Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #2536
Graviton
☯‿☯

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

So is there a final climax that GRRM has in his mind?

Seems like all the Starrk kids and other main characters are all spread out across the world and focusing on their special quests. But is the final goal the battle against the zombie army or Dany? With each character helping the cause in their own way?

I read some book spoilers and I am still confused as to what the main plot line is.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #2537
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

"Thoros, the **** are you doing here?"

"What in 7 hells are you doing with a Stark bitch?"

Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #2538
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
"What in 7 hells are you doing with a Stark bitch?"

Why did he say that? Wasn't he sympathizing with Sansa? Why would he out Arya to people holding him captive?
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #2539
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
So is there a final climax that GRRM has in his mind?

Seems like all the Starrk kids and other main characters are all spread out across the world and focusing on their special quests. But is the final goal the battle against the zombie army or Dany? With each character helping the cause in their own way?

I read some book spoilers and I am still confused as to what the main plot line is.

Possible *spoilers in white**

I've read that GRRM intends to have all the characters some how head back to Westeros and things will come to a head. I really have no idea the final plan, but the last book was originally titled A Time for Wolves so I'm guessing the Stark family was about to get some serious revenge Michael Corleone style
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #2540
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
Why did he say that? Wasn't he sympathizing with Sansa? Why would he out Arya to people holding him captive?

He was probably more surprised than anything...and probably a lot drunk too
Old 04-08-2013, 11:51 PM   #2541
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
The person who recognizes her in the books isnt in the show so i guess they had to figure out a way to get Thoros to realize who she is.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:06 AM   #2542
Graviton
☯‿☯

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Possible *spoilers in white**

Yea I was guessing after killing so many Starrks, their revenge was bound to happen. Spoilers in white.

I read that Bran basically becomes an oracle and sees everything through people/animals, while Arya gets trained in that assassin guild while her dire wolf gathers an army of wolves, Snow got stabbed but something tells me he will take over the wilding forces and other clans beyond the wall and march south, Sansa idk wtf her role is since she is so useless, Dany will probably arrive with Tyrion as her advisor and her grown dragons along with a new Khal army, don't know who else is left but Lannisters gonna get owned for sure.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:45 AM   #2543
miller-time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
The person who recognizes her in the books isnt in the show so i guess they had to figure out a way to get Thoros to realize who she is.

Surely they could have just thrown a random guy in who recognized her (there are enough ancillary characters to do it)? I just don't think it made sense to have The Hound out her.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:35 AM   #2544
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Surely they could have just thrown a random guy in who recognized her (there are enough ancillary characters to do it)? I just don't think it made sense to have The Hound out her.

How though? She's just another orphan child? Why would a random guy recognize a Stark child. Hell even Tywin didn't recognize her and he saw and talked with her everyday. The Hound recognizing her makes the most sense since it cuts out all the tediousness of her story.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:08 AM   #2545
miller-time

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
How though? She's just another orphan child? Why would a random guy recognize a Stark child. Hell even Tywin didn't recognize her and he saw and talked with her everyday. The Hound recognizing her makes the most sense since it cuts out all the tediousness of her story.

By random I mean some other character that knows her but has no personal relationship with her sister. The Hound might recognize her, but I just don't think it makes much sense for him to out her is all (to his captors none the less). The character would just have to be someone that can recognize Arya (sort of like how that guy walking through the woods recognized Jaime). I don't think Tywin would know what she looks like? Why would he? From what I remember Arya had never seen Tyrion before the first season so it is fairly resonable to assume Tywin had never seen her before.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:11 AM   #2546
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
By random I mean some other character that knows her but has no personal relationship with her sister. The Hound might recognize her, but I just don't think it makes much sense for him to out her is all (to his captors none the less). The character would just have to be someone that can recognize Arya (sort of like how that guy walking through the woods recognized Jaime). I don't think Tywin would know what she looks like? Why would he? From what I remember Arya had never seen Tyrion before the first season so it is fairly resonable to assume Tywin had never seen her before.
Hound has no idea what thoros is all about no idea why hes been captured and has no idea why he has Arya.Hes not trying to out her hes drunk and has been captured he just asking questions.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:19 AM   #2547
Pointguard
NBA All-star

I don't know how the Hound recognized Arya tho. She's growing faster than the Dire wolves. She was much smaller than her friend who is causing all the famine, but in the course of what seems like two weeks, she's eye to eye with him.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:22 AM   #2548
blackification
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
I don't know how the Hound recognized Arya tho. She's growing faster than the Dire wolves. She was much smaller than her friend who is causing all the famine, but in the course of what seems like two weeks, she's eye to eye with him.
When a little girl beats the shit out of the prince and throws his sword into a river she becomes hard to forget lmao. Especially when all the other lord daughters are little princesses and this one doesnt give a shit
blackification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #2549
ItsMillerTime
Young Trece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Pretty sure it was confirmed as the 9th episode.

Yup. Red Wedding will be the 9th ep.

Brace yourselves.
ItsMillerTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #2550
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

I wonder what they do about the kids. The one who plays Bran is 14 now and looks like a grown ass man in some shots. They are in season 3...which is just half of a storm of swords. So season 4 is the back half and part of a feast for crows....

Season 5 is the rest of a feast.

6 is I guess dance with dragons...but probably not all of it. They wont be able to break the stories up by location like the book so it may mash up...but still...we are at best 3 years from catching the books....and he has 2 books left at least. The next one may not be out till 2016...the last...2020?

They are gonna have to recast Arya and Bran at least. She better stop growing before she gets to Bravos....and Hodor is about to be holding a 22 year old in a basket.

Arya they can work with I guess.....girls often stop growing earlier. Bran?

You could tell his whole story in like 45 minutes of screen time. Think they start shooting his journey now so hes not too old in 2020?
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: