Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #211
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

From what I've been led to believe, all the stuff you guys are talking about fleshes out over the life of the books, to the point where you get to see these families span a generation. The question is will the show get the ratings long enough for them to keep picking it up and making new ones to get through all the books.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:06 PM   #212
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cangri
So that's the reason she can't get burned while her brother can?
her not being burned was a special event, it's not really explained why she didn't burn this time, but george martin has clarified that she is normally no more immune to fire then anyone else.. her brother is human, just like she is. some of her ancestors were a bit crazy and thought they were immune to fire and ended up dieing when they tried to hatch dragons.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:06 PM   #213
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
Aria's my favorite character, especially when she mocks her sister for wanting to get married and have kids. she just looks at her like she's retarded. i wish she were the focus of the story, too bad.

I agree with you all i hate Jaime Lannister too but i swear its more the actor playiing him that seems so out of place. He's way too clean and doesn't fit with the rest of the cast, granted he should look richer and more polished than the others, problem is he looks like a Knight out of a Disney movie than anywhere close to the knights in GoT. And like i said before i really hold the Married with Children aspect against him and i can't make it go away no matter how much i try when he's on screen.

Neds the biggest dumbass to me, and his wife. It drives me crazy watching these 2 idiots create their own problems.

i like the dwarf and Jon Snow too. Thats about all i like and if they all died i'd stop watching.

thats so true!!! Now that I think about it he looks like the guy who played in Shrek, the guy who tried to get Shrek's girl. Its a cartoon but still.

Yea man, I have many fav characters, I guess its the show drawing me in. Aria is dope and Jon is cool too.

And Ned is probably my fav due to his "honor" and such, and that does cause more trouble for himself so I get what you mean. His wife looks like E.T. to me, I bet his bastard's mom was hot as hell.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:09 PM   #214
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Any idea over how many years the series will span? I'm curious what Stark's youngest daughter will be like if she becomes legit with the sword.
there was supposed to be a 5 year gap between the last set of books and the new ones coming out but george martin had a hard time making it work. i'm not sure how he resolved it. he admitted that he should have made the children older to start off with. (arya is like 11 or 12 and rob and john are around 16 at the beginning of the books) the hbo series aged them a bit which works better.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #215
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
Aria's my favorite character, especially when she mocks her sister for wanting to get married and have kids. she just looks at her like she's retarded. i wish she were the focus of the story, too bad.

I agree with you all i hate Jaime Lannister too but i swear its more the actor playiing him that seems so out of place. He's way too clean and doesn't fit with the rest of the cast, granted he should look richer and more polished than the others, problem is he looks like a Knight out of a Disney movie than anywhere close to the knights in GoT. And like i said before i really hold the Married with Children aspect against him and i can't make it go away no matter how much i try when he's on screen.

Neds the biggest dumbass to me, and his wife. It drives me crazy watching these 2 idiots create their own problems.

i like the dwarf and Jon Snow too. Thats about all i like and if they all died i'd stop watching.

that's actually how he is supposed to look like. hes a pretty boy and a "knight out of the songs". him and Loras are supposed to be very good looking (loras is gay though)
Old 05-23-2011, 03:11 PM   #216
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
From what I've been led to believe, all the stuff you guys are talking about fleshes out over the life of the books, to the point where you get to see these families span a generation. The question is will the show get the ratings long enough for them to keep picking it up and making new ones to get through all the books.

Im sure they will try to make the story parallell the books. I hope they make this show last some, expecially if it stays so compelling like it is now.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:14 PM   #217
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
Yes the Imp is pretty priceless.
He is crooked but he gives Bran the drawing for the saddle so he can ride and be "normal," he's hard to peg... he can be an idiot one day and so cool the next

Jaime is a chump! But he is a good fighter, I hope there is a massive fight scene soon.

I wonder if we will ever meet daddy Lannister? The rich guy, I always thought he was dead but they talk about him like he is alive?

the imp is not really crooked. he is actually one of the more moral characters in the story. he does his family duty as a lannister so you make think he is bad. he gets alot of hate from others and even his own family because he is a dwarf. he is misunderstood by almost everyone.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #218
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The imp has the best quotable lines...had me crying when he was confessing his crimes. Skeeting in someones oatmeal.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #219
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

So...a criminal can be free if his champion beat the state's champion? That makes no sense whatsoever.

But I suppose they need to establish that the little imp's very cunning.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #220
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
The imp has the best quotable lines...had me crying when he was confessing his crimes. Skeeting in someones oatmeal.

top 3 characters are the imp, john snow, and arya hands down
Old 05-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #221
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
So...a criminal can be free if his champion beat the state's champion? That makes no sense whatsoever.

But I suppose they need to establish that the little imp's very cunning.

it's trial by combat. they are basically saying if God deems you innocent then he would let you win. it was a legit form of justice back in the day

Quote:
Trial by combat (also wager of battle, trial by battle or judicial duel) was a method of Germanic law to settle accusations in the absence of witnesses or a confession, in which two parties in dispute fought in single combat; the winner of the fight was proclaimed to be right. In essence, it is a judicially sanctioned duel. It remained in use throughout the European Middle Ages, gradually disappearing in the course of the 16th century.
sounds retarded but this is the same kind of thinking as dunking an accused witch. if she drowns then she's not a witch (but she'd dead) if she doesn't drown then she's a witch so she gets executed
Old 05-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #222
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
sounds retarded but this is the same kind of thinking as dunking an accused witch. if she drowns then she's not a witch (but she'd dead) if she doesn't drown then she's a witch so she gets executed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_l5ntikaU
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #223
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
it's trial by combat. they are basically saying if God deems you innocent then he would let you win. it was a legit form of justice back in the day

I see. I guess that makes sense.

Also, who is that guy who was willing to be his champion? Wasn't he one of Stark's knights?
Old 05-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #224
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
I see. I guess that makes sense.

Also, who is that guy who was willing to be his champion? Wasn't he one of Stark's knights?
he is a mercenary named Bron. he was one of the guys in the inn who initially captured tyrion when Cate called the imp out. he switched sides for tyrion for the money
Old 05-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #225
iamgine

Quote:
he is a mercenary named Bron. he was one of the guys in the inn who initially captured tyrion when Cate called the imp out. he switched sides for tyrion for the money
There is a guy like that in the NBA....

One other thing, when the woman told him that he didn't fight with honor, was she referring to him throwing stuff, him running around or him killing a defeated man? Because the fight seemed fine considering he had no head armor and shield.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: