Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #3901
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: A Game of Thrones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5lgHoEYtd4
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #3902
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #3903
ItsMillerTime
Dazed&Confused

ItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterItsMillerTime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
[b]Very good ending! Not the Red Wedding exciting but good none the less.

In white my small tangent....

Ummm that is definitely not the alliances you are looking for. You're way off.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #3904
Immortal Bum
Decent playground baller

Immortal Bum has not been impressing people

Being near the end of the third book, i was certain they'd end with a couple other things, but really with only one episode there was no time for any of it. If next season is to pick up where they left off, the first half should be pretty exciting.

I wonder if they'll drag out next season to only cover the rest of a Storm of Swords, since they left out enough for that to be possible.
Immortal Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #3905
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #3906
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
Ummm that is definitely not the alliances you are looking for. You're way off.
I know just having fun with it.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #3907
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
Seriously.

Every season finale so far has setup the next season's plot lines. There were a lot of huge events that happened last night:

Jon and Sam are back at Castle Black
Bran made it past the Wall and is headed north to find the Three-Eyed Crow
Arya shanked the fvck out of some dude
Jamie and Brienne made it back to King's Landing, he's finally back to his sister after months/years
Yara Greyjoy is going to attack the Dreadfort and save Theon from the Bolton Bastard after seeing a Dick in A Box
Tywin and Joffrey really went at it for the first time over who has more power
Gendry escaped (this never happens in the book so his story line should be interesting)Dany is slowly conquering that entire continent and amassing a HUGE army

And the biggest of all: Stannis, his army, Davos, and Melisandre are going to march to the Wall and assist the Night's Watch

You can't expect an event like the Red Wedding to happen every episode. Some spoiled whiners in here.

That part interests me. He's already an amalgam of two characters as it is, and now he's trudging off as what would essentially be a completely new character. I wouldn't be surprised if he just died.
I wonder how far off from the books they can get without affecting the later story line.
Like how screwed would they be if GRRM releases the next book and Jeyne Westerling gives birth to Robb Stark's son and he turns out to be Azor Ahai. They'd be screwed. I assume the show knows enough about what's happening moving forward to not really paint themselves in a corner.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #3908
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
That part interests me. He's already an amalgam of two characters as it is, and now he's trudging off as what would essentially be a completely new character. I wouldn't be surprised if he just died.
I wonder how far off from the books they can get without affecting the later story line.
Like how screwed would they be if GRRM releases the next book and Jeyne Westerling gives birth to Robb Stark's son and he turns out to be Azor Ahai. They'd be screwed. I assume the show knows enough about what's happening moving forward to not really paint themselves in a corner.

I've heard that GRRM is very close with the HBO production team, even to the point that he's supplied them with the basic plot line of the novels going forward just in case he dies before finishing them.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #3909
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I've heard that GRRM is very close with the HBO production team, even to the point that he's supplied them with the basic plot line of the novels going forward just in case he dies before finishing them.

The show producers already know how GoT will end... mostly. They already know who will be the last on the Iron Throne.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #3910
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
The show producers already know how GoT will end... mostly. They already know who will be the last on the Iron Throne.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #3911
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm a show watcher and I don't think I can wait another year for season 4, and then another year after that etc.

Do you guys think I should start reading where the show left off or what is the best way to go on about this since the show deviates quite a bit from the books from what I hear.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #3912
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
I'm a show watcher and I don't think I can wait another year for season 4, and then another year after that etc.

Do you guys think I should start reading where the show left off or what is the best way to go on about this since the show deviates quite a bit from the books from what I hear.

You should read from the start, not because the show defiates from the books that much but because there is a lot of material in general you have missed.

You are going to be in the exact same position eventually though. We are still a decade away from the book series being finished.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #3913
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
You should read from the start, not because the show defiates from the books that much but because there is a lot of material in general you have missed.

You are going to be in the exact same position eventually though. We are still a decade away from the book series being finished.

Why does it take so long for that guy to finish? I mean I'm sure he can knock out at least 5 pages a day no?
Old 06-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #3914
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputationAndrei89 has decent reputation

I started reading today from where season 3 left off and god damn just 5 minutes ago! They should have ended the show with what happens 50 pages later.

I don't know why they didn't. However, people who are not reading will absolutely be in with one hell of a GoT S4 premiere next year.

Gonna read everything from the second half of book 3 till 5 now because I am impatient.
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #3915
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i was just kidding. I didnt think you would take it seriously.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: