Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #2461
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Maybe I'm missing something, but compared to others mentioned he is completely unproven. Chosen for the Kingsguard for false reasons, not involved in any of the major conflicts or battles. I don't recall him ever crossing swords with any fighter of reputation other than half a fight with Ned.
Won his first melee when he was 13, knighted by Arthur Dayne (GOAT knight candidate) at the age of 15 after he proved himself on the battlefield.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #2462
niko
I Run NY.

So is that redheaded chick going to teach Jon Snow all he doesn't know tonight or what?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #2463
hateraid
Is it in you?

I cancelled my HBO
Anybody have a link to last weeks season opener and today's episode?
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #2464
CP3MVP
soon

A few more hours!

Recording Mad Men on the DVR, watching GoT live.
CP3MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #2465
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
I cancelled my HBO
Anybody have a link to last weeks season opener and today's episode?
need you to clear your inbox so i can pm you a link to my dropbox
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #2466
hateraid
Is it in you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
need you to clear your inbox so i can pm you a link to my dropbox
Done
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #2467
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Yes, but those Kingsguard weren't anything special. It's not like the KG of old where the best were only accepted. These were guys that were there specifically because they were loyal to the Lannisters and Cersei had them placed there.

If you were placing Drogo and The Mountain into a battle, you know the Mountain is coming with armor on. That's what you have to expect going in.. however, seeing the Red Viper destroy Gergor makes an interesting case for Drogo. With his speed he might be able to hit the soft spots of The Mountains armor like the RV did.

The things against Drogo are, the RV did this with a spear and stayed well outside of The Mountains reach. Drogo would have to get close, Drogo may have never been defeated but he definitely got nicked in battle before, and I imagine a nick from Gregor would be about as much a regular swing from someone lesser than Gregor.

i like drogo and all but the problem he will have is that his curved sword he uses is alot shorter then the viper's spear, and probably shorter then the mountain's sword as well. drogo will have to come in alot closer then the viper did and will be alot more susceptible to getting hit.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #2468
rezznor
Nosetradamus

GoT pick up lines. Ned has the best line lol

Old 04-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #2469
ANDWON
Saw a basketball once

I love this show. The Dragon queen is sexy and Dinklage kills it. I hope we get into some action tonight after a calm first episode.
ANDWON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #2470
EnoughSaid
Gooner | Heat Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP3MVP
A few more hours!

Recording Mad Men on the DVR, watching GoT live.

Same here. Going to try to go to Mad Men right after GoT.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #2471
Reef
College star

I'm so confused at what's going on. Too many characters. So many people look alike too.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #2472
CP3MVP
soon

Pretty good episode, even though no Barry Selmy.
CP3MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #2473
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
I'm so confused at what's going on. Too many characters. So many people look alike too.

I'll summarize the new characters.

The Brotherhood: These are the guys who gave Arya and her friends dinner. They are a group of knights that were sent by Ned Stark in season 1 to find The Mountain and kill him for pillaging villages and killing innocent common folk.

Their loyalty is to King Robert and Ned Stark. Even though both are dead they continue to travel the country side in their name trying to protect the common folk from both sides of the war. This explains why their name is The Brotherhood With Out Banners, because the leaders they were loyal too are dead.

Howland/Meera Reed: The Reed siblings are the two kids who met up with Bran Stark. Their father is Howland Reed. He was one of Ned Starks closest friends and saved his life during Roberts Rebellion. He was not introduced in the show but he was talked about.

His son, Jojen, told Bran that he has the same ability as him to see history in his dreams and enter the mind of animals. He told him he used his power to see that Ned Stark was killed. When he told his father Howland Reed, he was devasted about his good friends death, so he sent his children to find Bran Stark and protect him.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #2474
Reef
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I'll summarize the new characters.

The Brotherhood: These are the guys who gave Arya and her friends dinner. They are a group of knights that were sent by Ned Stark in season 1 to find The Mountain and kill him for pillaging villages and killing innocent common folk.

Their loyalty is to King Robert and Ned Stark. Even though both are dead they continue to travel the country side in their name trying to protect the common folk from both sides of the war. This explains why their name is The Brotherhood With Out Banners, because the leaders they were loyal too are dead.

Howland/Meera Reed: The Reed siblings are the two kids who met up with Bran Stark. Their father is Howland Reed. He was one of Ned Starks closest friends and saved his life during Roberts Rebellion. He was not introduced in the show but he was talked about.

His son, Jojen, told Bran that he has the same ability as him to see history in his dreams and enter the mind of animals. He told him he used his power to see that Ned Stark was killed. When he told his father Howland Reed, he was devasted about his good friends death, so he sent his children to find Bran Stark and protect him.

Future repped!
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #2475
2013 Lakers
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

So if Jaime wasn't shackled and weakened from starvation, would it be safe to assume that he would've wrecked Brienne? Even without his armor?
2013 Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: