Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #3541
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Reported.

miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #3542
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
Well it's not really up to them to decide...
they will be combining books and have already talked to grrm about how the story is going to end
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #3543
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Shouldn't dani be thinking more about endgame now? If i was her I would head to a city known for naval power and conqueror it. Then take the ships to westeros.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #3544
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
When I saw him I expected him to be Dario. Dario is supposed to have swagger, scars, 1000 whores, and gold teeth.

Dude they have playing him looks like a model.

I don't completely disagree with those of you saying Daario's book composition wouldn't have translated as well to the screen. But I'm less concerned with the look than I am with the attitude. That whole "we had a disagreement about your beauty" was way too classy, or noble, or something. His grimey, sorta bad boy persona is important because it sorta juxtaposes Jorah's quiet, noble, nice guy type of lust for Dany. It's supposed to feel like that dude friend quietly telling all her friends how she's too good for the asshole she's going out with. He already feels too good to make that case.

I was expecting both visually and persona wise sort of an R rated version of Jack Sparrow. And the relationship a bit raunchier then that Pirates one.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #3545
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I don't completely disagree with those of you saying Daario's book composition wouldn't have translated as well to the screen. But I'm less concerned with the look than I am with the attitude. That whole "we had a disagreement about your beauty" was way too classy, or noble, or something. His grimey, sorta bad boy persona is important because it sorta juxtaposes Jorah's quiet, noble, nice guy type of lust for Dany. It's supposed to feel like that dude friend quietly telling all her friends how she's too good for the asshole she's going out with. He already feels too good to make that case.

I was expecting both visually and persona wise sort of an R rated version of Jack Sparrow. And the relationship a bit raunchier then that Pirates one.

Well let's see what else they do with Daario. There's still a lot of his character to develop. I wish they could have found someway to keep Mero or have him play another character. That guy was freaking awesome!
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #3546
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Well let's see what else they do with Daario. There's still a lot of his character to develop. I wish they could have found someway to keep Mero or have him play another character. That guy was freaking awesome!
May be that I'm too quick to judge, but that guy would've been great as Daario.
Still hope that current Daario will improve, at least persona wise. Needs to be more of a bad boy sellsword...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #3547
Pointguard
NBA rookie of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
Sometimes they can step down from a position within the Kingsguard to a lower position to allow someone else who is better suited or capable to run the show.. but they are Kingsguard for life.. Only person ever let go before death was Barristan Selmy (The old guy that showed up and pledged his sword to Dany).

Thanks Anti,

Who doesn't and wouldn't pledge their sword to Dany?

Tywin is the King Maker.
Jaime the King Slayer
Joffrey the King Faker
Tyrion the King Player

On the real Stannis wasting a wish on Greyjoy is a true lack on knowing how things run.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:07 AM   #3548
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputationThe_Yearning has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
they will be combining books and have already talked to grrm about how the story is going to end

That's actually a good thing since they come out with 10 episodes a year.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:56 AM   #3549
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Seems like the Daario thing is controversial, since I think they did a good job also. Dude has quite the swaggericious, uncontrolled presence if you ask me. It's a good thing they don't lay it on thicker than this, I feel that would get old real quick.

Seems like some of you want him to be uttering phrases like "U trynna get on the pipe?", but to me he does need the class, but just developed from a different source than a guy like Jorah.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #3550
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

She looks so much better with the dark hair.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #3551
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
She looks so much better with the dark hair.

Agreed.

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #3552
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Agreed.

she fine, no doubt, but wtf is that shirt. looks like an embroidered muscle shirt
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #3553
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

That really is like someone took a bedazzler to a wife beater.

I'd really like to see her naked with the dark hair. Somehow I feel like it would even set her body off better.

I've said before that Lena Heady, Cersei, also looks better with dark hair, but her Lannister hair is starting to grow on me and I'm not positive anymore. Either way, it was never quite the drastic difference this Emilia Clark's is. If you showed me that picture and asked me who she played I wouldn't know.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #3554
MavsSuperFan
NBA lottery pick

MavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this boardMavsSuperFan is popular on this board

Joffrey is the biggest bitch ever. Even when threatening to rape a 14 year old girl he has to mention that his kingsguard will hold her down to make the threat credible.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #3555
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Can someone tell me why Tyrion/Sansa were able to get married this quick, but for whatever reason Joffrey/Margery still haven't despite being engaged all season?
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: