Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-08-2012, 01:33 AM   #2461
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Ever since I found out the plot progression in terms of the starks and the focus characters moving forward I lost all interest.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #2462
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
where can I watch this show online?
Don't watch it in anything less than HD.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:50 AM   #2463
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Don't watch it in anything less than HD.

This.

Download torrents
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:53 AM   #2464
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
Ever since I found out the plot progression in terms of the starks and the focus characters moving forward I lost all interest.
Future Negged
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #2465
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The King Beyond the Wall AKA Mance Rayder has been cast:
‘Game of Thrones’ Casts Ciarán Hinds As Mance Rayder in Season 3

The Seven Kingdoms are becoming even more massive and sprawling in season 3 of HBO’s Game of Thrones. Several important “players” join “the game” next year, but perhaps the most pivotal (certainly, one of the more powerful) character roles has remained unfilled – that of Mance Rayder, leader of the Free Folk north of the Wall, and self-proclaimed “King-Beyond-the-Wall.”

Reports are in that Rayder’s throne will be occupied by Irish character actor Ciarán Hinds, who previously appeared on HBO’s Rome TV series as Gaius Julius Caesar. Hinds has more recently shown up in supporting capacity in such films as The Debt, The Rite, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, The Woman in Black, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, and John Carter (as Tardos Mors, the “Red King of Mars”).

EW confirms that Hinds has secured the role of Mance Rayder in Game of Thrones Season 3. The actor joins fellow Rome alum Tobias Menzies, along with numerous other series newcomers who were introduced via a video montage during the Game of Thrones Comic-Con 2012 panel (click on that link to watch said clip).

The character, Mance Rayder, was born a Wildling before he was handed over and raised by the Night Watch as a child. He eventually become an admired ranger, but grew tired of the Order’s customs and traditions – leading him to abandon his post and seek refuge with the Wildlings beyond the Wall. Many years later, Rayder re-emerged as a heralded warrior who had successfully united most of the Wildling tribes under his command, despite being an ordinary-looking man with a broad chest and long, greying hair (as described by series creator, George R.R. Martin).

http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-s...-mance-rayder/
Oddly enough, I imagined Mance being more like James Purefoy's Mark Antony from 'Rome'. Ciaran Hinds is a top notch actor though, I'm sure he'll do the role justice.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #2466
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Dude is def GOAT Gaius Julius Caesar, one of the reasons I enjoyed Rome so much. He is a great actor I'm pretty sure he can nail the character or even evolve it into another level although I was expecting someone more jolly
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #2467
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
The King Beyond the Wall AKA Mance Rayder has been cast:
‘Game of Thrones’ Casts Ciarán Hinds As Mance Rayder in Season 3

The Seven Kingdoms are becoming even more massive and sprawling in season 3 of HBO’s Game of Thrones. Several important “players” join “the game” next year, but perhaps the most pivotal (certainly, one of the more powerful) character roles has remained unfilled – that of Mance Rayder, leader of the Free Folk north of the Wall, and self-proclaimed “King-Beyond-the-Wall.”

Reports are in that Rayder’s throne will be occupied by Irish character actor Ciarán Hinds, who previously appeared on HBO’s Rome TV series as Gaius Julius Caesar. Hinds has more recently shown up in supporting capacity in such films as The Debt, The Rite, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, The Woman in Black, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, and John Carter (as Tardos Mors, the “Red King of Mars”).

EW confirms that Hinds has secured the role of Mance Rayder in Game of Thrones Season 3. The actor joins fellow Rome alum Tobias Menzies, along with numerous other series newcomers who were introduced via a video montage during the Game of Thrones Comic-Con 2012 panel (click on that link to watch said clip).

The character, Mance Rayder, was born a Wildling before he was handed over and raised by the Night Watch as a child. He eventually become an admired ranger, but grew tired of the Order’s customs and traditions – leading him to abandon his post and seek refuge with the Wildlings beyond the Wall. Many years later, Rayder re-emerged as a heralded warrior who had successfully united most of the Wildling tribes under his command, despite being an ordinary-looking man with a broad chest and long, greying hair (as described by series creator, George R.R. Martin).

http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-s...-mance-rayder/
Oddly enough, I imagined Mance being more like James Purefoy's Mark Antony from 'Rome'. Ciaran Hinds is a top notch actor though, I'm sure he'll do the role justice.

Rome was such a great show. Such a shame it only lasted 2 seasons.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #2468
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Dude is def GOAT Gaius Julius Caesar, one of the reasons I enjoyed Rome so much. He is a great actor I'm pretty sure he can nail the character or even evolve it into another level although I was expecting someone more jolly

No doubt, his Caesar was one of the highlights of Rome. Just that I always thought Mance was more of a rogue like Purefoy's Antony. But I have all the faith in Hinds, dude is a pro.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #2469
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
QFT
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #2470
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A man is pleased
Anti Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #2471
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia ©

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

Goat Show.
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #2472
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Deadwood and Sons of Anarchy actor Dan Hildebrand has reportedly been cast as Kraznys mo Nakloz, described as "a wealthy slaver of the Ghiscari city of Astapor who specializes in producing the 'Unsullied', the famously disciplined eunuch-soldiers who are impervious to pain thanks to a potion they drink that deadens their nerves." Ramon Tikaram, whose credits include appearances on Primeval and Eastenders, will reportedly play Prendahl na Ghezn, the "captain of a notorious company of sellswords in Essos" known as the Stormcrows. As you might have guessed, both characters appear in Danaerys Targaryen's storyline.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:41 AM   #2473
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Everybody says that, but also a lot o people say that books 4 and 5 suck. Is it true?

I ordered my books 1, 2, 3 and 4, can't wait to get them...

I'm 200 pages into book 4 and I really like it so far. I think people are comparing it to book 3 where there is a series of pivotal events and non stop action.

After I read book 3 I couldn't understand why some expected it to pick up where it left off. So much happens inevitably there has to be a period of reflection and the story has to take on a new form/identity to gain momentum again. Book 4 is the calm after the storm, not surprisingly there seems to be prominent religious theme involved as well.

Book 4 so far is great its own and should be viewed as such . But I'm only 200 pages in so maybe I should revisit this later.

Last edited by Vragrant : 08-22-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:20 AM   #2474
Cali Syndicate
Decent college freshman

Cali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow

Bad call.
Cali Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:11 AM   #2475
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
Deadwood and Sons of Anarchy actor Dan Hildebrand

has reportedly been cast as Kraznys mo Nakloz, described as "a wealthy slaver of the Ghiscari city of Astapor who specializes in producing the 'Unsullied', the famously disciplined eunuch-soldiers who are impervious to pain thanks to a potion they drink that deadens their nerves." Ramon Tikaram

, whose credits include appearances on Primeval and Eastenders, will reportedly play Prendahl na Ghezn, the "captain of a notorious company of sellswords in Essos" known as the Stormcrows. As you might have guessed, both characters appear in Danaerys Targaryen's storyline.

I like both for their roles
Anti Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: