Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #2311
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I wouldn't worry too much about the visions from the house of the undying. They'll find a way to work in the missing parts. Visually it was incredible. I thought the scene of Danerys walking through the gate at Castle Black was stunning.

Although it is different from what people were expecting, it was a very well done scene regardless (the Iron Throne part looked really good).

Really disappointed with how Halfhand went out. The whole pursuit through the mountains with Orell (the eagle) stalking them was one of my favourite scenes and was actually quite terrifying when they're caught. They really had to fast forward that part of the story.

I like how Littlefinger seems to have replaced Dontos, there just isn't enough time to re-introduce and develop a relationship with Dontos and Sansa. As well, much of Sansa's disillusion with tales (Florian and Jonquil) because of Dontos occurs in her head anyway so I don't think mch is lost.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #2312
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
Although it is different from what people were expecting, it was a very well done scene regardless (the Iron Throne part looked really good).

Really disappointed with how Halfhand went out. The whole pursuit through the mountains with Orell (the eagle) stalking them was one of my favourite scenes and was actually quite terrifying when they're caught. They really had to fast forward that part of the story.

I like how Littlefinger seems to have replaced Dontos, there just isn't enough time to re-introduce and develop a relationship with Dontos and Sansa. As well, much of Sansa's disillusion with tales (Florian and Jonquil) because of Dontos occurs in her head anyway so I don't think mch is lost.

Yeah most of the stuff north of the wall seemed a bit rushed this season, although visually it was pretty cool.

The scene with Jaqen H'ghar went exactly as I pictured it in the book. Badass.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #2313
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob

All in white:

I agree with this. I do feel like there will be cuts in the Wildling Army, and maybe Orell will be one. When he initially came up it felt like his Warg-ness would play a role with Jon or maybe even Bran, but it never really did in any way that makes him essential. It would've been nice to see his eventual fried chicken.

They really have kind of torn Dany's story all over the place. I wasn't thrilled with the visions, but the return of the Dragons was very well done, especially since that entire storyline was made up from scratch. I do think they can flesh out the past storylines without the visions. I expect Greybeard to be doing a lot of storytelling in the coming season. And I'm not sure the prophetic parts of the visions are things TV viewers would be able to pick up on over the course of years. It would've been cool to go back on on DVD, but at the moment I don't think it kills anything. How would they have been able to show the wolf head thing without giving away too much? I feel like the writing of the prophecies can be done more vaguely than in the visual medium which perhaps would make them too obvious.

I really thought they'd include Dontos if only because they'd already introduced him albeit briefly. But perhaps that will long term serve as just a tip of the cap to the reading audience. It seems dumb to use him now that they've exposed Littlefinger, because frankly that seemed to be the whole point of Dontos was to make the Littlefinger play a surprise (in addition to showing Sansa's development from a fairy tale POV). I know I was surprised. And then to have him immediately kill Dantos leads to another layer of mystery to him for a bit. So I'd hope they'd use Dantos, but it seems too late.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #2314
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I did like the wedding of Robb and Jane Westerling. It seems more plausible than what happened in ASOS. Catelyn warning him that Walder Frey will not be pleased was a good portend for the viewer.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #2315
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Old 06-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #2316
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^^ That last fb update (likes 'Dragons!') needs to be changed to 'Likes How to train your Dragon' or at least 'has watched How to train your Dragon'
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #2317
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #2318
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I did like the wedding of Robb and Jane Westerling. It seems more plausible than what happened in ASOS. Catelyn warning him that Walder Frey will not be pleased was a good portend for the viewer.

Totally agree.

Although I still find it odd that she's not actually a Westerling. However giving it some thought, I'm not entirely sure that matters all that much.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #2319
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Totally agree.

Although I still find it odd that she's not actually a Westerling. However giving it some thought, I'm not entirely sure that matters all that much.
Except for maybe how her mother stayed loyal to Tywin. Supposedly giving her moontea and such. They'll be able to work around it though, there are more severe deviations from the books than this.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #2320
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

First, after reading Kblaze post. I figured the father sent the imp because he didnt think Joffrey was ready to be a King. He was too young and the mistakes made would be costly. So dispite his feelings towards his son the Imp, he knew he could atleast keep things stable there until he returns from the war. The mistakes Joffrey was making were miscalculated and wreckless. Like decapitating Ned Stark and Jamie Lannister being held captive.

Correct me if I'm wrong...I think Bano did a good job explaining the reasoning why the Immp was sent. But to answer Blaze asking did they really need the Imp to be sent given the mom was playing puppet master with her son. I think so, given the mistakes Joffrey was making. Seemed to piss off the father greatly as it put the family in a bind.

Now my questions...

1. The white walkers, zombies...I'm confused are they not together with Mance Ryder? Whoever former Nights Watch turned rebel is? Or is this two different groups in the North? Do they fight? Are they on the same side? Or will they go their seperates ways as they head to the Wall?

2. Theon, the scene where the annoying horn was sounded as he was told a siege was going to happen. How they were outnumbered. Then next morning after he decides not to run (fear of being called a coward by dad) he tries to rally the 20 soliders only to be clonked on the head and dragged out. I'm lost, who burned down the town? Did they do it? And where was the so called people outside the castle waiting to take it over? I'm lost on that entire scene. I think Robb Stark sent men to take back Winterfell and get Theon. I thought that was what was going down in the scene where Theon was all dejected as the old timer tried to give him advice.

3. So with Tywin being the kings hand...does anyone know if he will overrule Joffrey? How does that conflict work exactly. Or is that spoiler info for Season 3? Because Joffrey makes childish decisions (he's not mature to be a king) and the father I dont think would stand by it. The Imp imposed his say for the most part...so I'm guessing the father has to right? Or will he allow the kid to be a King? Afterall his decisions could affect Jamie Lannisters fate.

I have other questions that just slipped my mind. BBL when they pop up.

4. Oh got one...the bald monk dude (chick grabbed his crotch did he not have a d!ck?). What does he have in store for the whore who is scared of Littlefinger? He's a sneaky mofo.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #2321
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

LMAO
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #2322
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

5. The dude who does hits for Arya, whats his story? Who is he?
Old 06-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #2323
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
1. The white walkers, zombies...I'm confused are they not together with Mance Ryder? Whoever former Nights Watch turned rebel is? Or is this two different groups in the North? Do they fight? Are they on the same side? Or will they go their seperates ways as they head to the Wall?

There are three separate groups that make up the Wall and beyond it:

-Night's Watch. Jon Snow and the rest of the rangers that guard the Wall and protect the realm from the Wildlings and whatever else is out there.

-Wildlings. These are the free humans that live north of the Wall and follow the King Beyond the Wall (Mance Rayder - we'll meet him next season)

-White Walkers.They are creatures that are supposed to be extinct and are just now coming back for some reason. They'll kill anyone, Wildlings and Night's Watch both. They command a zombie army. If you noticed the zombie army, some were rangers of the Night's Watch (black cloaks) and some were the Wildlings (white cloaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobb
2. Theon, the scene where the annoying horn was sounded as he was told a siege was going to happen. How they were outnumbered. Then next morning after he decides not to run (fear of being called a coward by dad) he tries to rally the 20 soliders only to be clonked on the head and dragged out. I'm lost, who burned down the town? Did they do it? And where was the so called people outside the castle waiting to take it over? I'm lost on that entire scene. I think Robb Stark sent men to take back Winterfell and get Theon. I thought that was what was going down in the scene where Theon was all dejected as the old timer tried to give him advice.

The show did a really bad job explaining what happened there. And they actually deviated from the books. So I'm not entirely sure who burned Winterfell, the way the show made it seem was that the Iron Men burned it on their way out.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #2324
simcjt
The bodyguard

simcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
5. The dude who does hits for Arya, whats his story? Who is he?
Do you really want all the answers to your questions? It goes about as far as just summarizing the books to about as far as they are up to currently.

Only thing you haven't asked is things that you don't know about yet
simcjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #2325
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
There are three separate groups that make up the Wall and beyond it:

-Night's Watch. Jon Snow and the rest of the rangers that guard the Wall and protect the realm from the Wildlings and whatever else is out there.

-Wildlings. These are the free humans that live north of the Wall and follow the King Beyond the Wall (Mance Rayder - we'll meet him next season)

-White Walkers.They are creatures that are supposed to be extinct and are just now coming back for some reason. They'll kill anyone, Wildlings and Night's Watch both. They command a zombie army. If you noticed the zombie army, some were rangers of the Night's Watch (black cloaks) and some were the Wildlings (white cloaks)

I see. Thanks

Quote:
The show did a really bad job explaining what happened there. And they actually deviated from the books. So I'm not entirely sure who burned Winterfell, the way the show made it seem was that the Iron Men burned it on their way out.

Yeah I dont get that scene at all. It was one of those "wait what" moments.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: