Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #2686
Asiantastic
30 Rock

Asiantastic has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Fantastic episode, but things are happening a little quicker than in the book
Asiantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #2687
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
In one of the episodes of season 2 Jamie said to the bigass woman that is transporting him that in the whole land there are only 1 or 2 people who could match or beat him in a swordfight, who was he talking about?

Can anyone who has read the books shed some light on this?

I don't remember from the books if that's in there or not. But Barristan is certainly one of them. He's one of the few characters in the books Jamie has genuine respect for, and frankly, other than the wretched Joffrey/Cersei, he's pretty much universally respected throughout the kindom.

There's little chance he's referring to either Clegane. Those guys are Brutes and Jamie is a technician. Those guys were promoted by his father, and butal guys to torment the small folk. They're beneath him in a few ways, he wouldn't choose either of them.

Maybe ... and that's a big maybe, he'd be talking about Loras, who he seems to have almost a begrudging respect for, and who is a technician himself.

His mentor was Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of Morning, and that's probably one of them, although my memory is not clear on weather he's still around.

And Jamie also holds Cat Stark's brother, the Blackfish, in incredibly high regard, and he could very well be another.

The vagueness in the TV show's statement may be because some the characters he's referring to have not been mentioned yet in the show (Oberon Martell would be another, but I doubt Jamie would have a ton of respect for a guy who deals in poison). It keeps it simple for the audience now, and if they care to expand on it, they can flash back to it.

Did not watch last night yet. Will do it when I get home from work.

Last edited by Thorpesaurous : 04-01-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #2688
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I don't remember from the books if that's in there or not. But Barristan is certainly one of them. He's one of the few characters in the books Jamie has genuine respect for, and frankly, other than the wretched Joffrey/Cersei, he's pretty much universally respected throughout the kindom.

There's little chance he's referring to either Clegane. Those guys are Brutes and Jamie is a technician. Those guys were promoted by his father, and butal guys to torment the small folk. They're beneath him in a few ways, he wouldn't choose either of them.

Maybe ... and that's a big maybe, he'd be talking about Loras, who he seems to have almost a begrudging respect for, and who is a technician himself.

His mentor was Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of Morning, and that's probably one of them, although my memory is not clear on weather he's still around.

And Jamie also holds Cat Stark's brother, the Blackfish, in incredibly high regard, and he could very well be another.

The vagueness in the TV show's statement may be because some the characters he's referring to have not been mentioned yet in the show (Oberon Martell would be another, but I doubt Jamie would have a ton of respect for a guy who deals in poison). It keeps it simple for the audience now, and if they care to expand on it, they can flash back to it.

Did not watch last night yet. Will do it when I get home from work.
the blackfish was actually his mentor(cat's uncle), he is the one that knighted him, jaime was his squire. jaime was also originally supposed to marry lysa as part of the rebellion started by daddy stark and his maester.

loras is really just a great jouster, and better than average at sticks. his older brother is the better swordsman.

i'd say he is referring to the blackfish, selmy and the third i have no good guess.. i'll go with everyone else and say the red viper, O. martell. these of course being people that are still living. no way is he referring to either clegane.

Last edited by Anti Hero : 04-01-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #2689
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

disappointed in Mance. he was nothing like how i pictured him. i expected him to be more roguish and charming. other then that, every character's casting has been spot on
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #2690
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
In one of the episodes of season 2 Jamie said to the bigass woman that is transporting him that in the whole land there are only 1 or 2 people who could match or beat him in a swordfight, who was he talking about?

All the other suggestions are based on speculation, but Barristan Selmy (the old knight that Joffrey dismissed, and who just found Dany) is definitely one of them. In the books, Jamie has a huge respect for him.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #2691
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation hereItsMillerTime has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
disappointed in Mance. he was nothing like how i pictured him. i expected him to be more roguish and charming. other then that, every character's casting has been spot on

Yup. Mance is also a bard who is very charming. I don't see Cirian Hinds singing like Mance does in the books..
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #2692
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
So true.. hes basically a whole different character on screen, not at all like the novel. Despite the disappointment though he may but his own twist on Mance and well eventually like him.. but right now watching him I get the impression that it will take long to get use to him.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #2693
CP3MVP
soon

CP3MVP has decent reputation

Quote:

I think Barristan and the Clegane brothers are likely candidates. The Cleganes might not be as skilled with the sword, but they are good fighters if not for size alone. I think Jaime mentions that Loras reminds him of a younger version of himself. Also, I think a young Robert Baratheon and Syrio from Braavos are two possibilities.
CP3MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #2694
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP3MVP
I think Barristan and the Clegane brothers are likely candidates. The Cleganes might not be as skilled with the sword, but they are good fighters if not for size alone. I think Jaime mentions that Loras reminds him of a younger version of himself. Also, I think a young Robert Baratheon and Syrio from Braavos are two possibilities.
i doubt jaimie has ever had any respect for robert.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #2695
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP3MVP
Im thinking these opinions are based solely on knowledge from the show and not the novels..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #2696
CP3MVP
soon

CP3MVP has decent reputation

Quote:
i doubt jaimie has ever had any respect for robert.

As a person, but he was a great fighter in his day. He killed Rhaegar Targaryen 1v1 in the trident. But I think Barristan in his prime was the best swordsman ever, even over Jaime. He's definitely one of three.
CP3MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #2697
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Good first episode, Jon and Dany's scenes were great and I also loved the Tywin/Tyrion scene. Kudos to Charles Dance he has been doing amazing job of Tywin
yeah, tywin is a great character. i enjoy all of his scenes, him and tyrion are the most interesting lanisters.

i imagined seeing john snow turn into a wolf, im guessing thats not true? not in the most recent episode but a previous episode.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #2698
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Ehh...the one thing that gripes me is the casting. For the most part, the main characters are good but I can't stand the casting for some of the secondary characters.

It's like the casting crew didn't even read the source material at all and just casted random people based on descriptions....especially with the female characters.

Someone like Lena Headey, who has done a decent job as the queen, would've been better suited as Melisandre. The current actress for Mel doesn't exude the same Morgan le Fay type charm that Headey could've done. Or Shae's actress would've been better suited for a strong character like Arianne Martell and not some girly girl.

Likewise, Loras and Renly are pussified versions of their original characters. Stannis is too calm than stern/prudish.

Hell, a well casted character like Daenerys wasn't even the original choice. Some other plain looking and less charming actress was...which really makes me question the casting crew.

Last edited by Joshumitsu : 04-01-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #2699
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
the blackfish was actually his mentor(cat's uncle), he is the one that knighted him, jaime was his squire. jaime was also originally supposed to marry lysa as part of the rebellion started by daddy stark and his maester.

loras is really just a great jouster, and better than average at sticks. his older brother is the better swordsman.

i'd say he is referring to the blackfish, selmy and the third i have no good guess.. i'll go with everyone else and say the red viper, O. martell. these of course being people that are still living. no way is he referring to either clegane.

I wonder if he would have considered Ned Stark in that category when he was alive.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #2700
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

HD torrent link maybe?
LBJ 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: