Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #2746
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:

There's little chance he's referring to either Clegane. Those guys are Brutes and Jamie is a technician. Those guys were promoted by his father, and butal guys to torment the small folk. They're beneath him in a few ways, he wouldn't choose either of them.

In the books he talks about the Mountians strength being like nothing human and how the big guy he was with was almost the size of the hound but the Hound being incredibly fast for his size and being ferocious.

Every time he mentioned the Hound it was with respect for his fighting ability. I dont think he would take either of them lightly....sure as hell not just assume hed win with ease. He said 1-2 might have a chance. I dont think he fights the Hound assuming he didnt have any chance of being killed.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #2747
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Well they still have time to explore it in the show considering that Ser Jorah did say he's the most dangerous man in Westeros. I wonder how they'll reveal Ser Jorah's betrayal considering Barristan being exposed was what exposed him. I can already see a conflict between them regarding purchasing slaves etc. So hopefully the show really explores that

Yeah, I found it telling that Jorah already expressed that he was Aerys' Kingsguard leader when he was killed, because I'm sure they're going to play that angle and the fact that Jorah was originally an assassin angle against each other.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #2748
Pointguard
NBA sixth man of the year

Brohn, Tyrion's guard doesn't wear armor and somehow is still alive, he must be pretty good. But its not like anybody recognizes him. He like the underground best hits guy.

Had the flu last week so I just caught up from the beginning.

Random Thoughts.

Tyrion, did he study Prince - the singer - for the role. Hopefully will have a battle of wits with his dad. Funny how the family has one guy who fights, one guy who has free sex, one guy for honor...

"The innocents Dany/Sansa/Jon: But they are growing fast and seem like key pieces. The women had a highly romanticized idea of Queenship and men. Only to find out that men are mortal, sometimes cowards, dishonorable, more geared for destruction and reckless power. Aligning with them in this regards is futile and can end up going in any crazy direction. You see the mechanisms changing and wheels turning in their heads.

The thinkers without power - Varys/Tyrion/Lilfinger or the limp/imp and pimp. Varys operates in the world of knowledge primarily. Lilfinger is the most aggressive and the quickest to mix it up. Seems to be the coldest of the bunch as well. Tyrion seemingly can rise to most occasions and is more likely to manipulate, as he knows people better than even LilFinger. For Tyrion to win out he has to overcome his dad in some way. That's going to be exciting.

The "will the wind hurry up and blow so I can find my way" crew - Rob, Brother Jon, Osha. Don't let the wind blow the Starks way because a lady makes them lose their way - except Daddy Stark, he's very disciplined and it seems like he's the man with a code. Jon becomes a hard explanation in this light but something doesn't add up there. Wanting to be King corrupts and disables peoples humanity seems to be the author's angle. So the older Stark brothers are somewhat shielded from this destruction = its better to be love struck than wanting power.

Dragon lady has a nice shape. She needs more hot baths. When she gains political power I hope she goes that route immediately in season three

Can someone educate me on how long winters last where they are at? How often does it come and are they on the part of earth that gets six months partial night?
Pointguard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #2749
CP3MVP
soon

Bronn is a dirty fighter, the kind that'll do anything to survive. Jaime definitely isn't including Bronn in his list of equals, but I think Bronn is a capable fighter. I've come across some discussions about whether he could've taken those two kingsguards in the new episode when Cersei is in Tyrion's room. Personally, I think he would've lost simply because it's 2v1 and he only had that dagger. But with the current kingsguard it could be possible. They don't have a Jaime or Selmy like kingsguards of the past.
CP3MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #2750
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
Brohn, Tyrion's guard doesn't wear armor and somehow is still alive, he must be pretty good. But its not like anybody recognizes him. He like the underground best hits guy.

Had the flu last week so I just caught up from the beginning.

Random Thoughts.

Tyrion, did he study Prince - the singer - for the role. Hopefully will have a battle of wits with his dad. Funny how the family has one guy who fights, one guy who has free sex, one guy for honor...

"The innocents Dany/Sansa/Jon: But they are growing fast and seem like key pieces. The women had a highly romanticized idea of Queenship and men. Only to find out that men are mortal, sometimes cowards, dishonorable, more geared for destruction and reckless power. Aligning with them in this regards is futile and can end up going in any crazy direction. You see the mechanisms changing and wheels turning in their heads.

The thinkers without power - Varys/Tyrion/Lilfinger or the limp/imp and pimp. Varys operates in the world of knowledge primarily. Lilfinger is the most aggressive and the quickest to mix it up. Seems to be the coldest of the bunch as well. Tyrion seemingly can rise to most occasions and is more likely to manipulate, as he knows people better than even LilFinger. For Tyrion to win out he has to overcome his dad in some way. That's going to be exciting.

The "will the wind hurry up and blow so I can find my way" crew - Rob, Brother Jon, Osha. Don't let the wind blow the Starks way because a lady makes them lose their way - except Daddy Stark, he's very disciplined and it seems like he's the man with a code. Jon becomes a hard explanation in this light but something doesn't add up there. Wanting to be King corrupts and disables peoples humanity seems to be the author's angle. So the older Stark brothers are somewhat shielded from this destruction = its better to be love struck than wanting power.

Dragon lady has a nice shape. She needs more hot baths. When she gains political power I hope she goes that route immediately in season three

Can someone educate me on how long winters last where they are at? How often does it come and are they on the part of earth that gets six months partial night?

i love that future repped

winters/summers can last anywhere from months to years. (yes i know, doesn't make scientific sense but just go with it) generally, when there is a long summer then it will be followed with a long, harsh winter. the current summer has lasted nearly an entire generation.

Last edited by rezznor : 04-03-2013 at 05:20 PM.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #2751
longtime lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
In the books he talks about the Mountians strength being like nothing human and how the big guy he was with was almost the size of the hound but the Hound being incredibly fast for his size and being ferocious.

Every time he mentioned the Hound it was with respect for his fighting ability. I dont think he would take either of them lightly....sure as hell not just assume hed win with ease. He said 1-2 might have a chance. I dont think he fights the Hound assuming he didnt have any chance of being killed.

Bingo. The Mountain and the Hound are definitely on that list. So is Barristan. I'd theorize Arthur Dayne is near the top of that list too.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #2752
highwhey
el vato encabronado

no one has answered my question, does jon snow turn into a wolf?

ygrette isnt a 10 butt shes probly the first chick to talk to him dirty. and she knows how to push his buttons. he needs to hurry and get a quick bj before winter comes though, she probably knows some wildings special technique so her tongue wont get stuck to his pole.

also, i know all the characters are being developed and everyone has potential but im not the only one who thinks jon mfing snow is the most badass charcater right? his sword alone is crazy awesome, i'd take it over a lightsaber any day of the week.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:42 PM   #2753
longtime lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
no one has answered my question, does jon snow turn into a wolf?

ygrette isnt a 10 butt shes probly the first chick to talk to him dirty. and she knows how to push his buttons. he needs to hurry and get a quick bj before winter comes though, she probably knows some wildings special technique so her tongue wont get stuck to his pole.

also, i know all the characters are being developed and everyone has potential but im not the only one who thinks jon mfing snow is the most badass charcater right? his sword alone is crazy awesome, i'd take it over a lightsaber any day of the week.

You mean in the books or the show? He doesn't turn into a wolf in the books
Old 04-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #2754
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
You mean in the books or the show? He doesn't turn into a wolf in the books

He does, that's why Quorin Halfhand takes him, he recognizes his gift. Remember He/Ghost get attacked by the birdman while spying on the camp.. However, he doesn't know how or mean to do this.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #2755
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
He does, that's why Quorin Halfhand takes him, he recognizes his gift. Remember He/Ghost get attacked by the birdman while spying on the camp.. However, he doesn't know how or mean to do this.
Well, he doesn't physically turn into a wolf which is what I think highwhey asked.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #2756
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Werewolves beyond the wall.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #2757
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #2758
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Quote:
=highwhey
ygrette isnt a 10

I think Ygritte is a hottie even though she's paler than a ghost
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:02 AM   #2759
longtime lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero

Yes but he doesn't physically turn into wolf. But yeah I'm not sure if that's what the poster was getting at.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:04 AM   #2760
longtime lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99

WTF that's effing gold. I'm dying over here
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: