Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-19-2013, 10:36 PM   #3091
highwhey
PBS Media

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

the ending was nice but khaleesis scene by far was the best aww lawwd.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #3092
ItsMillerTime
Young Trece

Sam the Slayer

and Dany tits > all other tits
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #3093
highwhey
PBS Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
Sam the Slayer

and Dany tits > all other tits
she had some nice puffy nipples. i would motorboat them. thats what you call a thargarean motorboat. my boner would be stiffer than valyrian steel.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #3094
Smoke117
5-time NBA All-Star

You know I just picked up the 5th book from the library (I don't buy books unless I have to and it had been a couple years since I last read book 4 and I'm a drunk so I forgot most of the series and wasn't in that much of a hurry to pick up 5), but I honestly have to say I'm kind of bored by it. I think the whole POV chapters are really formulaic the way it's always split into this character or that character (Brandon Sanderson is the biggest criminal of this tool) and it especially is annoying for story arcs for characters I never found interesting or cared about like Dany, Bran, and Davos to a certain point (though while not an interesting character himself things that are interesting actually happen to him or from his "POV" chapters).

I have to admit though a lot my interest has waned because I just don't ****ing remember shit. I read a lot of book 1-4 while drinking and that was back in 2008-2009 so it's hard to remember details or why I should care about this or that. While I'm an avid book reader I'm not one to read books again. I can watch movies that I love a thousand times, but for a book...you have to put in actual time and I just can't care to read something over when I already know what happens in a novel. To honest that could be the problem I have with 'A Dance with Dragons'. I told someone to tell me what happened in the book because I just didn't care about the series anymore since I knew it would be about five years until the next book with GRRM record these days.

Last edited by Smoke117 : 05-19-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #3095
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Slow episode. Was expecting more.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:05 AM   #3096
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Slow episode. Was expecting more.

Dany's titties were well worth it.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:08 AM   #3097
Pointguard
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
You know I just picked up the 5th book from the library (I don't buy books unless I have to and it had been a couple years since I last read book 4 and I'm a drunk so I forgot most of the series and wasn't in that much of a hurry to pick up 5), but I honestly have to say I'm kind of bored by it. I think the whole POV chapters are really formulaic the way it's always split into this character or that character (Brandon Sanderson is the biggest criminal of this tool) and it especially is annoying for story arcs for characters I never found interesting or cared about like Dany, Bran, and Davos to a certain point (though while not an interesting character himself things that are interesting actually happen to him or from his "POV" chapters).

I have to admit though a lot my interest has waned because I just don't ****ing remember shit. I read a lot of book 1-4 while drinking and that was back in 2008-2009 so it's hard to remember details or why I should care about this or that. While I'm an avid book reader I'm not one to read books again. I can watch movies that I love a thousand times, but for a book...you have to put in actual time and I just can't care to read something over when I already know what happens in a novel. To honest that could be the problem I have with 'A Dance with Dragons'. I told someone to tell me what happened in the book because I just didn't care about the series anymore since I knew it would be about five years until the next book with GRRM record these days.

Your screenname should be Drink instead of Smoke.

Episode was weirdly slow and twisted away from one of the its most epic build ups. No war. We know the unsullied aren't the best protectors in the world but we know Dany is too vital to the story to be had that quick. So we now must look forward to the weddings! OK the wall and Rob's bone headedness are still unexplored. Big man left the sword that's capable of killing Night Walkers. Who knows? Maybe it will awaken his inner serial killer?

Can somebody tell me the three names of the three sausages of Baretheon blood thrown into the Grill (Rob, Joffrey and who was the other?).
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:16 AM   #3098
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

My first impression is that that episode was really good. But I think the last two whereas real lull, so maybe that's part of it. Two great Cersei scenes with both Tyrell kids. Two excellent Joffrey the asshole moments. More excellent Tywin with Tyrion. Excellent short bit from Olenna. Even the usually dull Sansa really nailed this, and Shea too. The pageanttry of the wedding in general was really well done.

Then Khaleesi is progressing story wise. Daario didn't play nearly how I read him though. He seemed too pretty. And while he was cocky, it was a different kind of cocky than I read. Frankly the crude captain was closer to what I expected, just toned down some (his whore was awesome by the way).

Also Sam's bit north of the wall had the best tone we've seen in a while up there. I like Ygritte plenty, but its been all love and bickering with that story. The tone of a sense of threat had been lost. The crows on the tree were really well handled.

And part of why this episode worked for me is that's nearly all we got. It wasn't spread soon thin trying to push all the plots to where they need to be. A little Arya and hound, just to establish them moving forward. And a smallish bit with Melisendre ( a lot of good visuals this week) and company.

No Robb. No Theon, thankfully. No Jon Snow, which I could use the break. I hope that kid can keep the Jon Snow character from aggregating me, because that's my lone concern. And no Jamie / Brienne road show, which is fine after such a nice breaking point for them was hit last week.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:20 AM   #3099
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
Your screenname should be Drink instead of Smoke.

Episode was weirdly slow and twisted away from one of the its most epic build ups. No war. We know the unsullied aren't the best protectors in the world but we know Dany is too vital to the story to be had that quick. So we now must look forward to the weddings! OK the wall and Rob's bone headedness are still unexplored. Big man left the sword that's capable of killing Night Walkers. Who knows? Maybe it will awaken his inner serial killer?

Can somebody tell me the three names of the three sausages of Baretheon blood thrown into the Grill (Rob, Joffrey and who was the other?).

Abalone Greyjoy, Theon's father, was the 3rd one, which I'll admit was odd since we haven't seen him all season, but he declared himself King of the Iron Islands, then started his reaving of the North.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:21 AM   #3100
Patrick Chewing
King of the 5 Boroughs

This season has been kind of a bore so far and it makes you wonder seeing how the third book is the largest in the series thus far I do believe.

And the girl with the coins just had me licking my lips
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:17 AM   #3101
The_Yearning
NBA rookie of the year

That dumb fat boy forgot to pick up his knife. And that new pretty boy is a nice addition to the Dany camp. Ser Jorah might get a little jelly though!

Last edited by The_Yearning : 05-20-2013 at 03:23 AM.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:41 AM   #3102
Nick Young
Arbiter of Coexistence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117

why do you get drunk by yourself while reading fantasy books?
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:16 AM   #3103
Graviton
☯‿☯

Damn Melisandre is the hottest out of them all, combined with her eyes/face it's not even a contest. Dany looks sexier with clothes on, her body doesn't match up with her gorgeous face. Tyrell/Cercei are in that 3rd spot, though have similar issues with beautiful face/flat body though.

As for the story it's nice to see it progressing faster, as usual Tywin was a boss, Tyrion was his usual kind self, Cercei was a ****in crazy bitch and Joffrey was the lord of douchebags.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #3104
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
the ending was nice but khaleesis scene by far was the best aww lawwd.

She's got a bangin body. Damn!
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #3105
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

They need to make these seasons 12-13 episodes. Forget budget.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: