Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-15-2013, 01:42 AM   #3016
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
ah ok so nothing really of importance then Theon is my favorite character and he's been getting raped (no pun intended) before this episode but almost literally got raped in this episode
Theon has one of the best story lines in the books if you're not one of those people who just likes "the good guys" and hates "the bad guys". He's a total roller coaster.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:51 AM   #3017
BrickingStar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Theon has one of the best story lines in the books if you're not one of those people who just likes "the good guys" and hates "the bad guys". He's a total roller coaster.
Sometimes it tends to be the opposite tbh I never even hated skyler white
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:12 AM   #3018
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

Well goddamn lets just hope Jamie is left handed.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:49 AM   #3019
Pointguard
NBA sixth man of the year

Fat guy hooked Arya up with a wolf muffin. I mean they should have hugged it was like a year of facing death together. She said to the hound "you remember...? So is this the place where she put the beat down on King Coward??? So she very familiar with the place.

Bread, crosses, crucifixions, freeing the slaves... was this supposed to be the Easter edition?

Stannis has one sorry rap and needs a wardrobe manager. He's one grimy mofo that could get Old Spice and Right Guard endorsements right away. He's not that bright either. Could do the "so easy a caveman can do it" commercial as well... but not for becoming a King! Did homegirl say she needed King's Blood (semen) so she's going to another island? That Stannis didn't have proper fire for her oven!!! That he didn't have enough strength? Hey, at least Kobe knows when to cry, but this clown?

Theons "Final Destination" episode was like whoa. The producers were in a near rape mood for this episode. At times, the show seems too ready to bring in new characters.

How about Dany's surprise purchase of a whole city of mouths to feed. How about giving up one of babies for them. Wow, but I have to believe that a dragon with wings can go back to his mother and siblings when the mood strikes it. Dany makes a lot of choices from her innocence and great consciousness/humanity, but the author does use the show to demonstrate how ruler-ship corrupts and ruins the individual so I don't know what to expect. Got to love the interpreter's great ability to give the diplomatic interpretation. Big ups to the Unsullied dealer's acknowledgment of Dany's curvacious butt.

The Squire Pod-Dick? is only intelligence away from becoming Big Finger, Pimp of KingsWood. This is writing in of Tyrion parts is getting kind of comical. This, along with five minutes of musical chairs makes you wonder what is up with wasting time? Maybe they could use the time to develop the ten million characters being introduced each week. I wonder how this character SlyPod develops.

I notice that the production has a distance with Rob Starks. He's distant and moves more like a chess piece than a human.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:58 AM   #3020
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

What the fcuk!
Walking Dead all over again!
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:33 AM   #3021
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
Fat guy hooked Arya up with a wolf muffin. I mean they should have hugged it was like a year of facing death together. She said to the hound "you remember...? So is this the place where she put the beat down on King Coward??? So she very familiar with the place.

yes, that's the same spot she was stick-sword fighting with the butcher's boy that ended up with Joffrey's bitch ass getting bit and the the butcher's boy eventually being slaughtered.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:02 AM   #3022
PieceOfFelt
Serious playground baller

Looks like a good show, haven't seen it.

- Felt
PieceOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:02 AM   #3023
PieceOfFelt
Serious playground baller

What time period is it set in?

- Felt
PieceOfFelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:04 AM   #3024
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieceOfFelt
What time period is it set in?

- Felt
late 1980s
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:48 AM   #3025
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Who was that badass old man that had that "Let me show you how it's done scrub" expression, grabbed the bow and nailed it?
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:09 AM   #3026
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Who was that badass old man that had that "Let me show you how it's done scrub" expression, grabbed the bow and nailed it?
Bryden "Blackfish" Tully. Hes Cats, lyza and edmures(the one that couldnt hit the boat) uncle.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:30 AM   #3027
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
Bryden "Blackfish" Tully. Hes Cats, lyza and edmures(the one that couldnt hit the boat) uncle.
Yea later on in the episode I realized it.

So that's the guy Jamie praised? The same guy who met him in the book without worrying about Jamie in a battle? Has to be some badass fighter. Hope we see him in action.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #3028
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #3029
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

My impressions are.

I really enjoy The Blackfish. I enjoy him from the books, but I'm already liking the casting and the way he's played out. The smirky way he hit the boat with the arrow, and his talking to his nephew Edmure to get Robb going were really well done.

I don't think they've spent enough time on Robb's end of things yet. In the books, his grandfather is still alive when they get to Riverrun. There's a re-connection between Cat and her father before he dies, if I recall correctly. It felt like they just didn't want to introduce another character that would feel that important only to have him die an episode later. But still, they've amended the story some to shorten Robb's ride this season it seems.

I feel they're doing better on Dany's story than the show has done in either of the previous seasons. There have been some changes. Obviously the indroductions of Barristan came earlier, but in a visual medium, it was necessary.

Theon's story is great, and they're setting it up fuller than I thought they would. There is a part I thought they'd skip that they appear to not be, which is good.

My recollection is that they cut Jamie's hand off prematurely in comparison to the book, again, if my memory is right, but I'm all right with that. Someone is no longer the best swordsmen in the Seven Kindoms. I found it amusing that he and Brienne almost had the same argument that was in this thread a couple weeks ago, about his being shackled and in a cage for a year, it was almost as if they were responding to message board chatter. Overall the changing of the Bloody Mummers to Bolton's is an odd choice to me. It does simplify an otherwise crowded story, but I'm not sure how it affects things wholesale. And they seem to have made the lead guy into The Goat in a way anyhow.

Generally speaking, I've got the feeling that the show is maybe just a touch spiralling too big. You can get lost in the characters. And go a couple weeks it seems without seeing someone seemingly of consequence. I personally like episodes that don't spin so much, give me 20 minutes each on three characters rather than 10 minutes on 6, but that pushes you more toward not seeing people for weeks at a time. After last weeks somewhat dramatic introduction of the Queen of Thorns, this week the Tyrell's make no appearance at all for example. Nor Joffrey, or Sansa.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #3030
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Also, the chick who plays the interpreter, Asande, is smoking hot, and look forward to her moving forward a great deal.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: