Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #2941
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
The Hound might recognize her, but I just don't think it makes much sense for him to out her is all
he wasn't outing her intentionally but he also had no reason to hold back. he doesn't give two shits about arya, nor does he give two shits about sansa. his minor sentimental moment with sansa was purely a sporadic "please try to understand me" type deal, in the heat of a battle he just fled because of his fked up pyrophobia, and sansa would be one of the few characters with which he might actually act so spontaneously sentimental with because she's a totally naive frightened child who won't judge one way or another.

the hound is definitely a tragic character but not because in his heart of hearts he actually feels any connection to anybody. more so because he wants to and knows because he's been a killer his whole life and has experienced so much that he'll never be able to. very conflicted but at the end of the day, he'll never feel the sort of attachment to anybody that will one day hurt him... maybe because he knows if he does, he'll inevitably get hurt.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #2942
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
I definitely do not think the Hound was 'outing' her intentionally. He more than likely assumed the Brotherhood knew who Arya was, since she is eating with them. So really it was just an honest question, why the hell do you have a Stark bitch?

Jesus I thought you were talking to yourself for a minute! talk about confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
I wonder what they do about the kids. The one who plays Bran is 14 now and looks like a grown ass man in some shots.

Yeah Bran is growing like a god damn weed. I think they may just speed up the time in the shows. I consider the show it's own entity so I wouldn't expect it to follow the time line of the books. As for the girls they could still use make up and certain camera angles to keep them looking young. Side note I think grown up version of Bran would make a better Jon Snow
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #2943
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
he wasn't outing her intentionally but he also had no reason to hold back. he doesn't give two shits about arya, nor does he give two shits about sansa. his minor sentimental moment with sansa was purely a sporadic "please try to understand me" type deal, in the heat of a battle he just fled because of his fked up pyrophobia, and sansa would be one of the few characters with which he might actually act so spontaneously sentimental with because she's a totally naive frightened child who won't judge one way or another.

the hound is definitely a tragic character but not because in his heart of hearts he actually feels any connection to anybody. more so because he wants to and knows because he's been a killer his whole life and has experienced so much that he'll never be able to. very conflicted but at the end of the day, he'll never feel the sort of attachment to anybody that will one day hurt him... maybe because he knows if he does, he'll inevitably get hurt.

Ehhh I donno about all that. I think the Hound shares some feelings towards Sansa. Not sexual feelings, per se, but he definitely sympathizes with her. He wouldn't have gone out of his way to look for her when she was missing after the king's entourage was attacked if he didn't care for her.

After he brings her back to Maegor's holdfast, Tyrion thanks him for finding Sansa and he says something like "I didn't do it for you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Jesus I thought you were talking to yourself for a minute! talk about confusing.

Yeah apparently I'm not very original. There are several Miller Time's on this forum lol

Last edited by ItsMillerTime : 04-09-2013 at 04:20 PM.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #2944
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i know bravos is across the sea but what other place is close to? the interactive map feature on hbo go doesnt list bravos, or atleast its eluding me...
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #2945
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
After he brings her back to Maegor's holdfast, Tyrion thanks him for finding Sansa and he says something like "I didn't do it for you."
so that means he did it for her? i'm not so sure about that though it's up for debate. i reckon he did it more for himself and his position as 'guardian', eventually kingsguard though even before that he still played the same role when he was just a 'dog'. but by and large dude is in it for himself. it's what he consistently says to everybody, and while on the one hand that's a triggered response, it's also got a lot of truth.

i think the hound's character is a total reflection of his upbringing and his family and his relationship with his brother, a vicious killer he wishes he didn't have as much in common with as he actually does. but that holds him back in all other areas, like with regard to the sort of sympathy you're talking about. and the only thing that keeps him sane, and prevents him -- at least in his own mind -- from being too much like his brother -- is the same sense of duty he shares with Ned Stark. they just embody it for different reasons, and as a result, apply it differently as well. in the hound's case, that duty manifests in holding sacred not the people he protects but the reason he protects them. hense, saving sansa.... who he definitely pities but i wouldn't necessarily say sympathizes with.

Last edited by RidonKs : 04-09-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #2946
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Let's be honest. Does everyone here understand all the relationships of all these characters? WTF....confusing as shit.

Who is the guy Arya met in the woods? What house is he from?
bagelred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #2947
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this boardItsMillerTime is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred

He is Thoros of Myr. He isn't a member of a Westerosi House, rather he is from Myr which is a town across the Narrow Sea. You will see a lot more of what he can do in the next episodes.

He's part of the Brotherhood Without Banners. When Robert was King, Ned sent them out to track down The Mountain and bring him to justice (they weren't called the Brotherhood Without Banners at that point). Now that Ned and Robert are dead, they're a bunch of discarded knights and swell-swords without a home, so they fight for the small folk of the countryside.

Last edited by ItsMillerTime : 04-09-2013 at 04:48 PM.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #2948
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Let's be honest. Does everyone here understand all the relationships of all these characters? WTF....confusing as shit.

if you read the books, it's easy. if not, well yeah, you're pretty much inevitably lost. nature of the series its like war and peace with all the family names and conflicts lol
Old 04-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #2949
longtime lurker

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
Ehhh I donno about all that. I think the Hound shares some feelings towards Sansa. Not sexual feelings, per se, but he definitely sympathizes with her. He wouldn't have gone out of his way to look for her when she was missing after the king's entourage was attacked if he didn't care for her.

I think the Hound's relationship with Sansa is not full on sympathy but I think she represents a kind of innocence with her ideals about knights, princesses etc. He gave her an out because he knows Kingslanding would eat her up and this was her only chance to escape during the battle.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #2950
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I couldn't help myself and had to google what the hell the red wedding was....my god. Don't discuss the book here anymore, i get too tempted
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #2951
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
I couldn't help myself and had to google what the hell the red wedding was....my god. Don't discuss the book here anymore, i get too tempted
This thread is funny people are giving out spoilers but at the same time asking questions about whats next.

Example
After so and so dies and so and so go to bravos whats next?That person hasnt died yet and that other person wont be going anywhere until probably the next season.

Blah blah is public enemy #1 but so far in 2 episodes theres been no indication that he will be a villian.

I really like this character its sad whats going to happen to him.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #2952
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
This thread is funny people are giving out spoilers but at the same time asking questions about whats next.

Example
After so and so dies and so and so go to bravos whats next?That person hasnt died yet and that other person wont be going anywhere until probably the next season.

Blah blah is public enemy #1 but so far in 2 episodes theres been no indication that he will be a villian.

I really like this character its sad whats going to happen to him.

I would of loved to have the shock factor for the Red Wedding, but its w.e, Its the only thing ik that will happen. Everything else is left unspoiled
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #2953
longtime lurker

Quote:

Why would you do that to yourself. There shouldn't be any mentions of spoilers in this thread.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #2954
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I would of loved to have the shock factor for the Red Wedding, but its w.e, Its the only thing ik that will happen. Everything else is left unspoiled
I got that spoiled too on facebook or something like that before I got to that part of the book. People just like to write spoilers in comments...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #2955
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its official Strong Belwas is not in this season

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/04/gr...-has-been-cut/

oh well he's a cool character but not important so i see why they dont have him
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: