Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-30-2013, 04:03 AM   #3241
TonyMontana
Local High School Star

TonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputation
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Not sure if anyones answered this in the past two pages as I havn't gotten to them yet but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrewer
It was warranted, but dont you want to know the size of the army? We know Khaleesis is 8k, what about Robbs? knowing 1/3 left gives no clue to speculate. Just saying... that storyline has been frustrating.

During last season Tywin said that Robs army had 20k guys. They used 2k of their forces as a distraction so they could isolate and capture Jamie with their main force while Tywin/Tyrion and his viking guys took the bait. So after capturing Jamie he should've had 18k guys. If he lost a third of his guys that means he has 12k left. I'm not sure if hes added troops since last season though.

Last edited by TonyMontana : 04-30-2013 at 04:07 AM.
TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:35 AM   #3242
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

non-book readers should subscribe to the GOT youtube channel. it's nothing incredibly in depth but a few hours after each episode the guys behind it do a breakdown and give a bit more detail.

also, Jaime massacred that hot tub monologue, that was seriously incredible.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #3243
Pointguard
NBA rookie of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
If you know Tywin's background and family history you'd understand why he hates Tyrion's jokes.

Don't tell me he came out the womb telling jokes? Did he tell jokes at the mad king's funeral, ala that rapper guy (poet guy) did at King Barratheon's funeral. You have to admit that the author is very detailed.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #3244
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Jaime is a very misunderstood character. His actions were noble and saved potentially tens of thousands of people and King's Landing's infrastructure, and virtually ended the war/rebellion. But he's sort of a social pariah and looked down upon. It's no wonder he's kind of a dick. His heart was in the right place but circumstances destroyed his reputation, he is like the Robert Ford of Westeros.

Plus he bones his sister. Thats not going to get him any fans.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #3245
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy

Crippling Bran in an attempt to kill him didn't do him any favors either.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #3246
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
I'm not saying those 8k will take over westeros but don't underestimate the unsullied. In general it has become clear that dany freed them so to speak after mormont and barrastan counseled her on how sells words are not very reliable if the outlook of a battle/war is not positive. Compare this to how quickly. A lot of bannermen have abondoned Robb already. Armies fluctuate and 8k might not be a sizeable army but they are solid, and quality men, disciplined and now have become loyal to dany without the fear of death or worrisome about a particular leader/or loyal to their local leader rather than their king/queen.

Plus she has dragons. If tyrion was able to make a stand against stannis's fleet with wildfire, I think dany has a good outlook with fire breathing dragons. They can burn down castles and sheet.

Simply put size matters. The Unsullied are an awesome fighting force, even underrated by show standards but they're still basically footmen. They're lightly armored with spears and shields. Another thing to remember is that they're only as good as the commander giving orders Dany is completely unprepared in the ways of war, don't know how good a commander Ser Jorah is and Barriston seems liked he'd make an awesome commander but I don't know how much Dany trusts him. True a lot of bannermen would go to her side when she lands but she couldn't handle a united force of the LAnnisters, Tyrells and don't forget Dorne. These guys are battle hardened experienced lords and knights. Of course the Dragons right now are her trump card but they're still too small and uncontrollable to turn the tide in her favour.
longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #3247
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

In the books Jorah told Danny a story on the Unsullied. Said that in a famous battle 50 thousand Dothraki tried to take a city held by 3000 Unsullied....and lost. They attacked for like 3 days...eventually there were only 300 Unsullied left alive...but they had killed 10000+ of the Dothraki including the leaders...and they had not given one inch of ground....so the new leaders accepted defeat and had all 40 or so thousand soldiers left cut their hair and give it to the Unsullied as a sign of respect.

They didnt tell it in the show...but should have. Maybe they will....but I dont consider it a spoiler since in the books he told it to her before she even bought them. So the time for that has past.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #3248
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Something I found interesting, I was f'n around on the Game of Thrones Wiki and Jorah's father is actually Jeor Mormont, the head of the night watch that got killed in the 4th episode. I don't think it was ever mentioned on the show.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #3249
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Something I found interesting, I was f'n around on the Game of Thrones Wiki and Jorah's father is actually Jeor Mormont, the head of the night watch that got killed in the 4th episode. I don't think it was ever mentioned on the show.
It was mentioned but not in detail i believe. I didn't find out til a couple episodes ago ether, it was when i was reading the book that I realized it. Mormont mentions how his son brought shame upon their house,jorah mormont himself mentions it too by claiming he's an exile.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #3250
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
In the books Jorah told Danny a story on the Unsullied. Said that in a famous battle 50 thousand Dothraki tried to take a city held by 3000 Unsullied....and lost. They attacked for like 3 days...eventually there were only 300 Unsullied left alive...but they had killed 10000+ of the Dothraki including the leaders...and they had not given one inch of ground....so the new leaders accepted defeat and had all 40 or so thousand soldiers left cut their hair and give it to the Unsullied as a sign of respect.

They didnt tell it in the show...but should have. Maybe they will....but I dont consider it a spoiler since in the books he told it to her before she even bought them. So the time for that has past.
I began reading storm of swords. I didn't want to mention this ether but it really isn't much of a spoiler as you said. The numbers are more like 600 remaining unsullied and 12000 fallen dothraki. Ether way, this is why 8k of these soldiers are a solid army to begin with.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #3251
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy

Targaryens had been doing that for centuries, so I don't see why that's such a scandal in Westeros. What's the difference between the Dragons on the throne or the Lannisters on the throne doing it?

There's a lot worse scumbags in that realm than the Kingslayer. He should obviously get criticism for crippling Bran, but how many kids has the Mountain outright killed? The man saved King's Landing (as well as the Lannister and Stark armies) from being turned into a BBQ.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #3252
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

That was such an awesome story. Really wish they would have found away to work that in there, but maybe it would make the unsullied too much like 300. Which they're rip off of anyways
longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #3253
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
True a lot of bannermen would go to her side when she lands but she couldn't handle a united force of the LAnnisters, Tyrells and don't forget Dorne. These guys are battle hardened experienced lords and knights. Of course the Dragons right now are her trump card but they're still too small and uncontrollable to turn the tide in her favour.

How far into the books are you? I ask because you said something I cant explain the humor of without spoiling one of the biggest reveals of the series....and I wont do that. Im just curious.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #3254
Ancient Legend
Possessed by B-Ball

Ancient Legend is a pretty well-respected posterAncient Legend is a pretty well-respected posterAncient Legend is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm still wondering if that was Brienne's actress real ass. It looked like she could crush rocks with it.
Ancient Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #3255
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Simply put size matters. The Unsullied are an awesome fighting force, even underrated by show standards but they're still basically footmen. They're lightly armored with spears and shields. Another thing to remember is that they're only as good as the commander giving orders Dany is completely unprepared in the ways of war, don't know how good a commander Ser Jorah is and Barriston seems liked he'd make an awesome commander but I don't know how much Dany trusts him. True a lot of bannermen would go to her side when she lands but she couldn't handle a united force of the LAnnisters, Tyrells and don't forget Dorne. These guys are battle hardened experienced lords and knights. Of course the Dragons right now are her trump card but they're still too small and uncontrollable to turn the tide in her favour.

There may be some large houses that would welcome the return of a Targaryen regardless of which side they are currently fighting for.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: