Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-10-2013, 02:43 AM   #3886
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
same person. uncat is a nickname
cant be
Brujesino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:34 AM   #3887
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I did like finding out that the Bastard of Bolton was the guy responsible for the torturing... And subsequent research has shown me he was a pretty important player in the books.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:00 AM   #3888
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected poster

What did you guys expect from a season finale? The past 3 finales have all been the same-- setting up events for the next season.

This was a good episode.

Theon's sister going to the South, Gendry escaped, White Walkers are nearing, Jon is back in Castle Black, Arya finally killed someone, and Dany is building massively.

Also, I can't wait to see how everyone reacts to the return of Jamie and his missing hand.
The_Yearning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:13 AM   #3889
Turkododo
High school junior varsity star

Turkododo has decent reputation

and during small council meeting that was called upon to reveal Rob's death and the Red Wedding, Tyrion set up Joffrey with a jab and then Tywin swung with a haymaker for the KO by sending the King Joffrey to his quarters without supper.

Last edited by Turkododo : 06-12-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Turkododo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:00 AM   #3890
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
This show really reminds me of Romance of Three Kingdoms, with more than twice the kingdoms and setting in Middle Earth-ish land instead of ancient China.

The stories are both as messed-up and full of big time badasses and jerkasses though.

Funny you mention it, I've always looked at the show as a western fantasy version of Romance of Three Kingdoms.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #3891
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
This season was a disappointment. I'm just about finished with the second book and I'm not looking forward to reading the massive third one which was this season for TV.

The book includes season 4 as well. In the UK it was split in half and sold as 2 books, and the only event that was in the 2nd half was the red wedding. I imagine the books beginning/ending no longer have as much impact on the seasons.

I can see a lot of people losing interest next season or the season after. The books start moving in a completely different direction.

Last edited by BlackWhiteGreen : 06-10-2013 at 08:22 AM.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #3892
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

bad episode+this stannis guy looks like an indecisive p-whipped asshole
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #3893
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
What did you guys expect from a season finale? The past 3 finales have all been the same-- setting up events for the next season.

This was a good episode.

Theon's sister going to the South, Gendry escaped, White Walkers are nearing, Jon is back in Castle Black, Arya finally killed someone, and Dany is building massively.

Also, I can't wait to see how everyone reacts to the return of Jamie and his missing hand.

I don't know why people are complaining? I thought this season (and the final episode) were great. Maybe not as good as 1 or 2, but definitely solid. I don't know exactly what people want out of it? The finale was exactly the right way to do it. As you said, season 4 is now set up to go.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #3894
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

This was a good episode.

This is sorta my feeling too. I actually think I liked this better than last years season finale. It crossed my mind that they could've actually squeezed another wedding in here, even though it would've required rushing some things, and even swapping around some sequences, but it was possible, and it woulda been nuts, but overall not rushing it was probably better.

I did think the Tywin/Tyrion stuff, with Joffrey was top shelf. Tyrion Cersei was good. Cersei seeing Jamie was good.

I thought the mutilated Robb stuff was handled quite well. Showing just enough for me to be mortified but not so much I didn't want to watch.

Roose/Walder was done well enough to set up direction.

And I liked the Arya getting her first kill sequence.

And I even think they kind of paid off the Theon stuff that I really didn't care for most of the year. I still feel like he could've been ommitted for the entire season, but at least it went somewhere. Revealing that the torturer was Roose's bastard just didn't work. I mean I've read the books, so it wasn't gonna be for me anyway, but I don't know anyone who didn't figure out who he was. I really feel like leaving him "dead" all season, only to reveal him in mutilated form later, would've been a better story telling mechanism.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #3895
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef
This is what happens when your girlfriend is a ginger.

I don't know why people are so disappointed with this season. Just think of what we've seen:

Varys revealing part of his back story while exacting revenge (special delivery).
The Kingslayer losing his hand.
Brienne fighting a bear.
Samwell killing a white walker.
People climbing the fucking 700 ft. wall.
Bran warging. (okay that's a little boring, but it leads to some pretty cool shit)
Danerys kicking ass, and showing her nice little body as well.
The Starks getting slaughtered.

And that's only half of the 3rd book. I kind of wish they'd have gotten to Joffrey's wedding, but I'm cool with waiting till next season. My hope is that they condense the 4th book and concentrate more on Tyrion, Littlefinger, Arya, Danerys and Uncat.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #3896
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
cant be

spoilers

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...t/page__st__60

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5123103AAgsTeB
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #3897
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
Funny you mention it, I've always looked at the show as a western fantasy version of Romance of Three Kingdoms.

the books started off as a fantasy re-imagining of the war of the roses

starks vs lannisters = yorks vs lancasters

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/visit-br...194645365.html
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #3898
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
Lannister = Wei. A designated heel clan. Tywin is very much like Cao Cao.
Targaryen = Shu. A designated face clan.
Stark = Wu. An old clan where the head died early in the story. Eddard = Sun Ce.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #3899
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Very good ending! Not the Red Wedding exciting but good none the less.

In white my small tangent....
So it looks like all these wars between the Starks First Men, Baratheon Andals plus (Melisandre of Asshai fire gods), Targaryens is going to pale in comparison to whats coming back from the North.

So now the Starks, Wildlings, Others joins forces to fight the Baratheon Andals (Melisandre of Asshai fire gods), Lannisters.

Then this all out magic war between the Targaryens with Dragons duke it out with the Starks, Wildlings and Others for one epic battle?

Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #3900
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

This was a good episode.

Seriously.

Every season finale so far has setup the next season's plot lines. There were a lot of huge events that happened last night:

Jon and Sam are back at Castle Black
Bran made it past the Wall and is headed north to find the Three-Eyed Crow
Arya shanked the fvck out of some dude
Jamie and Brienne made it back to King's Landing, he's finally back to his sister after months/years
Yara Greyjoy is going to attack the Dreadfort and save Theon from the Bolton Bastard after seeing a Dick in A Box
Tywin and Joffrey really went at it for the first time over who has more power
Gendry escaped (this never happens in the book so his story line should be interesting)
Dany is slowly conquering that entire continent and amassing a HUGE army

And the biggest of all: Stannis, his army, Davos, and Melisandre are going to march to the Wall and assist the Night's Watch

You can't expect an event like the Red Wedding to happen every episode. Some spoiled whiners in here.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: