Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #211
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

continued

Quote:
Meanwhile, there are the Starks, who continue to blunder deeper into trouble, both in King's Landing and in Winterfell. Ned Stark kind of, sort of, wakes up from the delirium after his horrible leg wound to see the King and Queen standing over his bedside, pissed at him for his wife's actions in seizing Tyrion. The King points out what Ned should already know: he's up to his royal eyeballs in debt to the Lannisters, and can't pick a fight with them. The King browbeats Ned into resuming his duties as Hand of the King, before going off on a hunt, because "Killing things clears my head."

Now that he's Hand of the King again, Ned takes the King's "don't piss off the Lannisters" injunction to heart for about five minutes. When he hears of a poor village being pillaged and destroyed by a knight who bears an uncanny resemblance to Ser Gregor Clegane the poor loser at the jousting last week Ned decides that the Lannisters must be behind this outrage, and sends Ser Beric Dondarrion to deal with Ser Gregor. He also orders the head of the Lannister family, Tywin Lannister, to come to court and answer for his crimes.

And then Ned finally figures out the secret that cost the previous Hand of the King his life, and cost his son Bran the use of his legs the heir apparent, Joffrey, and the other royal kids have blond hair, when every other member of the Baratheon line, going back centuries, has had black hair. And the King's bastards all have black hair. It's a dominant trait or, as the previous Hand put it, "the seed is strong." Ned also, way too late in the game, decides to get his daughters Arya and Sansa out of King's Landing before the hostilities heat up any more.

What would Viserys do in this situation? Probably behead everybody involved, until he's sure there are no more potentially troublesome heads still attached. Because Viserys doesn't do subtle.

The Stark kids, meanwhile, are finding more and more reasons to want to stay in King's Landing. Arya is learning more than just swordplay from her tutor, Illyrio she's learning philosophy, and a way of putting her troubles out of her mind so she can be the ultimate swordswoman. Sansa in an absolutely brilliant scene acts bratty towards her poor Septa Mordane, until Joffrey Bieber shows up and apologizes for being such a total shitbag since the whole "wolf bite" incident on the road. And gives her a nice necklace, because she'll be queen one day.

Back in Winterfell, meanwhile, the eldest Stark child, Robb, tries to figure out what to do about the Lannisters maiming his dad and killing his father's men. And Theon Greyjoy suggests taking up arms and fighting back but Robb reminds Theon that this isn't really his house, the umpteenth time someone has rubbed Theon's nose in that fact lately. Poor Theon can't even convince his favorite sex worker, Ros, to stick around. (She does flash him one last time, though.)

Bran finally has his fancy saddle, allowing him to ride his horse despite his injury and the first thing he does is to ride off into the deep woods on his own, where a group of marauding wildlings nearly captures him. Robb and Theon take care of these raiders, but leave one of them, a woman, alive in exchange for her promises of fealty.

Full size
But since we're on the subject of "What would Viserys do?" and it's sadly our last chance to imagine how Viserys would handle the many tricky situations that these characters face it's important to compare Viserys to the man whose throne he wants: King Robert. Who makes some very dodgy choices this time around. King Robert puts the man whose wife arrested his wife's brother back in charge, and tells him to sit on the throne while he's off slaying beasts. And then he traipses off into the forest with his youngest brother Renly, Ser Barristan Selmy and his squire, Lancel Lannister two out of three of whom would happily spit on his corpse. Then he proceeds to make himself as obnoxious as possible, reminiscing about the women he's ****ed and the people he's killed, while staggering around the forest with an enormous spear.

King Robert, at least, understand that governing means compromises and that you have to pick who to trust. Ned, the brother Robert chose, is the only person Robert can leave to govern in his stead. And yet, Robert can't take Ned's side in his burgeoning feud against the Lannisters. He knows that if the Starks and Lannisters come to blows, the realm will be torn apart, and his only answer is to put Ned in a position of authority, where he may have to behave with restraint. Of course, it doesn't really turn out that way.

So what would Viserys do, in Robert's place? I'm guessing there would be a lot of meaningless threats and specious arguments that's apparently what you get when you wake the dragon.

Poor Viserys. At least he'll always be king in our hearts.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #212
Saintsfan1992
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
There is a guy like that in the NBA....

One other thing, when the woman told him that he didn't fight with honor, was she referring to him throwing stuff, him running around or him killing a defeated man? Because the fight seemed fine considering he had no head armor and shield.

Great show by the way

I would like to see more of Aria and her lessons. jon snow and his right hand man big softy, I would also Like to see what the hell everyone is so scared of on the other side of the wall.

Last edited by Saintsfan1992 : 05-23-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Saintsfan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:10 PM   #213
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintsfan1992

Great show by the way

I would like to see more of Aria and her lessons. jon snow and his right hand man big softy, I would also Like to see what the hell everyone is so scared on
the other side of the wall

episode one, scene one is a great example. The crazy things not really human or normal animal...

big softy
I like that name for him
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #214
Saintsfan1992
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
episode one, scene one is a great example. The crazy things not really human or normal animal...

big softy
I like that name for him

Yea I remember that part.
I think I remember that ****er was fast
Old 05-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #215
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

I just watched episode 7, and omfg...wow.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #216
Saintsfan1992
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot

ILL wait til sunday
Old 05-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #217
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot

Likewise, and I agree.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:26 PM   #218
plat1numX
!dennaB

only bad thing about episode 7 was the dick flopping around
plat1numX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:46 PM   #219
dunksby
NBA Superstar

You are making a mistake by post-ponying watching Episode 7.
dunksby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:58 PM   #220
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Is the Imp from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory? Newer version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plat1numX
only bad thing about episode 7 was the dick flopping around

You're a homo for pointing it out

Last edited by GOBB : 05-23-2011 at 11:04 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:07 PM   #221
plat1numX
!dennaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Is the Imp from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory? Newer version.

You're a homo for pointing it out

yeh I saw that edit you closet homo...

Is the NBA think b4 you speak campaign not getting through to you?

www.thinkb4youspeak.com
Old 05-23-2011, 11:19 PM   #222
Saintsfan1992
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
You are making a mistake by post-ponying watching Episode 7.

No im not. HD plus 60 inch = win
Old 05-23-2011, 11:45 PM   #223
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by plat1numX
yeh I saw that edit you closet homo...

Is the NBA think b4 you speak campaign not getting through to you?

www.thinkb4youspeak.com

How about you apply thinkb4youspeak? Otherwise you wouldnt tell a board of males about flopping schlongs you saw.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:52 PM   #224
plat1numX
!dennaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
How about you apply thinkb4youspeak? Otherwise you wouldnt tell a board of males about flopping schlongs you saw.

Nah i dont believe in thinkb4youspeak as you can probably tell

Plus the flopping dick was pretty much the centre of that scene
Old 05-24-2011, 03:05 AM   #225
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

End of episode 7 pissed me off
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: