Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #3376
Immortal Bum
Decent playground baller

Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
You do realize thats from The Onion...

Right?

Immortal Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #3377
ItsMillerTime
Young Trece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
DEBUNKED!

No shit, right? Fvck me for even thinking that was possible.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #3378
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
No shit, right? Fvck me for even thinking that was possible.
I'm still holding on.

Seriously, though... Is it completely impossible that she was a spy? I doubt the Lannister's would give a second thought to offing what is essentially a high priced hooker, especially since she was carrying Rob's baby by that point.

I guess it's time to let go the spy stuff, but I don't necessarily think her death is a sure sign it was bogus.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #3379
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I'm still holding on.

Seriously, though... Is it completely impossible that she was a spy? I doubt the Lannister's would give a second thought to offing what is essentially a high priced hooker, especially since she was carrying Rob's baby by that point.

I guess it's time to let go the spy stuff, but I don't necessarily think her death is a sure sign it was bogus.

Her reactions all through the episode didn't seem like a person who was spying either. I'm thinking you lost this one. It seemed plausible to me, but halfway through the episode it made no sense and at the end it sure as hell made no sense.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #3380
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #3381
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Its not impossible. She could have expected some signal to get up and go to the bathroom or something. Sure she looked shocked...but who doesnt look shocked when they get stabbed out of nowhere?

I doubt it...but its possible.

That said...

Anyone worried about story holes without all the starks....trust me....they fill it in.

There are many stories going on at once in the 4th book(which im not sure they even get to next season...there are 400 pages after the RW in the third book)

The Dorne story is gonna be great if they nail the actors...which they have always done.

Not so much looking forward to the Greyjoys story. More room to get it wrong. Lot of scenes the TV show doesnt need though so it might not drag on as it does in the books.

But the Starks story wont be missed. Robb/Cat really were kinda boring compared to the huge generation long beefs that come into play soon.

Lot of Littlefinger/Varys shit to come too which im sure will go well on screen.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #3382
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Spy in Robb's camp that Tywin was talking about is Roose Bolton. Talisa theory seemed legit until the wedding...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #3383
Pointguard
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I'm still holding on.

I never believed Talisa was a spy for Tywin's camp, but I still believe she could have been for another camp that just didn't know this would go down. Somebody always got his lil finger in stuff. As ruthless as war is she still could have been a spy for Tywin, but it seems unlikely being that Talisa knew of Jaime's where abouts. Suppose Talisa was like that guy who died 6 times and somebody's sings to her and she wakes up? The writer has a billion escape latches.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #3384
The_Yearning
NBA rookie of the year

So since Talisa is a made up character I guess we won't be expecting her family from Volantis to do anything about her death huh
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #3385
bagelred
Stare

So I've been avoiding all Game Of Thrones info. for 2 days....but I knew something big happened just on the general buzz about the episode.

But this was crazier than I thought. I am just floored. I'm like in shock....wow.

I was just thinking to myself before this episode, "Gee, since Ned Stark died, we really haven't had a major character get killed." Woops....

Damn, man...I liked Robb Stark and his unbelievably gorgeous wife....and mom gets it to see it too....yeesh.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #3386
bagelred
Stare

Whew.....I only have one word to describe everything that I just saw.......

Hodor
Old 06-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #3387
bagelred
Stare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
It always pissed me off how it takes them a damn year to make the season. Seriously, we waste a 3rd/quarter of our good years waiting for our favorite tv shows. Produce them one after the other so we can have bigger seasons or at least faster releases. A year is too long.

That's why you have different shows during different parts of year to look forward to.

Game of Thrones in the Spring.....The Killing just started......True Blood in summer.....BoardWalk Empire in the fall......always have shows to look forward to.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #3388
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Its not impossible. She could have expected some signal to get up and go to the bathroom or something. Sure she looked shocked...but who doesnt look shocked when they get stabbed out of nowhere?

I doubt it...but its possible.

That said...

Anyone worried about story holes without all the starks....trust me....they fill it in.

There are many stories going on at once in the 4th book(which im not sure they even get to next season...there are 400 pages after the RW in the third book)

The Dorne story is gonna be great if they nail the actors...which they have always done.

Not so much looking forward to the Greyjoys story. More room to get it wrong. Lot of scenes the TV show doesnt need though so it might not drag on as it does in the books.

But the Starks story wont be missed. Robb/Cat really were kinda boring compared to the huge generation long beefs that come into play soon.

Lot of Littlefinger/Varys shit to come too which im sure will go well on screen.

Dorne is BULLSHIT!
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:29 AM   #3389
The_Yearning
NBA rookie of the year

Bookreaders, not to reveal too much, but I read somewhere that in the books Robb wanted Jon Snow to be his successor when he died? I also read somewhere that Jon and Robb were pretty close and the show didn't really stress it.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:32 AM   #3390
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
Bookreaders, not to reveal too much, but I read somewhere that in the books Robb wanted Jon Snow to be his successor when he died? I also read somewhere that Jon and Robb were pretty close and the show didn't really stress it.
he wrote a letter that legitimized Jon as a Stark (which would make him the next heir since he was the next oldest). it was never addressed in the show. but yea, in the books, jon and rob are very close.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: