Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #256
al814
Can barely lace up my sneakers

al814 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet
I read these books years ago, glad I stumbled onto this thread because I had no idea they made this into a tv show. I've only watched the first two episodes so far but can somebody tell me how they are handling the full grown direwolves and dragons? Is it cgi? Also, have they shown the scene were Jaimie kills the Imp for murdering Joffrey? That's one of the best scenes in the book.

Snape kills Dumbledore

The last part isn't true for those who haven't read the books and are freaking out over spoilers..
al814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #257
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I loved the scene with the Imp and Morg.

How would you like gold?

*morg pats him down*

NO GOLD!

*whack*

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
That's actually not him in In Bruge, but it does look an awfull lot like him, and not just because all dwarfs look the same, it actually looks like him.

His name is Peter Dinklage, and he's probably best known for starring in The Station Agent.

All dwarfs look the same.

Swore I saw dude in the newer version of Willy Wonka (J.Depp).
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #258
Jet
I brick open layups

Jet is considered somewhat coolJet is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by al814
The last part isn't true for those who haven't read the books and are freaking out over spoilers..
You are no fun
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #259
al814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet
You are no fun

What? We all know Harry Potter was the hand behind the killing of Dumbledore.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #260
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

For those that have read the books, how did Robert come to power as King? Meaning what title did he hold prior? I'm a little confused at the moment with a couple of things.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:17 PM   #261
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I started to copy/paste the breakdown how he became King but in the process I got spoiled of an event that has yet to take place. And will either this series or next. FML
Old 05-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #262
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
For those that have read the books, how did Robert come to power as King? Meaning what title did he hold prior? I'm a little confused at the moment with a couple of things.
he led the rebellion against the mad king. he was not in any line of succession, he came to power through conquest (even though it was jaimie who actually killed the king)
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:21 PM   #263
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
he led the rebellion against the mad king. he was not in any line of succession, he came to power through conquest (even though it was jaimie who actually killed the king)

Thanks. And I'm assuming Jaimie killed the prior King's Hand due to him uncovering that Robert had a bastard son who should be true heir?
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #264
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Thanks. And I'm assuming Jaimie killed the prior King's Hand due to him uncovering that Robert had a bastard son who should be true heir?
not really a spoiler but the answer is in white
the real cause for the previous Hand's death hasn't been revealed yet (in the tv show) and won't be until later on in the story. what you suggested was one of the possible theories that may or may not be true.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #265
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

How can a bastard be heir to the throne? Thought they couldnt. Atleast that is the sense I get from the Jon Snow story. How he felt outcasted from the family.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #266
al814

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
How can a bastard be heir to the throne? Thought they couldnt. Atleast that is the sense I get from the Jon Snow story. How he felt outcasted from the family.

My feeling about it is that, if there is no "legitimate" children of Robert, if certain things being thrown around in the series suggests, then the King's illegitimate children are the only "true" heirs to the throne.

Also Ned has like 3 sons that are legitimately his so Jon was never going to stand in line to inherit.

My memory is hazy so I don't remember what the inheritance laws are, But I think Jon's situation is also colored by Lady Stark's hostility and Ned's sense of honor.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #267
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
they can't. are you referring to robert's bastards and why they were important?
Old 05-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #268
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by al814
My feeling about it is that, if there is no "legitimate" children of Robert, if certain things being thrown around in the series suggests, then the King's illegitimate children are the only "true" heirs to the throne.

Also Ned has like 3 sons that are legitimately his so Jon was never going to stand in line to inherit.

My memory is hazy so I don't remember what the inheritance laws are, But I think Jon's situation is also colored by Lady Stark's hostility and Ned's sense of honor.
there's a little bit of truth to that but (spoilers in white text) that's not the main reason why robert's bastard is important. all of robert's bastards look like robert. they have dark hair. in fact everyone in the baratheon family has dark hair (explains the huge book on royal ancestries Arryn was reading before he dies). that's why john arryn died saying "the seed is strong" he is referring to robert's seed. his bastards look like him, cersei's kids don't. if someone can prove cersei's kids aren't roberts then the next in line would be robert's brothers
Old 05-24-2011, 04:51 PM   #269
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
they can't. are you referring to robert's bastards and why they were important?

Yeah
Old 05-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #270
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Yeah
i answered that in the white text in the post above ya but basically, bastards don't have much inheritance rights. especially in snow's case where he has brothers and sisters that are full blooded. after that comes brothers or sisters of the dad. some families treat their bastards better though, and in rare cases a bastard can have his status changed to be a full member of the family. the laws are somewhat vague and they vary by region, that's part of the reason why there are so many battles fought over succession.

Last edited by rezznor : 05-24-2011 at 04:59 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: