Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-27-2013, 01:43 AM   #2626
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
So, I started watching this recently and I gotta say I'm just not that impressed with it.

The only compelling reason I had to watch past episode 1 was the waning moments of the episode. There's way too much going on in any single episode(I feel like I'm watching pirates 3 all over again).

Oh, and the current king needs to get an ass whoopin', whiney ass brat he is
I do everything in my power not to be pretentious about film or music or anything that can be subjective and really just depends on personal preference...

But, did you just compare Game of Thrones to a Pirates of the Caribbean movie?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #2627
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I do everything in my power not to be pretentious about film or music or anything that can be subjective and really just depends on personal preference...

But, did you just compare Game of Thrones to a Pirates of the Caribbean movie?

I compared the storytelling mechanics. They are trying so hard to have 3-4 things going on at once it's just coming across as terrible. Joffrey's terribly leadership, a war, 10 love triangles, and the rightful heir to the throne?

Who can follow all of this? It feels exactly like the mess that was Pirates 3.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #2628
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #2629
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkzodgRaze8

The GoT panel hosted by Mac from Always Sunny.. was a really good watch and got me really hyped for Sunday

GoT Thrones panel and Mac from Always Sunny....wow too much epicness in one clip. I'll have to watch it later but I can already see it's going to be great.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #2630
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
GoT Thrones panel and Mac from Always Sunny....wow too much epicness in one clip. I'll have to watch it later but I can already see it's going to be great.

It is. Peter Dinklage is hilarious as always. They all seem really invested in their characters and the show itself... great job done by the casting team.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #2631
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
I compared the storytelling mechanics. They are trying so hard to have 3-4 things going on at once it's just coming across as terrible.

Terrible? Wrong word, pick again.

You do realize they're trying to cram a 1500 page book into a 10 hour series right? I don't think 10 episodes is enough per season but so far they've made it work.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #2632
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/game...HeGvOX6g 5NmK

‘Game of Thrones’ actor’s ear bitten off in brutal attack

First the fingers, now the ear.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #2633
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/game...HeGvOX6g 5NmK

‘Game of Thrones’ actor’s ear bitten off in brutal attack

First the fingers, now the ear.

Dude loves pissing off Robb Stark
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #2634
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
It is. Peter Dinklage is hilarious as always. They all seem really invested in their characters and the show itself... great job done by the casting team.

Man that panel was great. Dinklage is effing hilarious. I don't blame the cast for not reading ahead I wouldn't want to know my fate.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:54 AM   #2635
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
That was a bad decision by both parties, you just can't feature an athlete on a GOT promo no matter who he is.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:29 AM   #2636
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!

Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
That was a bad decision by both parties, you just can't feature an athlete on a GOT promo no matter who he is.

Would've been appropriate if it was Lebron imo.

-His nickname is "King".
-Reigning NBA Champion and MVP.
-Him and King Joffrey are both phaggots.
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:32 AM   #2637
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlezz
Would've been appropriate if it was Lebron imo.

-His nickname is "King".
-Reigning NBA Champion and MVP.
-Him and King Joffrey are both phaggots.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #2638
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:29 PM   #2639
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #2640
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: