Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #3166
BrickingStar
Banned

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Jesus... my favorite character (Theon) has been getting raped lately, seriously put him to death rather than torturing him or set him free already The guy who killed Craster has the GOAT voice I love the whole Khaleesi and dragon scene but my favorite scene in the episode was with Varys and Tyrion
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #3167
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59

You got me addicted to the good stuff, dat HD
anytime. if anyone else ever wants the HD download, just post the request here on mondays
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #3168
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Varys' point was patience, I don't think the warlock had been like that for long. I believe Varys recently has managed to capture him using his hard earned influence. If you noticed his mouth was stitched shut so he could not shout for help while he was being shipped to Varys.

2 day shipping. Varys wasn't very patient at all
Old 04-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #3169
rezznor
Nosetradamus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=iZxmaLw-aGk

next week's promo. spoilers in it...and looks like i was wrong about something i posted earlier, my bad my recollection from the books got muddled.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #3170
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=iZxmaLw-aGk

next week's promo. spoilers in it...and looks like i was wrong about something i posted earlier, my bad my recollection from the books got muddled.

I don't think it did. I think they changed it for dramatic effect for the show. I noticed it watching Sunday night.

The story about Thoros and the Flaming Sword happens when Ned and Co. arrive at Kings Landing, and they throw that Name Day Party for Joffrey, the same one where Loras beats The Mountain in the joust using the mare in heat. In the books Thoros wins the free for all event using his flaming sword. I believe it's Ned who points out to Arya that it's not magic, just a trick using the wildfire on his sword.

We later saw another Free for all that Brienne won beating Loras at Renly's camp.

Those things seem like a really ineffecient use of your soldiers, just having them kill each other for amusement.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #3171
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

2 day shipping. Varys wasn't very patient at all

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #3172
ItsMillerTime
Young Trece

Just re-watched the episode and I absolutely love how they displayed Dany's arsenal in the final scene. Horde of Dothraki, 8,000 Unsullied warriors, 3 mothafvcking dragons, and 2 Westerosi Knights/bodyguards (1 of which is arguably the best swordsman ever).

Good God...
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #3173
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
Just re-watched the episode and I absolutely love how they displayed Dany's arsenal in the final scene. Horde of Dothraki, 8,000 Unsullied warriors, 3 mothafvcking dragons, and 2 Westerosi Knights/bodyguards (1 of which is arguably the best swordsman ever).

Good God...
, 8k unsullied and 3 dragons is like the Miami heat trio in their first year. You can't say she's a premadonna any longer. As soon as those dragons mature, kings landing is in for an ass kicking.

Are the books worth reading? I got bored before i even finished the first one because there is too much chatter. At the end of the day, I don't give a sht about Sansa or Samwell
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:22 PM   #3174
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
, 8k unsullied and 3 dragons is like the Miami heat trio in their first year. You can't say she's a premadonna any longer. As soon as those dragons mature, kings landing is in for an ass kicking.

Are the books worth reading? I got bored before i even finished the first one because there is too much chatter. At the end of the day, I don't give a sht about Sansa or Samwell

That underestimation of how stupid Dany is.....
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #3175
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

You have no idea. Varys has been plotting for 20 years. Littlefinger too. Im not gonna spoil anything even though the show will change it....but...really. Its just them and people they manipulate for their own reasons. And I mean everyone...everywhere.

I was just watching a clip from the episode where Ned sends Lord Dondorrian to bring back the mountain and wow Littlefinger played Ned like a fiddle. The acting is very subtle but pretty much LF goaded him into screwing himself
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #3176
ItsMillerTime
Young Trece

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey

The books are very much worth reading. Yes there are some slow chapters and boring POVs (Cat can die in a fire), but even during those chapters GRRM will drop subtle hints that will fully develop 5-7 chapters later. My advice is to not focus on the characters themselves, but focus on the story and underlying plot for why these characters are POV characters.

Plus, Sansa's chapters are awesome in Book 4 (A Feast For Crows)
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:40 PM   #3177
embersyc
Lurker

Just got back from seeing Oblivion and was surprised to find Jaime Lanister the Kingslayer romping around in post-apocalyptia.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:09 AM   #3178
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Ok so that wasnt so much of a spoiler (Hound) rezznor. This whole god of light stuff is bugged out stuff to me.

Anyway good episode. And got damn Tywin is a f*cking boss of all bosses. And cersai smug look went away ASAP. What a turn of events. How this plays out should be interesting indeed. Carcetti (sorry thats his name) is a slimy sleezeball.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:15 AM   #3179
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Ok so that wasnt so much of a spoiler (Hound) rezznor. This whole god of light stuff is bugged out stuff to me.

Anyway good episode. And got damn Tywin is a f*cking boss of all bosses. And cersai smug look went away ASAP. What a turn of events. How this plays out should be interesting indeed. Carcetti (sorry thats his name) is a slimy sleezeball.

He's starting to lose the youthful look that made Tommy Carcetti who he was. I almost forgot it was the same actor today when watching the episode.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:20 AM   #3180
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
He's starting to lose the youthful look that made Tommy Carcetti who he was. I almost forgot it was the same actor today when watching the episode.

You're right because I was watching his scene with Sansaa and thought the same thing.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: