Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #2251
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
And I don't really have an issue with that. You've got the lord of bones, Thormand, and Mance, along with Ygritte. Most everyone else is at least somewhat expendable.

I just hope they include Wun Weg Wun Dar Wun
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #2252
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
reeeally looking forward to seeing the return and eventual reveal of (SPOILER DONT QUOTE) Darth being Luke's father, though it likely won't come until the 4th season

im just wondering how they'll pull it off since his casting was perfectly done and the actor has a very memorable face. if they follow the book, it'll be tricky to keep his identity a secret from the audience. his whole legend and reputation didn't seem as built up in the first season of the show as it was in the books, but his name is still a notable presence.

man i still haven't watched the latest episode i'm so absorbed in the books. based on what i've heard, and that it was written by martin himself, i should probably do that.... now.

I completely agree. It was a blow away moment for me in the books that I genuinely can't see working in the show. They'll come up with something I'm sure.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #2253
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Quote:
I completely agree. It was a blow away moment for me in the books that I genuinely can't see working in the show. They'll come up with something I'm sure.
Some kinda masked monk servant belonging to some absurd cult would work.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #2254
rezznor
Nosetradamus

they will have him grow a huge beard to cover his face.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #2255
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:

I was equally blown away with

Ser Grandfather exposing Mormont's spying, leading Dany to banish him after he had professed his love to her.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #2256
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I just hope they include Wonton Soup

They have to. He plays too big a role in the fifth book.

I imagine they have to include the bird guy who's name I can't remember. And whoever the climber guy is.

You can make a case that that battle will be tougher to film than Blackwater.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #2257
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
they will have him grow a huge beard to cover his face.

White:

That's the best guess I think. With the right costuming with a hood or something. And if he does some things with posture, hunching over and slowing down. I think his big voice will be the biggest issue. I think they'll have to accelerate it a little. Because in the books when he's telling her stories you can sense there's more to him, and if they do that in the show with being able to see him you may end up giving it away too quickly. They may have to reveal him prior to a lot of the story telling. Make him and Mormont be more suspicious of each other earlier. Play up his suspicions when they meet in the market place.

And the scene where he rats out the Bear is awesome.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:59 AM   #2258
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

To those who have read the book AND watch the show:

Do i absolutely need to read book one if i watched season 1? I'm reading book one now and notice a few different things, but i'm a bit on the impatient side when it comes to reading and sort of want to skip to book two.

Also, i've heard season two has deviated from the book a bit, would it be a bad idea to start on book three after watching season two, or has season two matched up well with book two?
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:03 AM   #2259
ZeN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot

Do i absolutely need to read book one if i watched season 1? I'm reading book one now and notice a few different things, but i'm a bit on the impatient side when it comes to reading and sort of want to skip to book two.

Also, i've heard season two has deviated from the book a bit, would it be a bad idea to start on book three after watching season two, or has season two matched up well with book two?
hyperfocus on reading them from the start.. it may seem like a daunting task at the moment.. but it will be well worth it. Reading it all gives you an entirely different appreciation for the show and its intentions. If you start at one and fully immerse yourself in the world of story, all the small changes in the show will not affect you as much.

The novels really are that good.. so the impatience is self sabotage and youll end up likely regretting not having read the series in order.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:57 AM   #2260
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot

Read through man! I thought the same way as you when I got the books. I had already watched season 1 and didn't want to wait for season 2 to start. What to do, read book 1 or jump to book 2... I decided to read the first book and I do not regret it. I'm actually back on book 1 again now and am rereading the series. So much detail that gets overlooked in these books that mean something down the road. Keep reading.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:03 PM   #2261
ZeN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
I wouldnt have mentioned it at all if it hadn ot already been done and referenced several times. But im not just gonna say what it is now and spoil it for you.

Trust me...knowing what it is will probably ruin what would otherwise have been one of the biggest "OMG!" moments in tv history. I didnt have a choice in the matter. You do. Choose to not look into it.
That shit was brutal.. Thinking that Bran and Rickon were dead AND then the red wedding.. I just couldnt believe what i was reading. I was in awe and disbelief that Martin had Ned Starked us so effectively again... The ending of Clash of Kings was the epitome of WTF...

Spoilers in White: Just when I was loving another character ala Ned... Here Martin goes and takes Robb away like that.. I literally shouted at the book.. F*CK YOU.. lol.. with Cat I was like.. good job ser..
Old 05-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #2262
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
That shit was brutal.. Thinking that Bran and Rickon were dead AND then the red wedding.. I just couldnt believe what i was reading. I was in awe and disbelief that Martin had Ned Starked us so effectively again... The ending of Clash of Kings was the epitome of WTF...

Spoilers in White:GO AWAY

DON'T LOOK AT HIS SPOILER!! DON'T DO IT!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #2263
ZeN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
SPOILERS IN WHITE:

THE DWAAAAARF DIIIIIIIIES!!!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:54 PM   #2264
mika
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero

I read the books. Next season should be epic.

White text below.
walder frey you f*cker
mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:30 PM   #2265
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mika

I read the books. Next season should be epic.

White text below.
beep beep boop boop
Aren't you glad you read the book rather than waited to watch? Also, was it spoiled for you or did you not even see it coming?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: