Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #3301
monkeypox
National High School Star

monkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this board
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
So basically you just have a very short attention span. How old are you?

Loved that show. Too bad it became way too expensive to produce. They were planning on doing at least one more season, probably two.

I don't think it has much to do with attention span. For me Mad Men is just running out of steam. They seem to just be repeating things over and over. Draper cheats, Draper shits himself over his past, Draper deals with an upstart, the big account, ect. ect. It's also starting to get a bit forrest gumpy with the corny way they're introducing historical events lately. The season so far seems kind of aimless and the characters don't seem to be progressing much.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #3302
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kL7RWUva7ak

Not bad at all...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #3303
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypox
I don't think it has much to do with attention span. For me Mad Men is just running out of steam. They seem to just be repeating things over and over. Draper cheats, Draper shits himself over his past, Draper deals with an upstart, the big account, ect. ect. It's also starting to get a bit forrest gumpy with the corny way they're introducing historical events lately. The season so far seems kind of aimless and the characters don't seem to be progressing much.

Agree completely, especially with the Forest Gump type history lessons.

My hope, however, is that they're simply starting off slow before concluding it brilliantly. The first 4-6 episodes of the Sopranos Season 6 started off slow as well.

As for GoT? I don't like the casting. Outside of the main characters, the casting has been mostly moronic. The secondary and third tier characters are terrible.

I didn't imagine Grey Worm to be some scrawny kid. He's meant to be stocky and fiercer looking.

Also, all the forced sex scenes. Works in the books. Don't want to see it so goddamn much when you could instead add to the characters, the world, or to the fight scenes.

Sh*t like this keeps me from enjoying the show. I don't understand all the hype around it.

Last edited by Joshumitsu : 05-04-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #3304
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation here

show is better for those who havent read the books

best show on TV, by far.

at least until breaking bad comes back
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #3305
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshumitsu

My hope, however, is that they're simply starting off slow before concluding it brilliantly. The first 4-6 episodes of the Sopranos Season 6 started off slow as well.

As for GoT? I don't like the casting. Outside of the main characters, the casting has been mostly moronic. The secondary and third tier characters are terrible.

I didn't imagine Grey Worm to be some scrawny kid. He's meant to be stocky and fiercer looking.

Also, all the forced sex scenes. Works in the books. Don't want to see it so goddamn much when you could instead add to the characters, the world, or to the fight scenes.

Sh*t like this keeps me from enjoying the show. I don't understand all the hype around it.
You have to remember, you're completely invested in the storyline and all the characters as evidenced by your reading of the book.

HBO and I would assume the producers of the show are still trying to turn it into a huge hit to justify the crazy budget relative to other shows of the past. Those forced sex scenes might have you grinding your teeth because it is time which could be spent developing characters, but it also may allow a wider audience to start tuning in... First for the gratuitous sex and hopefully later for the story.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #3306
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
I quite enjoyed that.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #3307
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
downloadin this shit
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #3308
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
You have to remember, you're completely invested in the storyline and all the characters as evidenced by your reading of the book.

HBO and I would assume the producers of the show are still trying to turn it into a huge hit to justify the crazy budget relative to other shows of the past. Those forced sex scenes might have you grinding your teeth because it is time which could be spent developing characters, but it also may allow a wider audience to start tuning in... First for the gratuitous sex and hopefully later for the story.

This. So many book readers bitch about the show, but really the producers aren't making it for book readers. The show still flows quite well for the non book reading viewers.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #3309
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
This. So many book readers bitch about the show, but really the producers aren't making it for book readers. The show still flows quite well for the non book reading viewers.
Problem with some of the book readers I know is that adapting a novel like ASOIAF is incredibly difficult. What the show has accomplished is pretty impressive
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:42 AM   #3310
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshumitsu

havent really been any excessive sex scenes this season
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:51 AM   #3311
Graviton
The Last Alpha Lion

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For me as far as HBO shows go...

Oz>(Game of Thrones=Sopranos)>The Wire>Deadwood.

Breaking Bad is really damn overrated, especially when they put it in that "best show of alltime" category.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #3312
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I quite enjoyed that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
downloadin this shit
Thought it's gonna be shit after beginning, but turned out to be pretty damn good

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
It's kind of a hipster thing with people who read the books first. TV show made it to mainstream and books gained a lot of popularity and they're like "I read ASOIAF before it was cool" so they bitch about the show. Just my impression and it doesn't apply to all people who read the books before the show.
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:45 AM   #3313
Graviton
The Last Alpha Lion

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No one saw tonight's episode lol?
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:42 AM   #3314
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputationThe_Yearning has decent reputation

Seen it.

It was good. But it was kind of confusing.

The Lady in Red gives me the creeps.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:47 AM   #3315
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

I dont get why the Tyrells backed down so easily. Dont they control an army of over 100,000?

Why let Sansa be stolen from Loras so quickly?
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: