Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #2761
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 8,164
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #2762
jamal99
Valar Morghulis
 
jamal99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Serbia
Posts: 4,537
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=2fPgIIB67bw


Game of Thrones 90's style
jamal99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #2763
YGS
Banned
 
YGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: H-Town
Posts: 76
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Thanks Jeff
YGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #2764
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,110
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Just read an awesome quote about Arthur Dayne from Jaimie "I learned from Ser Arthur Dayne , the sword of the morning, who could have slain all five of you with his left hand while he was taking a piss with his right"

So if Barristan was as nice as Dayne he'd definitely be on Jaime's list of guys that can defeat him.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #2765
Pointguard
NBA rookie of the year
 
Pointguard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 6,446
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
i love that future repped

winters/summers can last anywhere from months to years. (yes i know, doesn't make scientific sense but just go with it) generally, when there is a long summer then it will be followed with a long, harsh winter. the current summer has lasted nearly an entire generation.
Thanks Rezznor. Your postings throughout have been great in this thread.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:20 AM   #2766
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle
 
Graviton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,389
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Just read an awesome quote about Arthur Dayne from Jaimie "I learned from Ser Arthur Dayne , the sword of the morning, who could have slain all five of you with his left hand while he was taking a piss with his right"

So if Barristan was as nice as Dayne he'd definitely be on Jaime's list of guys that can defeat him.
How the hell did a fatass idiot like Robert kill a guy like Arthur Dayne, was he really some freaking beast among beasts in his prime?
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:25 AM   #2767
mika
High School JV MVP
 
mika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 690
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
How the hell did a fatass idiot like Robert kill a guy like Arthur Dayne, was he really some freaking beast among beasts in his prime?
Robert killed Rhaegar. Ned stark and howland reed killed Arthur dayne. Ned said that he wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for howland reed and that dayne was the finest swordsman he ever faced.
mika is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:35 AM   #2768
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle
 
Graviton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,389
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by mika
Robert killed Rhaegar. Ned stark and howland reed killed Arthur dayne. Ned said that he wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for howland reed and that dayne was the finest swordsman he ever faced.
Ah yea, but wasn't Rhaegar an amazing swordsman himself? Hard to believe bunch of northerners took out those skilled knights.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #2769
Anti Hero
Be your own hero
 
Anti Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 7,516
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

When Robert fought he was far from just a fatty, he was a monster of a man in his prime.

The Northerners may not be fancy knights but they're stout fighters, they just don't care for games as much as southerners. As far as killing Dayne, It was 7 on 3 and still they barely won, so the Knights of the kings guard still handled them pretty good. Some people believe that Howland Reed probably did something unconventional that saved Ned and killed Dayne (i.e. warging, net throwing or some other shit).
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #2770
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler
 
dunksby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,461
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
When Robert fought he was far from just a fatty, he was a monster of a man in his prime.

The Northerners may not be fancy knights but they're stout fighters, they just don't care for games as much as southerners. As far as killing Dayne, It was 7 on 3 and still they barely won, so the Knights of the kings guard still handled them pretty good. Some people believe that Howland Reed probably did something unconventional that saved Ned and killed Dayne (i.e. warging, net throwing or some other shit).
Howland Reed is a badass, he sent his green seer lite son and his daughter to assist and guide Bran before even Bran knew he needed it.He could very well be the last surviving Child considering his son is gifted as well. All in all Crannogmen fighters seem to be the closest thing to Ninjas.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #2771
Anti Hero
Be your own hero
 
Anti Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 7,516
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

I think of them as more like if guerrilla fighters had sex with swamp thing and had babies. The Crannogmen would be the babies of that union.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #2772
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,110
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Ah yea, but wasn't Rhaegar an amazing swordsman himself? Hard to believe bunch of northerners took out those skilled knights.

Rhaegar wasn't born with a sword in his hand like Jaimie. He was actually a book worm early in his childhood. All the main characters pretty much come from noble houses so they'd receive the same level of training and the rest is up to the individual's skill and drive. The Northmen known more as battle commanders but still when you have a 6'5 Robert Baratheon coming at you with his war hammer and in full rage mode beating him is still a daunting task.

As for Ned's battle with Dayne like someone said the battle was 3 on 6 in the tower and there were only 2 survivors. Just shows how awesome Dayne and the other Kingsguard were.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #2773
rezznor
Nosetradamus
 
rezznor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tonga
Posts: 15,930
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Howland Reed is a badass,All in all Crannogmen fighters seem to be the closest thing to Ninjas.
Howland is so stealthy, we still haven't been able to see him yet
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #2774
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler
 
dunksby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,461
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
I think of them as more like if guerrilla fighters had sex with swamp thing and had babies. The Crannogmen would be the babies of that union.
Or better yet mutant ninjas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
Howland is so stealthy, we still haven't been able to see him yet
Best way to survive in ASOIAF.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #2775
highwhey
el vato encabronado
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 5,776
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

i began reading the book, already halfway through lol.

i rewatched some of season 1, skipping through the boring crap but reading the book somehow makes the scenes more vivid. the whole sansa/hound convo is pretty interesting. then when the hound saves the kinght of flowers and confronts the mountain in front of the king, very badass scene in the show that i had forgotten

who do you guys believe would win? sir clergaine or the mountain? the shows has so much potential for awesome sword fights, i hope they begin shiowing them soon because we keep hearing about these past swordsmen who were great. i want to see the mountain vs hound.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy