Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-17-2011, 01:30 PM   #16
Godzuki
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

If there isn't a lot of action, and more 'talkiness' i'm going to be disappointed. I'm the opposite of that pompous reviewer i guess. I prefer some intrigue and complexity but there should be a lot of action too. At least one bad ass i hope.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #17
ZeN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
just the first book?
im 80 pages into the second novel...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #18
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
im 80 pages into the second novel...
ahhh, ok cool. I am re-reading the entire series in preparation for the new book.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:54 PM   #19
clipse026
Local High School Star

Thoughts on the 1st episode? I didn't really know what this was about really beforehand. But it seems to be off to a good start. The White Walkers (?) were pretty creepy looking and the King of the blue paint people (something with a T) gave me a 300 vibe.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:58 PM   #20
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Any chance to see this online? Stream?
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:01 AM   #21
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Any chance to see this online? Stream?
+1

I'll check the Rogan Board, they usually have links.. I'll post if I find one
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:07 AM   #22
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
+1

I'll check the Rogan Board, they usually have links.. I'll post if I find one

Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:16 AM   #23
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Torrent

Different torrent

None of the steams are working..
Old 04-19-2011, 12:39 AM   #24
rezznor
Nosetradamus

first 12 minutes

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/04/w...of-thrones.php
Old 04-19-2011, 03:50 AM   #25
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Just finished the first episode... damn that was good... question though, at the end the boy catches the two people... who was she, why was it a big deal.. I missed a few parts switching between tabs talking to an old friend on facebook
Old 04-19-2011, 10:03 AM   #26
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Just finished the first episode... damn that was good... question though, at the end the boy catches the two people... who was she, why was it a big deal.. I missed a few parts switching between tabs talking to an old friend on facebook
they were the Lannister twins. the woman was the Queen and the guy was part of the King's special guard. If the King knew then both of their heads would be sitting on a stick, plus, an affair between the two will reveal other secrets (spoiler in white) the King's children really belong to the Queen and her brother, thus making them ineligible to the throne

Yeah, it will be hard to keep up with everyone at first but if you have any questions just let me know.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #27
Godzuki
Very good NBA starter

It was okay i guess but its too early to tell how good its going to be. Every time i see that one guy i keep thinking of LOTR, i think he was Boromir? Its hard not to type cast him as a LOTR dude.

I spoiled myself with the Wiki, only for Game of Thrones, where it sort of explained what was happening in the first episode but really didn't give a conclusion, altho i guess there are other books. I wonder if they're going to fight dragons/monsters, or have magic swords and stuff, altho the current direction of the show seems to be way more about intrigue.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #28
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
It was okay i guess but its too early to tell how good its going to be. Every time i see that one guy i keep thinking of LOTR, i think he was Boromir? Its hard not to type cast him as a LOTR dude.

I spoiled myself with the Wiki, only for Game of Thrones, where it sort of explained what was happening in the first episode but really didn't give a conclusion, altho i guess there are other books. I wonder if they're going to fight dragons/monsters, or have magic swords and stuff, altho the current direction of the show seems to be way more about intrigue.

you almost have to read up on wiki or hbo's website to get a full understanding of everything, there are so many characters and houses, not to mention the events in the past have everything to do with why things are the way they are right now. the first few chapters will be slower to introduce everything.

there are dragons and other types of fantasy creatures in the series, but it is very subdued. this is more grounded in reality then other fantasy books, so you won't be seeing wizards slinging magic around and stuff like that. the first half of the book is definitely mostly political intrigue, but the action will pick up once the secrets start coming out.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #29
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Yeah, it will be hard to keep up with everyone at first but if you have any questions just let me know.

They're brother and sister.... icky!!
Old 04-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #30
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
you almost have to read up on wiki or hbo's website to get a full understanding of everything, there are so many characters and houses, not to mention the events in the past have everything to do with why things are the way they are right now. the first few chapters will be slower to introduce everything.

there are dragons and other types of fantasy creatures in the series, but it is very subdued. this is more grounded in reality then other fantasy books, so you won't be seeing wizards slinging magic around and stuff like that. the first half of the book is definitely mostly political intrigue, but the action will pick up once the secrets start coming out.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to hit up some crib notes. I watched, but just couldn't get into it. It was definitely a bit overwhelming for the uninatiated. It opened with ritual dismemberment, and included and midget getting a hummer, so it's probably worth a further look.

I was a little distracted at the time though waiting for The Killing to start up.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: