Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-25-2011, 09:29 PM   #256
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Can you guys rate this series so far for me? I prefer watching in bulk and I'm going to start tonight and catch up.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:42 PM   #257
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

ITs pretty great. Not as much fantasy sci/fi kinda shit as one might assume. Just a great story and good acting. The youngest girl, the sword instructor, the king, and the imp are all some of the best played characters on TV to me. The imp deserves some kind of award.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:47 PM   #258
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Can you guys rate this series so far for me? I prefer watching in bulk and I'm going to start tonight and catch up.
10.5/10 I'm a big fan of the books so I might be a bit biased
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #259
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

pete as much as you talk about movies and crap? You need to check this out.

You remind me of the dude at The Wall that Jon Snow protects. Thats you. And of course you have no clue who that is but people who watch the show do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
ITs pretty great. Not as much fantasy sci/fi kinda shit as one might assume. Just a great story and good acting. The youngest girl, the sword instructor, the king, and the imp are all some of the best played characters on TV to me. The imp deserves some kind of award.

I wonder if it will turn into that. I mean we gotta see a dragon right? And whats exactly on the other side of the wall? Will they ever try to cross that Wall? Doesnt seem like its being defended by great warriors. They are recruiting cats that did wrong or were said to do wrong. Its like taking people from prisons or cats who get sentenced by the judge with whatever crime and forcing them to fight overseas next week. If that was our "army" defending this country? We'd be f*cked.

Maybe nothing happens but there has to be something there with those "strange" things out there and why them dudes at The Wall keep saying they need help.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:13 PM   #260
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

You remind me of the dude at The Wall that Jon Snow protects. Thats you. And of course you have no clue who that is but people who watch the show do.

Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #261
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:

I wonder if it will turn into that. I mean we gotta see a dragon right? And whats exactly on the other side of the wall? Will they ever try to cross that Wall? Doesnt seem like its being defended by great warriors. They are recruiting cats that did wrong or were said to do wrong. Its like taking people from prisons or cats who get sentenced by the judge with whatever crime and forcing them to fight overseas next week. If that was our "army" defending this country? We'd be f*cked.

Maybe nothing happens but there has to be something there with those "strange" things out there and why them dudes at The Wall keep saying they need help.

pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:24 PM   #262
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:

similar to the French Foreign Legion
Quote:
The French Foreign Legion was created by Louis Philippe, the King of the French, on 10 March 1831. The direct reason was that foreigners were forbidden to serve in the French Army after the 1830 July Revolution, so the Legion was created to allow the government a way around this restriction.[2] The purpose of the Legion was to remove disruptive elements from society and put them to use fighting the enemies of France. Recruits included failed revolutionaries from the rest of Europe, soldiers from the disbanded foreign regiments, and troublemakers in general, both foreign and French. Algeria was designated as the Legion's home.
The Legion was primarily used, as part of the Armée d'Afrique, to protect and expand the French colonial empire during the 19th century, but it also fought in almost all French wars including the Franco-Prussian War and both World Wars. The Foreign Legion has remained an important part of the French Army, surviving three Republics, The Second French Empire, two World Wars, the rise and fall of mass conscript armies, the dismantling of the French colonial empire and the French loss of the legion's base, Algeria.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:04 AM   #263
Patrick Chewing
#NotACupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux

I would put it on par with Rome

Rome to me is 10/10
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:10 AM   #264
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Drogo at the end looked like a DMX video extra from 1998. Dude is a beast. After that speech he could have walked up and took a spectators kids cotton candy and pissed on it with no objection from the father.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:22 AM   #265
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Drogo at the end looked like a DMX video extra from 1998. Dude is a beast. After that speech he could have walked up and took a spectators kids cotton candy and pissed on it with no objection from the father.

Yeah he was pretty gangsta in that scene. I was way into it, but the ending was so shocking i had sorta forgot about it. Great ep.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:24 AM   #266
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

The white guy exile always with them was funny too. Dude did what he did(no spoiler in case anyone didnt download the show early* and the king just offers him any horse of his wishes. You know he was thinking "Man...let me get a horse and like...30 bucks..something..."
Old 05-26-2011, 02:29 AM   #267
Patrick Chewing
#NotACupcake

Iain Glen has an amazing voice
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:32 AM   #268
SinJackal
Banned

This is a really good show. I wasn't sure what to make of it after the first episode or two, but I'm glad I've kept up with it.

I've started to like Tyrian ("The Imp") a lot. He's probably my favorite character on the show at this point. From bitch slapping Jauffre, to stomping that nigga out with a shield, to escaping from The Vale, combined with the fact that he's the funniest character in the show. . .that dude does a great job acting imo. Great character.

I haven't watched the HBO special premiere for the episode that's to be aired this weekend, but I'm up to date besides that. The show's really progressing nicely.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:43 AM   #269
iamgine

Dude swore to rape women in front of his wife...what a great era.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:53 AM   #270
iamgine

I wonder why Ned didn't tell Robert about his wife when he had the chance. Clearly Ned knew Robert could die at any time either by his wound or his wife'll poison him. And it's not like Robert love his wife or family. He'd be glad to remove them as his last act on earth.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: