Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #2671
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Pretty sure Dany can speak the slavers language and is just pretending not to understand it, but didn't read the books so dont know.

Damn, so many hot babes on this show that need to get their tits out. Dunno who I want to see first, before it was the ginger eskimo chick but this slave girl is catching up to her.
I thought she could understand him too at first, but it'd be a pretty long reveal if that doesn't play out until the next episode. I don't see a point in playing it out that long when the only real payoff would just be a quick scene of her telling him off or something.

And Blackfish seems like a baller.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:35 PM   #2672
Bosnian Sajo
we finish or we done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Really? You didn't see what happened to him??

I saw what happened, but I didn't get to hear what they were talking about. Its funny, when I just started watching the show I hated Jamie for pushing Brann out the window and being so stuck up, but his character has grew on me the past few episodes. Feel bad for him

Tyrion is by far my favorite character, very interesting and brings a little bit of humor to the show.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #2673
Nick Young
The Shookening is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I thought she could understand him too at first, but it'd be a pretty long reveal if that doesn't play out until the next episode. I don't see a point in playing it out that long when the only real payoff would just be a quick scene of her telling him off or something.

And Blackfish seems like a baller.
I think whats going to happen is Khaleesi rips him off and takes the dragon back and sacks the city after buying every soldier from the guy.

So they had to make the audience really hate the slaver so that Dany doesnt look evil when she rips him off. SO they made the slaver and asshole.

I think he's really funny though, one of the best parts of the season.

Podrick aka Sir Studrick.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #2674
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
I think whats going to happen is Khaleesi rips him off and takes the dragon back and sacks the city after buying every soldier from the guy.

So they had to make the audience really hate the slaver so that Dany doesnt look evil when she rips him off. SO they made the slaver and asshole.

I think he's really funny though, one of the best parts of the season.

Podrick aka Sir Studrick.
Oh there's no way that dude's keeping the dragon all clear. She doesn't own the dragons or anything, they're her children basically and they chose her pretty much.

What's ****ed up though, she was giving the slaver the remaining Dothraki? the hell man, talk about selling them out.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #2675
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Everything has a point in this series. It's just never clear until the whole situation plays out. Wait a few episodes and then look back and re evaluate. It's the easiest way to understand the story with out reading the books.

For example, Season 1:

When Ned Stark was taken captive by the Queen, what was everyone's initial thought? He's going to get off with out death, and be sent to the wall.

Shocking that they actually killed him off right? It was the right thing to do.

In a situation where Ned lives and goes to the wall...theres no where else you can take the story. He goes to the wall the north rallies behind him and theres war.

In reality Ned Stark is killed and makes the story that much better not because of the shock value, but because of the significance.

NED STARK was the point in Westeros that held order together. If you go back and re evaluate, everything that has happened, has its roots in Ned Starks death. When he was killed, so was order in Westeros.

To sum it up, if you try to hypothesize with this show you are likely to get confused. Wait for an entire situation to play its self out, look back at it, and you will see what the purpose of each detail was.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:04 AM   #2676
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

I have not read anything for the past few pages, so if this question was asked, please link me to the answer.

During this episode, Caliese (spelling prob wrong on that one) was walking and talking with the servant she just bought, along with the soldiers, for one dragon.

The servant said " var-la-ma-goo-les" to her.

Isn't that the exact same thing Jaquin told the young girl to say if she ever needed to see him?

Is there a connection here?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:10 AM   #2677
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I have not read anything for the past few pages, so if this question was asked, please link me to the answer.

During this episode, Caliese (spelling prob wrong on that one) was walking and talking with the servant she just bought, along with the soldiers, for one dragon.

Isn't that the exact same thing Jaquin told the young girl to say if she ever needed to see him?

Yes same thing.As far as connection not really.I guess its just a saying.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:10 AM   #2678
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:

Glad you caught that

It means all men must die.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:26 AM   #2679
Pointguard
NBA All-star

Quote:

Well if she changes faces, and keeps her body - she's a real keeper. But then again they can be warlock's just the same. Khaleesi is a magnet for mysteriously powered beings and things, as well as fast talking evilish black businessmen (got my eye on that) ripe to be taken by the dragon lady.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:28 AM   #2680
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
I saw what happened, but I didn't get to hear what they were talking about. Its funny, when I just started watching the show I hated Jamie for pushing Brann out the window and being so stuck up, but his character has grew on me the past few episodes. Feel bad for him

Tyrion is by far my favorite character, very interesting and brings a little bit of humor to the show.
once you get to hear his side of the story and why he's done some of the things that he has you do feel some empathy for him. that's what is great about the books, there are very few black and white characters, most of them are shades of grey. some people you absolutely hate early on you may start to understand better later. then again, we will always have joffrey to hate
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:30 AM   #2681
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Yes same thing.As far as connection not really.I guess its just a saying.
it's a saying from where they both came from
Old 04-16-2013, 12:46 AM   #2682
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
it's a saying from where they both came from
I'm saying as far a deep connection there isnt any.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #2683
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
I'm saying as far a deep connection there isnt any.
meant to quote the guy who asked, not you
Old 04-16-2013, 01:45 AM   #2684
Godzuki
7-time NBA All-Star

GoT has been so good this year. i look forward to most storylines where as earlier it was mainly only tyrion aria stuff.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote