Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #301
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I watched the first three episodes last night. I had to fight the urge to stay up and watch all of them. Why did they have to kill the wolf?

I hated that part too. That wolf was badass.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #302
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I watched that shit for three hours straight and I would've bet my life that Daenerys Targaryen was Piper Perabo. I mean, I knew it.

And I was so utterly wrong.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #303
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I hated that part too. That wolf was badass.

They haven't done anything yet, but they talk about the wolves a lot in the books, and I'm pretty certain they're going to become a big deal down the road. They talk about Jon Snow's all the time, Ghost, about how he keeps him in the stables at Castle Black, which seems like a pretty nice perk considering what a bunch of hard ass ball busters they are up there, and I don't even think they've shown him in the show.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #304
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Last episode and episode 5 were the best. Littlefinger is probably my favorite character.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:14 PM   #305
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Godzuki has not been impressing people

the good thing is that wolf they killed was the red headed sisters wolf, and she basically lied anyways to cover for the prince.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:15 PM   #306
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
They haven't done anything yet, but they talk about the wolves a lot in the books, and I'm pretty certain they're going to become a big deal down the road. They talk about Jon Snow's all the time, Ghost, about how he keeps him in the stables at Castle Black, which seems like a pretty nice perk considering what a bunch of hard ass ball busters they are up there, and I don't even think they've shown him in the show.

I was going to mention the wolves thing and how little they'd been featured in the past few episodes

Seems like there's so much material they can use still and this season's almost over. If they end this season well, and I have no doubts that they will, it's going to be a brutal wait for the next season
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #307
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzuki
the good thing is that wolf they killed was the red headed sisters wolf, and she basically lied anyways to cover for the prince.

Yeah, last we saw of her she still smitten over Joffrey. She didn't want somenoe smart and caring, she wanted him. I don't know this or not, but I know that the wolves were for the Stark Children, and if she deserts her family for a Lannister, a full blooded Lannister at that, then is she really a Stark anymore? She shouldn't even have direwolf, the sigil of her family.

I am a little up in the air on Littlefinger's motives. He pushed Ned to find out the truth about Joffrey. He pushed him almost exclusively. What was his motivation for pushing him? He's not loyal to the Targaryens, as evidenced by his questioning The Spider's loyalty when he discovered he's pro-Targeryan. Littlefinger also hasn't shown any particular loyalty toward the Lannisters, in fact his pushing Ned to discover the truth about Joffrey I'd read as almost expressly Anti-Lannister. And we know he has no love lost for the Starks. We know he loves Catelyn Tulley-Stark. But what does instigating this war between the Starks and Lannisters get him? The only thing I can think is that he'd hope for Ned's demise, but now he's exposed himself against Ned at the end of the last episode. That's not gonna help him win over Cate unless he kills Ned and plays it off as one of The Lannister's doing it. And even then, I still don't see why he'd help him resolve the Joffrey situation. Unless it's to try to impress Catelyn by aiding in the answer about her sister's husband?

I don't know. He's a little off to me.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #308
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

The reason behind the wolves not being as dominant as they are in the books is that the specific dogs they are using as wolf cubs are very hard to train. In season 2 they are gonna be all CGI since direwolves are supposed to be monstrously big.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:35 PM   #309
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
The reason behind the wolves not being as dominant as they are in the books is that the specific dogs they are using as wolf cubs are very hard to train. In season 2 they are gonna be all CGI since direwolves are supposed to be monstrously big.

I was actually of the opinion it may have been an effort to keep costs down with the CGI.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #310
iamgine

iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Yeah, last we saw of her she still smitten over Joffrey. She didn't want somenoe smart and caring, she wanted him. I don't know this or not, but I know that the wolves were for the Stark Children, and if she deserts her family for a Lannister, a full blooded Lannister at that, then is she really a Stark anymore? She shouldn't even have direwolf, the sigil of her family.

I am a little up in the air on Littlefinger's motives. He pushed Ned to find out the truth about Joffrey. He pushed him almost exclusively. What was his motivation for pushing him? He's not loyal to the Targaryens, as evidenced by his questioning The Spider's loyalty when he discovered he's pro-Targeryan. Littlefinger also hasn't shown any particular loyalty toward the Lannisters, in fact his pushing Ned to discover the truth about Joffrey I'd read as almost expressly Anti-Lannister. And we know he has no love lost for the Starks. We know he loves Catelyn Tulley-Stark. But what does instigating this war between the Starks and Lannisters get him? The only thing I can think is that he'd hope for Ned's demise, but now he's exposed himself against Ned at the end of the last episode. That's not gonna help him win over Cate unless he kills Ned and plays it off as one of The Lannister's doing it. And even then, I still don't see why he'd help him resolve the Joffrey situation. Unless it's to try to impress Catelyn by aiding in the answer about her sister's husband?

I don't know. He's a little off to me.
I love that character. Him and the fat bald man in the king's counsel.

There's a lot at stake for him. Surely informing the Lannisters about Ned's scheme would get him on their good side now that the blond kid is king. Don't forget that he knew their secret, thus he has a huge advantage that he can use. If Robert's brother becomes king, there's nothing in it for him. Remember his conversation with Ned just beforehand? He tried to include Ned in his plan but failed so he decided to do it himself. At least that's what I get. I don't read the book tho so I might be wrong.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #311
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
I love that character. Him and the fat bald man in the king's counsel.

There's a lot at stake for him. Surely informing the Lannisters about Ned's scheme would get him on their good side now that the blond kid is king. Don't forget that he knew their secret, thus he has a huge advantage that he can use. If Robert's brother becomes king, there's nothing in it for him. Remember his conversation with Ned just beforehand? He tried to include Ned in his plan but failed so he decided to do it himself. At least that's what I get. I don't read the book tho so I might be wrong.

Yeah, that conversation with Robert's youngest brother. He's the gay one who's with the Knight Loras.

The next King will be Robert's other brother, who we haven't met yet, but whom I have a lot of hopes for. I'm hoping he's like a young Robert, ready to crush people with a war hammer.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #312
Anti Hero
Banned

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

In episode 7 he makes a brief appearance
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #313
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I watched that shit for three hours straight and I would've bet my life that Daenerys Targaryen was Piper Perabo. I mean, I knew it.

And I was so utterly wrong.

she's gorgeous...
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #314
iamgine

iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Yeah, that conversation with Robert's youngest brother. He's the gay one who's with the Knight Loras.

The next King will be Robert's other brother, who we haven't met yet, but whom I have a lot of hopes for. I'm hoping he's like a young Robert, ready to crush people with a war hammer.
No I meant Ned and Littlefinger's convo. Littlefinger tried to convince Ned to make the blond kid king despite him not a true heir.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:05 PM   #315
Anti Hero
Banned

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
No I meant Ned and Littlefinger's convo. Littlefinger tried to convince Ned to make the blond kid king despite him not a true heir.

Probably to make peace, so he could be removed by the Lannisters more easily and with less chance of a fight.. Either way (in reference to littlefinger) He was gonna send Ned down a path that led to the same destination. That's my guess
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: