Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #3301
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Legend
Game of Thrones: Red Wedding Reactions Compilation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=78juOpTM3tE

brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #3302
The_Yearning
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
Grey Wind deserved way better than that. ****ing Freys

Grey Wind is fighting for Dany
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #3303
Immortal Bum
Decent playground baller

You know what really fraken got to me. When Lady Stark took the wife hostage and it looked like Rob was going to live, then this old ****er is like "i don't give a ****." I got my hopes up that Rob was going to walk out of there. Such a roller coaster in a short span of time.
Immortal Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #3304
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
Grey Wind is fighting for Dany
Grey Wind was Robb's direwolf, guy fighting for Dany is called Grey Worm.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #3305
The_Yearning
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Bum
You know what really fraken got to me. When Lady Stark took the wife hostage and it looked like Rob was going to live, then this old ****er is like "i don't give a ****." I got my hopes up that Rob was going to walk out of there. Such a roller coaster in a short span of time.

Dude this is why Cate is so stupid... even IF Walder Frey were to consent to that, do you think Robb would oblige to such a thing? Walk out and do what? That is not what the Starks do... Robb looked like he wanted to just give up and kill himself at that point when the last thing he uttered was "Mother..."
Old 06-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #3306
The_Yearning
NBA rookie of the year

Exclamation Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
For the people wondering if its all going somewhere...if someone good is gonna come out on top....

Yes.

The whole series is about one person who different factions believe is a different person. The Prince Who Was Promised. Hes supposed to defeat evil. "His is the song of ice and fire" is what is said of him. The Books are called "A song of ice and firE". Not a spoiler since they mentioned it in the show but few seemed to catch it. A Dany scene mentioned it.

He is supposed to be born in salt and smoke or something. A great warrior. Hes gonna defeat the white walkers/evil in general and rule a world of peace.

Her brother Rhaegar thought it was him.

The red lady thinks its Stannis.

The Dothraki thought it was Drogo/Danys son who they called the Stallion who mounts the world before he died.

Many believe its John Snow.

Some even think its Tyrion.

A lot of the red priests think it was misunderstood and the "Prince" is actually a princess....Dany.

Again...not really a spoiler since they have touched on it and nobody knows who it will turn out to be. Could even be someone you wont see on the show for like 3 more years who would be a huuuuuuuuuuuuge spoiler to mention.

So bad as it appears....good is supposed to win.

My guess is that Jon is the prince for reasons id have to spoil things to explain.

But im sure Dany is involved as well. They do have white walkers to kill afterall. And they fear fire.....

Who knows.

But good will win.

Which scene?
Old 06-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #3307
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Bum
He got pierced by few crossbow bolts, chances for surviving aren't really high...
Old 06-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #3308
The_Yearning
NBA rookie of the year

Simple yes or no answer from book readers, did this Red Wedding have anything to do with what Stannis did in the previous episode?
Old 06-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #3309
Immortal Bum
Decent playground baller

What's with the talk about that little battle with Grey Worm? Nothing really happen there. They beat a few dudes, got surrounded, then it just went to them coming back victorious and bloody.
Immortal Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #3310
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Simple yes or no answer from book readers, did this Red Wedding have anything to do with what Stannis did in the previous episode?
I don't know is the simplest answer I can give you.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #3311
Patrick Chewing
King of the 5 Boroughs

Quote:

Spoiler:

Yes, all 3 false Kings will be dead by next season.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #3312
Ancient Legend
Possessed by B-Ball

Grey Worm is one cool eunuch. Kicked ass without balls.

As for the scene evolving the leeches and having to do with Robb's death, I think that (spoilers in white): it was invented for TV, since in the books Melisandre didn't actually have Gendry at his disposal, but rather Edric Storm (another bastard son from Robert), who is much younger. Melisandre didn't use leeches though, he was going to sacrifice Edric before Davos rescued him and shipped him away to Essos. In the show they might just do that with Gendry. I read the books a while ago so correct me if I'm wrong, but she never used leeches at all.
Ancient Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #3313
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

@Patrick Chewing in white

But we don't know that Melisandre or Red God did that.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #3314
Pointguard
NBA All-star

I thought Rob was expendable for some time, he favored his Dad a bit too much, but geesch, I wasn't expecting him to go out like this. This introducing a thousand characters and then not having key ones pop up and eliminate key players and half their family isn't good writing. I really thought this third season would start doing some interlocking of themes and key players. The Freys??? They definitely should have given some of Theon's torture time to the Freys because we didn't know their motus operandi or even much about their character and now they are heart and center of the story? Did I miss the clues about how they were money men or even people who didn't like promises broken.

Seriously, the Frey's were a bunch of goofy guys who were a product of Rob's awful play of chess. The Stark kids have been nomads for the whole season with the three oldest, and their mom's, looking like horribly incompetent sacrificial lambs and the next two being near superheroes.

Because they are basically good guys their dying stands out more but how about keeping it real with some of the others... and some other basic writing flaws:

How the fluck do the Lannister's deplorable and spoiled ways avoid fatalities in a feudal society? And since when are spoiled people the most socially adept con artist? How is it that Samuel, the one human nicer than Sansa's dreams, but has to look like a hamburger steak with hot sauce to dire wolves, white walkers and wildings, while leaving a weapon that could handle 9/10th of his traveling problems behind, can travel miles barely working fire making capabilities in the Forrest while protecting a baby?
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #3315
Psycho
Banned

AncientLegend, spoilers: Mel did use leeches in the book, but it is widely believed she only saw that Robb, Joff, and Balon would die in her fire and only did the ritual with the leeches to make it appear that she could kill people to impress Stannis.

Last edited by Psycho : 06-03-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: