Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #2506
Nick Young
Arbiter of Coexistence

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Kingslayer got his ass beaten down by Brien and it didn't seem very hard for her. Sucks he gets all this hype as being the GOAT sword guy and he can't even deliver.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #2507
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
I'm Smuggler Cressen Dondarrion
I knew there was something shady about you
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #2508
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Kingslayer got his ass beaten down by Brien and it didn't seem very hard for her. Sucks he gets all this hype as being the GOAT sword guy and he can't even deliver.
He has been malnourished and mistreated since his capture, the show tends to underrate what POWs go through especially with Jaime who is the show's pretty face. In truth he is a ragged skinny man with broken bones and full of half healed scars by now.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #2509
2013 Lakers
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
He has been malnourished and mistreated since his capture, the show tends to underrate what POWs go through especially with Jaime who is the show's pretty face. In truth he is a ragged skinny man with broken bones and full of half healed scars by now.

and his wrists were chained together. Brienne couldn't defeat a weakened, tied-up prisoner. She failed.
2013 Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #2510
Pointguard
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
The Dothraki are pretty much the Mongols. Virtually unbeatable by medieval style armies. If we draw parallels to real history the Dothraki would thoroughly massacre any of the other armies.

Of course though, this universe adds all kinds of supernatural elements to the mix.
Good point! I remember reading how Vikings and large armies totally feared the Mongols. Even when the Mongols literally were traveling hundreds of miles by horse they could decimate anything in their path like army ants to other insects. I recall much of it was their organization and great use of small horses. Ironically, when you compare it to the movie, they had the best immune system known to man as well.

I would have to believe the elite fighters of the Mongols, who fought Ninja's, Knights and who knows what else, using a smaller sword which was better for close fighting, would take out the best Knight around.

Good point Dunksby and LLJ
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #2511
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Brienne pretty much kicked Jaimes ass. They did not shoot that well. He was supposed to be really testing her even though he was held back. She was toying with him after the first few seconds.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #2512
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 Lakers
and his wrists were chained together. Brienne couldn't defeat a weakened, tied-up prisoner. She failed.

Lets conveniently forget that Brienne was not allowed to hurt Jaime.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #2513
2013 Lakers
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Brienne pretty much kicked Jaimes ass. They did not shoot that well. He was supposed to be really testing her even though he was held back. She was toying with him after the first few seconds.

At no point was she toying with him. She had a completely stonefaced fearful look throughout the fight. From the start when Jaime is toying with her telling her what she's doing wrong, to the end when Jaime starts to lose strength when the Bolton's arrive.
2013 Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #2514
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 Lakers
At no point was she toying with him. She had a completely stonefaced fearful look throughout the fight. From the start when Jaime is toying with her telling her what she's doing wrong, to the end when Jaime starts to lose strength when the Bolton's arrive.

She literally looked down on him with pity and knocked his sword aside with dismissal. He got his ass kicked. Which is why the riders said it looked like she was getting the best of him.

Dont see what you want to see. That was clearly filmed to show him getting flat out outclassed. Surely its because he wasnt 100%...and was chained. But dude was down on his knees with her not even taking him serious after the start.

It wasnt written like that in the books...but they sure as hell shot it that way.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #2515
ItsMillerTime
Young Trece

Quote:

Yeah I did not like the way they portrayed that fight. Jaime didn't even come close to taking down Brienne. In the books it was a much more even match, even with Jaime chained and starving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
"Half the country is starving, but look at him"

"Maybe he is the reason half the country is starving"

Favorite line in this episode. Brotherhood going in on Hot Pie rofl
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #2516
The_Yearning
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Something to have son fun with.

I'm Aegon Bolton Smuggler

Lord Tywin Greta Targaryen

Edit: Come at me.

Last edited by The_Yearning : 04-08-2013 at 03:08 PM.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #2517
Pointguard
NBA All-star

Quote:
Brienne pretty much kicked Jaimes... . They did not shoot that well. He was supposed to be really testing her even though he was held back. She was toying with him after the first few seconds.

True.
I was curious as to why the book crew didn't have her ranke a little higher depite him being emanciated and all. He still was on top of his annoying game but I understand him not really hanging tough with the sword. He impresses me as the type that doesn't forget things like that.

Hey Carmello was fasting for like a week before KG did his Jaime imitation and annoyed him. Could you imagine if Robb's boys had twitter and posted pics of Jaime getting his head handed to him under the caption: Queen slayed.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #2518
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Whore Samwell Dondarrion

Yeah, about right
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #2519
highwhey
PBS Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
Good point! I remember reading how Vikings and large armies totally feared the Mongols. Even when the Mongols literally were traveling hundreds of miles by horse they could decimate anything in their path like army ants to other insects. I recall much of it was their organization and great use of small horses. Ironically, when you compare it to the movie, they had the best immune system known to man as well.

I would have to believe the elite fighters of the Mongols, who fought Ninja's, Knights and who knows what else, using a smaller sword which was better for close fighting, would take out the best Knight around.

Good point Dunksby and LLJ
i would imagine that dothraki wouldnt fare all that well against knights from westeros. jorah mormount gave a little demonstration when he fought that dothraki while he had his steel armor. we aint cutting down limes here, no sir, armor>dothrakis close combat weapon.

plus the army dhaenrys bought is more badass than dothraki.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #2520
Patrick Chewing
King of the 5 Boroughs

Sir Loras Stark Knight of the Kingsguard for me

No doubt I'd be dead by now. Head on a spike for sure.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: