall exactly, but shouldn't Sansa be developing her relationship with Ser Dantos already.

The Renly's ghost thing was something that I had hoped would be played up a lot more, and I guess by a lot more, I mean even at all, but it's not really that critical an issue.

On the good side. The battle itself was excellently done even in the way they limited the scope. And the wildfire sequence was spectacular. I loved the way they had the people on shore recoil to really give you a sense of just how intense the heat is supposed to be.
Once again Tyrion was spectacular. Just a great character that without Peter Dinklage this show isn't even producable it would seem.
And Lena Headly's Cersie is spectacular as well. Drunken rambling Cersie tormenting Sansa was great. And frankly the show has twisted her in a few ways that I think I like even more than the book, and honestly think will pay off even better as things go down the road they're going. She's got a Cruella DeVille level of evilness, but she still shows edges of genuine vulnerability, and seems like a deeply damaged human being in ways that make her seem more sympathetic than she does in the book ... at least up to this point.

Stannis being at the breach I know is something that is a variation on the book, but I actually liked it. It really is relatable to his character long term.

One of the things that I don't think is that important, but worth pointing out, is that Tyrion's squire, Podrick, who was given very little play up until his big moment last night, is actually the son of Ser Illyn Payne, the tongueless creepy headsman that Cersie had in the keep last night to keep the raping to a minimum should it come to that. They mentioned Pod last week when Cersie and Tyrion had the scene with the whore together, and it struck me that that was pretty much the first time they had mentioned him, and he was going to be of some importance. And while he doesn't have a huge role, he does progress.

One of the weird things about watching the show after having read the books is knowing what's going to happen with characters, I find myself really hoping so and so can act, because some characters may seem like they just fit a role because they fill out armour well, or seem to have some choreography in fights, or whatever the reason, and I'm thinking this guy better have some chops because he's got a lot left to do if this is gonna work.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #2214
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I wouldnt have mentioned it at all if it hadn ot already been done and referenced several times. But im not just gonna say what it is now and spoil it for you.

Trust me...knowing what it is will probably ruin what would otherwise have been one of the biggest "OMG!" moments in tv history. I didnt have a choice in the matter. You do. Choose to not look into it.

Ok right, thanks for the added anticipation. I probably should try and avoid this thread from now on.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #2215
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
Well um thanks for mentioning that. WTF is the Red Wedding, and why the hell did you have to mention it?

Don't ask it is a spoiler and it has to do with next season not this season.

I wish I never knew it as well.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #2216
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #2217
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
Ok right, thanks for the added anticipation. I probably should try and avoid this thread from now on.
It got spoiled for me also.. but I am one of those that didn't really mind spoilers. This is one of the few that I wish I did not seek out.

Whatever you do.... DON'T PRESS THE RED BUTTON!
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #2218
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The urge to spill the beans on something like this is like when I was a kid and would imagine what would happen if i just started screaming obscenities in church. I never did it but the idea was intriguing.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #2219
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Question I wanted to ask multiple times but never did. What's the deal with that shadow demon who killed Renly? I mean, was it one use only or what's real cost of using black magic like that? It can't be that simple, make a demon who will kill leader of enemies army...
it is explained better in the book. the shadow is used twice, but it takes a terrible toll on Stannis, that's why it is not used more. It sucks the life out of him.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #2220
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

FatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFatComputerNerd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Im wondering why Tyrion's chain was totally left out
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: